Sunday, February 21, 2010

Aidan turns 7 today! The day had many ups and downs.

So my baby turned seven today. This is really hard for me to believe how fast the time has gone. I'm in bed and hear this little very soft spoken voice say "it's my B-day and no body has wished me a happy B-day" I open one eye and there sits Aidan on the side of my bed. Oh honey happy B-day!!!! He says "I still have doo doo on my B-day and that's just not fair" No that's not fair at all but how about you let Mommy get another hour of sleep in. I go back to sleep and I'm awaken from the sound of a cleaning frenzy going on in the house. Hubby is very anal so I decide I will just keep sleeping and let him finish cleaning. I know if I get up he will put me to work. I know I sound evil at times but I just don't care. I finally get up around 10 and the kitchen is sparkling clean plus he is just finishing up washing the floors. I have timed this perfectly.
Some of the family has sent Aidan money for his B-day so we go out shopping. Cole is turning nine tomorrow so he goes with his B-day money as well. Everything is going great, we have a nice ride to the stores. While shopping at toy r us Cole wants to buy a basketball hoop that's made for a three year old. I put my foot down and say you can't get that it is silly. This starts the war. Cole is arguing with me that it is his money and he could spend it the way he wants. I suggest several other better ideas but they are just not flying. Aidan get a plane that by the way broke five minutes after we got home. Cole says he's not getting anything and he doesn't even want to celebrate his B-day. OK, whatever just get in the car. We were also heading to Target and Academy. In the car heading to Target I'm getting a ear full of things like, take me home, your the worst Mom ever, I'm having the worst B-day ever, and No body likes me! In my overactive mind I'm thinking I'd like to drop your ass on the side of the road, Your the worst kid ever, and your damn right no one likes you cause you suck!!!!! I refuse to be brought to that level so I just say, sorry your sad I hope your day gets better. We pull up to Target and he his refusing to get out of the car. He is a sight let me tell you, for he now has full on snot running out of his nose from crying. I don't have any Kleenex in the car so I give him a receipt to wipe his nose. At this point he has sent me to the deep dark place so I tell him get your ass out of the car before I give you away to a Mom who is the worst Mom in the world. He gets out finally and I'm trying to explain to him it's no fun to do nice things for someone who does not appreciate them. He is calming down finally, I don't know cause I'm not a middle child but people tell me this is a middle child thing. I really pretty much feel like a failure, how could I have raised this Demon! He finds something he likes at Target and all is well. On the way home I try to tell him how the way he acted is just not right. He does tell me he is Sorry and I'm not the worst Mom ever. Your damn right kid someone else might of flat out kicked your ass! Now of course I would never tell him that but damn he makes me think some evil things!

We get home and I started this tradition where the kids make their own cupcakes for school. Now note to you people who don't have this age children don't start this tradition! This is a nightmare waiting to happen. I always have these great ideas thinking they are my kids and they will get bored and I will finish the job. Not so much they want to do everything.....which makes for many cleanups on aisle 1! At least if you do this because it does make them feel important DO THE FROSTING YOURSELF!

Of course they love to lick that frosting which makes for a fabulous sugar rush! I'm a Dr. Oz crazy women and he just had a show saying that the sugar rush in children is a myth. I call bullshit.....he needs to hang with mine after alittle sugar.

See all my bitching and in the end look at how proud this kid looks with his homemade cupcakes. I AM NOT THE WORST MOM IN THE WORLD EVER!
I got Blake a gift to give each of his brothers. This makes him feel part of the day and important. This hopefully teaches him the joy of giving instead of receiving all the time.

Wow, look at the excitement on his face this makes my non paying, hair raising, blood presser job worth it.
Oh they look cute but they can be pure EVIL! Anyway another fabulous day with these people I live with!







No comments: