Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I didn't sign up to be a referee

I'm telling you after these last two days I think I'm going to go on line and buy myself a referee uniform along with a loud ass whistle! I don't know if any of you other people feel like your more of a referee than a parent, well that's where I'm at! I spend my days breaking up fights, trying to get kids to listen, and helping kids with homework that I sometimes have to google to figure out myself. The madness has started with three boys playing soccer.......this means practices almost every night of the week....which also means three games every Saturday. Not to mention hip hop for two and guitar for the other. I feel I have no time for me since I'm either driving someone somewhere or breaking up a fight. I'm thinking of putting a padded sound proof room in my house, maybe for myself more than them so I can go in there and yell F@#K!!!! I find myself saying all the things I swore I would never say to my kids like "When I was your age" Well guess what they don't care about when I was their age just like I didn't care when my parents said it. How about the famous one when you have run out of steam to argue anymore and you say "because I said so"....I always hated that the the most! I have had to take everything away from my 12 year old because his grade is slipping in a class. I don't know how to get through to him....drives me nuts. I caught myself saying "this hurts me more than you" now it really does.......but I remember being a kid and thinking my parents were full of shit when they said that. Kids just don't get it. I keep my cool for a long time and after I tell them to do something five times I find myself yelling. They are like why are you yelling???? Hello people I wouldn't be yelling if you would have just listened to me the first five times. Once again they honestly have no clue. Then in the end they say something that makes me laugh. Aidan tonight says " I feel OK but for some reason I have doo doo" I don't know why but I found myself laughing at that. All I know is I hope I'm around to watch them raise their own kids, I'm going to sit back and laugh my ass off. Especially since mine have a bad habit of telling me that when they have kids they are going to let them have anything they want and do anything they want. Yeah buddy good luck with that and let me know how that works out for you. Anyway sorry for bitching tonight but life has been alittle tough with these people I live with lately!

No comments: