Sunday, February 14, 2010

Parents flew in to celebrate my 40th.

So my parents flew in to help me celebrate turning 40!
They take hubby and me to The Roaring Fork in downtown Austin.

So we have a great dinner but the conversation kinda goes south after a few cocktails. I don't even remember why we were talking about this but I said Cole was conceived in Mexico. My Mom says well your brother was conceived in your canopy bed......WHAT I did not need to know that! Damn all I can think about is they better have washed those sheets!!!!!! At this point it is all clear to me that she is the reason for my open mouth insert foot trait. Now this is a mental image I just don't need burned into my brain....my brain drives me nuts enough on its own. So she goes on to say Grandma was babysitting and when they got home Grandma and me were asleep in their bed. Thank God I was thinking that's alittle strange to be doing the deed in your 9 year olds bed. I get it now, been there myself a few times. My Dad hates these kinda conversations so he is clearly uncomfortable. Poor guy between Mom, my Sister, and me we probably drive him crazy with some of our shit talk. Hubby and Daddy kinda have blank looks on their faces and are not saying much at this point. So the waitress comes by and I throw out there that we are there to celebrate my 40th birthday. My point in telling her this is I'm hoping that she will say Damn girl you don't look 40 and give us free dessert. No such luck on either count! Anyway we had a great dinner with my parents for my birthday.


We get home and have cake with the kids which is not the best idea at 9 O'clock on a school night.



So my Mom not hubby gets the kids some great gifts to give me for my Birthday. Hubby does throw me a great 70's theme party that I will be blogging about after I unfog the brain from it!

My 40th turned out to be not such a bad day. I had a great time having my parents come and treat me like a queen for the day.







No comments: