Monday, February 8, 2010

UNMANAGEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone else out there ever feel like your kids are UNMANAGEABLE???? Hubby is in Dallas for business so it's just me and my boys! We go to hip hop lessons and after I say hey lets go to McDonald's since Daddy is gone. So were in there eating and the two little ones want to go play in play area. OK, great Blake my oldest and I sit in the other part of the restaurant having a great conversation about the importance of good grades. Alittle time goes by and I here this totally obnoxious blood curdling screech!!! Of course this is one of my kids. So I can sit back and pretend they are someone else's kids or I can go in there and lay down the law. So I decide to be a parent and go take care of the problem. I get in the play area and there is a kid in there about to cough up a lung....what the heck is wrong with people. Why in the world would you take your sick child in there and let them infect all the healthy kids???? So the scream came from Cole and its just the way he plays he is a huge mega mouth. I call him aside and say you need to be respectful and keep your voice to a low roar. Besides that we really need to go cause there is a sick kid in here and I don't want you to get it! So mega mouth yells "what sick kid???? "I know him and I know better than to tell him something like this cause he always takes it and runs with it. So we leave with my head down in shame for once again getting caught talking crap. I grabbed Aidan's left over nuggets on our way out. So in the car I ask Aidan if he wants to finish his food and he doesn't. Blake grabs the nuggets and starts eating them. Cole decides he wants one too. Well this starts world war three while I'm driving. I tell Blake give your brother that last nugget so as he is handing the last nugget to him he takes a tiny bite out of it. Blake is a master at getting Cole riled up! I lose it now once again I let these people I live with bring me right down to their inmature level. I'm mad at Blake because that was a crap thing to do and he knows it....plus it was done on purpose. I'm mad at Cole because he is just plain freaking out and crying which drives me crazy. I say I will never take you guys to McDonald's again, I thought I was doing something nice but turns out you just spiked my blood pressure instead. Aidan says"Mom can I go to McDonald's again because I haven't done anything wrong"....Yes, Aidan we will still go to McDonald's. Well this sets Cole off and now he is moving out. We get home I tell them get ready for bed and Cole goes in the cabinet where I keep all the photo albums. He is taking them out and I say what are you doing???? "I'm taking these with me that way you can forget that you ever had me." Now, that's a bit dramatic I say. By the way when you move out where are you going??? Cole says "I'm going to buy a house"...REALLY, with what money??? Cole says I have $57.00 and a jar full of change. OK, well I hate to see you go but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. Ten minutes goes by and Cole comes up to me and says" I was looking through the photo album and I decided I'm going to stay" What changed your mind???? Then he says the sweetest thing....."I looked at the pictures and saw how much you love me" Yes, Cole I love you so much, but I really need you to get yourself in check or your ass is otta here...LOL Now that's what I was thinking but I told him I was glad he was staying and we really need to work on not getting so mad all the time. We hugged and all is well with these people I live with. That is until tomorrow. Raising kids is the greatest joy ever and the hardest job at the same time.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I just love Cole! He's going to be famous one day.