Tuesday, February 16, 2010

40th Birthday party 70's style


I had a 70's theme birthday party for my 40th. I stressed for weeks trying to plan this party. I second guessed everything from having it at the house, having costumes, what to serve for food, and what to serve for drinks. It ended up turning out great. Peoples costumes were great, the food was good, and hiring a bartender was the best part. My sister made stickers with my face for everyone to wear, they were pretty clever.


We had some pretty fun characters show up for this shin dig. My friend Christina's costume was to cute.

My Mother in law, Sister in law, and Brother in law drove in from Dallas to help me celebrate.


My Mom and Dad look pretty damn good I must say. My Mom thought the bartender was a waste of money. Of course she told me this the next day while she was eating her words, cause now she thought he was worth the money. Could you imagine 40 plus people trying to make cosmos and Mexican martinis! I guess I'm still alittle immature cause it makes me happy when I'm right and my Mom is wrong. My Mom was a huge help to me getting ready for this party she cleaned the shit out of my house. Love you Mom if your reading this. I still love that I can think not say I told you so.


Hubby was a good sport about dressing up. This is more my idea of fun than his. We did have a few little disagreements leading up to the party. About the only thing he was on board with was having a bartender. Now that surprised me I thought for sure I would have to put out the get a bartender added to the list. He tried to cheap out the party out a few times and I kept saying I will not cheap out my 40th. I can't tell you how many times he said do you really need that. In the end he came through for me like he always does. So thank you hubby for a terrific party.


Can you tell we all shopped at the same place for our shoes. We all went to Lucy's in Disguise in Downtown Austin. What a crazy place, I may just go back some time to people watch. Lucy's was packed with the strangest variety of characters, kinda makes you wonder what all these people need costumes for. While shopping in there I kept telling the workers that I was shopping for my 40th birthday 70s style. Once again I was throwing that out there in hopes that one person would say 40????REALLY???U don't look it!!!! No such luck again.


I'm so glad my Mom and Dad were at the party, they are always alot of fun. I just wish my Brother and Sister could have been there.


Now I wouldn't have wanted to run into these to creeps in a Disco in the 70's.


My disco theme cake turned out great. If anyone needs a great cake lady I can get you her number. What was nice is it looked great and tasted even better.


We would have been a fun group in the disco.


You can tell I'm starting to feel no pain here. Scooby dooby Doo Where are you?? Do you think they have the word Dooby in his name for a reason????



John Travolta shows up at the party for alittle dance fever, I think he brought Sandy from back in his Grease days. We also had a couple of 70's gym teachers stop by in hopes that they could do the hustle. John promises to keep this party "stayin alive"



All my friends make it and we are having a great night doing karaoke and dancing.



The drinks are flowing so alot of us start to get some liquid courage.


"Your so Vain" very hard song to sing and we sounded like shit! Theres a video out there that will not show up on this blog.


Sonny doesn't look happy that Cher seems to have traded him in for a new singing partner. Now Sonny's singing "I Lost You Babe"



Austin Powers and his hot date show up to check out all the sexy bitches. He is hoping that Dr Evil does not show up. He asks me if he could use my room to shag his date my reply is Oh be-have Austin.

Sonny keeps telling everyone "Mama was a rock-in-roll singer and Papa used to write her songs." Cher is getting sick of listening to him so she decides to go. Sonny sings "Baby don't go." Cher says "you lost me babe".....Sonny's response is "The beat goes on"



As the night goes on the karaoke gets louder and more obnoxious.


Some jerk dog gave me K*Y touch massage warming gel! Here it is in mid air cause I'm throwing that shit away. I don't need that shit, I get more sex than I want already. I don't need anything that's going to get hubby's wheels turning. Shame on you. Just Kidding really I got lots of great and funny gifts from everyone.



At this point I'm thinking to myself what happens in the Scooby van stays in the Scooby van.



This was on of my favorites because my friend Jason was unrecognizable. I believe my Dad stood up in a wedding and wore this same suit.



Now these are some Afros, almost kinda makes me wish I was older in the 70's. I would have enjoyed the Disco Days.


Zoinks, you know your drunk when your out on the dance floor and you think you have good moves.



Who's brilliant idea was this????? I thought these were my friends here. Why does it always seem like a good idea to do a shot when you know this is the one that going to send you over the edge. I can just hear Scooby saying "it's the great boneyard in the sky for you"


This is what I would look like with a lifestyle lift and I like it.

I decide to give myself a homemade lifestyle lift!!! Dontcha wish you girlfriend was hot like me?????


The kids were not allowed at the party but they did have fun trying the wigs on before they went overnight to a friends house.


1 comment:

mackyton said...

Woah! What an outstanding party! That’s the Elvis style. He is still one of my favorites. Well, nobody can forget “jailhouse Rock”. It is a good theme and I can easily convert my house into a party venue. My husband is going turn 30 next week and he is the rock and roll fan as well.