Wednesday, February 24, 2010

School starts late today

School started two hours late today because our city pretty much shuts down when it snows. I stayed up extra late last night thinking my kids would sleep in. Every morning I have to drag their ass out of bed. I listen to them complain that their to tired to brush their teeth and their to tired to get dressed. Not this morning they came down like spring chickens ready to rock and roll. This really put a damper on my sleeping in, like I said before I'm no morning gal. I found myself having to entertain instead of sleep. I tell them hey go take your I-pod touches upstairs and play. I kick back to chillax alittle on the sofa, I start to doze off a bit and all the sudden it sounds like they are bowling upstairs. Well enough said I couldn't get their asses out of here fast enough so I could lay back down. I don't get why I can not fall asleep at night but I can fall asleep in a minute during the day.
LADY AT THE BANK
I finally get up at 11 and drag ass for awhile. I find myself torn between TV, the computer, and my David Sedaris book. BTW, David Sedaris writes some seriously funny books. I had one thing to do today before the kids get home and that was go to the bank. Don't ask me why but I decide to go in the bank instead of the drive through since I'm doing a few things there. I walk in and there is no one behind the counter. This overly friendly girl walks up and says " can I help you" and lures me into her office. Now I know this is never a good thing she is going to try and sell me something and I'm a huge sucker. She takes my checks and she goes in for the kill. She says "are you happy with your checking and savings account?"......Yes, I am. This is when I think umm I'm going to play stupid. She says "what do you do for a living?"......NOTHING. "You must do something" she says....NO NOTHING. She then says "are you married?".....yes. "Well then what does your husband do?".....he's in furniture. She asks "do you keep these amounts in you checking and savings consistently?"....I don't know I have no idea whats even in there. So I end up getting out of there with just my deposit slip. She must have gotten in trouble for not selling me because my phone rings 10 minutes later and its her. She now wants me to sign up for overdraft protection-credit card. I tell her I'm not allowed to have a credit card. From now on I will be using the drive through at the bank.

PICKING UP THESE PEOPLE I LIVE WITH
I go from the bank to the school to pick up two of these people I live with. My friends daughter is coming home with us. Cole has had a crush on her since we moved here. All the kids get into the car and Cole in the most dramatic voice is telling her that she is the love of his life. I look back and give him the Mom stare that means shut the hell up! I'm afraid he is going to embarrass her. I'm kinda starting to think I'm raising little love sick puppies. He then goes on to tell her that he will date her when they get to HS and after college he will marry her. Now I have to admit I'm glad that he has listened to me on dating in HS and marriage after college, see I'm not the worst Mom in the world ever. Then comes the big one in his very dramatic voice that I couldn't even begin to describe he tells her that she is the one. I'm laughing inside myself at this point thinking I should have not let him grow up watching "One Life To Live". We get home and I ask him if I can have a word with him. We go to my bedroom and I try to explain that I know he is in love but I think he might just be making her uncomfortable. "OK Mom but let me tell you LOVE is a strong word and should not be used lightly, I know that and I mean what I say" he says. I'm thinking did this kid just drop down out of a Hallmark movie?????? I blame Blake his older brother who also thinks he is in love, Cole wants to be just like him.
WHERE ARE MY GLASSES
Hubby walks in from work and I'm cooking bacon spaghetti. Now when the bacon comes out of the oven all these people I live with start circling like sharks. I find myself guarding the bacon so I can get it in the sauce before they eat it. One time when I was making this same dish I made the mistake of leaving the room when I came back half the bacon was gone. Hubby says "have you seen my Oakley's?" Now this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I can't even tell you how many times these people I live with ask me where THEIR shit is. I give him the look and say "how would I know where YOUR Oakley's are?" I don't know if any of you others find this most annoying but I think why the hell should I be in charge of all your stuff???????
FLUORESCENT LIGHTING
Anyone who has read any of my previous post know that I hate fluorescent lighting. So hubby every time a light bulb blows out changes it and replaces it with a fluorescent bulb. He says this will save us money on the electric bill. People look like crap under fluorescent lights, this is a fact of life. I personally have no problem living with the soft filtered lights and paying an extra five dollars a month. I have never understood why they put fluorescent lighting in dressing rooms. I know longer try clothes on in there, I'm a huge believer that ignorance is bliss! My sister always gets on me for not trying stuff on. Sorry twisted sister but if I never had to look at my ass in fluorescent lighting again I would be a happy camper. If I owned a clothing store I would serve wine and have soft lighting in the dressing rooms.....I would make a killing!!! BTW, once hubby puts florescent in the bedroom I'm moving out! Anyway another fabulous day with these people I live with.

No comments: