Friday, December 21, 2012

Where did the romance go?

 I decided to let the kids open one gift each tonight! That's because I'm a sucker for spreading Christmas cheer. Plus I think they appreciate it more when they don't open everything at once.
 Aidan...aka...pig pen who has the most gifts under the tree picked his very carefully. Of course he picked the only package that could have been a bat. I hid that way in the back under other presents and only put it out earlier today. Guess someone has been inspecting gifts under the tree! At least he looks happy!
 Blake...aka..the not so charming prince refused to take a normal picture. Kid is lucky he has anything under the tree.
Then there is Cole..aka...Drama. He actually asked for the least amount of things. He told me to save my money. When he said that I honestly said..."Who are you?". So he picked up one gift and said "No, that's not it". I said.."How do you know?". He says..."You don't want to know". I say.."No, really how do you know you don't want that one?". He says.."While you were watching TV I snuck the gifts behind the sofa and peeked at them". I say.."Really cause they were all wrapped". He says..."I pulled the tape back and then I coded the one I wanted to open first with a sharpie". That sharpie thing is kind of brilliant. Doesn't anyone like a surprise around here????? Oh yes, I do! The only surprise I seem to get are the ones that wait for me in my toilets.

So this am was the last day of sanity for me kind of! It was the last day of school before the two week Christmas break kind of. I say kind of because Aidan's "Holiday party" as they like to call it now was at 8am. Anyone who knows me knows I like to get the kids to school and go back to bed. So the idea of an 8am holiday party is not my idea of fun. Especially the ones you can take your kids home after. Then the middle school and high school got out at noon. After spending an hour in pick up lines and traffic I was home with more kids than I birthed! Yeah it's Christmas break! I already have a headache.

Shortly after I'm home I get a text from Hubs. It reads.."Are we exchanging for Christmas and if so what do you want?". I text back.."Surprise me". He text.."Your hard to buy for". I text.."We are married for 17 years think of something".  Then I text.."I had no problem finding you a gift". He text..."Give me an idea". Then he text.."So and Sos wife took pictures for him". I text..."Oh I'll send you some pictures no problem"..."BTW, I think either you or so and so is full of shit". (The pictures he is thinking I'll send him are not the ones on my mind right now) He text.."Your so difficult". I text.."I'm simple if you listen". He text..."How about a vacuum?".  I text.."OK". He text.."Seriously, then I need the cost co card back". I text.."You buy me a vacuum you just bought yourself a no sex card for a very long time". He text..."Just Kidding then". I text.."I have an idea, pretend you have a very hot new girlfriend that your trying to impress and pretend your shopping for her". No response!!!! About an hour later I get a text from my sister...it says.."Your husband text me and asked what you want for Xmas". Priceless!!!! Where did the romance go????


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shirtless pictures blew me away! I had the picture of Pig Pen holding the bat rotated vertically, sharpened just a tad, and display life size on my 34" monitor. OMG! He looked like he was right in front of me. I couldn't believe it. I was sitting there admiring every feature and detail of his physique and his chest and tummy and the next thing I knew my hand found it's way to his chest and I began very slowly caressing his chest and tummy. I took nice long slow strokes as I admired him. It looked like I was really rubbing and feeling him and the clarity of the picture and my smooth warm monitor made it seem like I was actually stroking and caressing his body, and the expression on his face was incredible. So far this picture is my definite favorite.