Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Nothing like getting thrown under a bus on xmas

 So here's the story......Xmas eve morning I woke up tired as hell from a weekend filled with xmas parties. I had a sugar low for sure. Mix that with mental pause and packing for four people and I was a hot mess. So I told my kids at least ten times to get the crap they wanted packed. I told them to brush their teeth ten times as well. Hubs was out running errands while we dragged ass. He calls and asks if were ready. He tells me he will pick up something to eat before we get on the road. He gets home with sonic burgers and cheese fries for everyone. We are all at the kitchen table. I'm having a frickin hot flash ready to stick my head in the freezer when Blake...aka the not so charming prince decides to throw all the crap he doesn't want on his cheeseburger in the trash. I look over and see him doing this in the trash that has no bag in it. Now I have to say before I tell this next part that I have already had many fights over stupid things with them. So I look over and see this and say.."What the hell Blake, do you not see that there is no bag in there???". Then I say he is acting like an idiot. Hubs who has not been here for the packing and teeth brushing fights says.."Kerry, Really, you just called him an idiot?". He tells me that is un called for in front of him. This chaps my ass! I have a big problem with this even if I may have been wrong calling him an idiot. My parents always took each others sides right or wrong in front of us kids. So I'm pissed. A few minutes later I ask Hubs a question about the errand he was running to get a gift card for his mom. I ask if he got the gratuity included in the gift card he just picked up. He shrugs his shoulders. I say it's a yes or no question. He says.."I'm eating". I say again it's a yes or no question. He says..."What's the big deal?". I'm thinking....Damn it it's a yes or no question. Remember when I write this next part I'm having a hot flash, I have had a God awful morning trying to get the kids packed, and I'm in mental pause. So my cheese fries happen to going flying. I wanted to throw them at Hubs head but I throw them past his head at the wall. They fly everywhere. I leave the room after this and head to the bathroom. I cry...because I really wanted those cheese fries and I'm hungry.

So I'm in the bathroom crying over the fact that I just threw the cheese fries I really wanted at the wall. Hubs walks in. He looks at me and says..."I don't know what that was, but that's not you". He says.."I don't know what to tell the kids what that was". Then he says.."I'm telling you as your friend that your kids are confused and will not respond to that kind of behavior". I look at him and tell him "you have to have my back good or bad and you didn't, you corrected me in front of Blake which teaches him to not respect what I'm saying". He says.."I get that but you can't call him an idiot". I say.."He was being an idiot though". He says.."I get that, but you still cannot call him that...it's not right". I say.."I get that, but you have to have my back because I always come back down and explain myself and say sorry". We argue some more. I tell him I'm not going to Dallas. I don't mean it I'm just pulling the girl card and trying to make my point. That I'm not going to take being treated like one of his kids. So we end up in the joyful car ride to Dallas. Were both mad but we make the best of it. Hubs put headphones on to tune us all out. I play a game on my iPhone. The kids are on best behavior because they know I'm super close  to insanity. I look over at Hubs and ask a question. He ignores me because of those damn headphones. So I put my hand up in front of me and act like I'm talking to it. I have a whole conversation with my hand, Hubs looks over and laughs and then continues to sing whatever song he is listing too. And he wonders why I'm close to insanity!
So we get to Dallas. We are unpacking the car. Cole brought his Xbox and realizes he forget his controllers. Who gets the blame..me of course. I seem to get the blame for everything that goes wrong. Michael's Mom made a super sweet speech after dinner and then gave us very generous gifts. So generous that my youngest offered to give her some back. Love that about him! After she makes her speech Cole..aka..Drama decides he needs to say something. It starts out really sweet. He is telling how much he loves his family, tells the story about how Michael and I met, he says how thankful he is that we met. He talks about how they will all have kids and keep the family going. It was super proud for a moment. Then Aidan gets in the mix. Between Cole and Aidan they tell the cheese fry story they not only tell the cheese fry story they also tell a story that happened years ago. A story about Michael And I in a fight in the car after a vacation. Hello, wish I could put my head in the sand somewhere! Note to self......Never fight or do something that you don't want told on you in front of your kids. Hello, did I not teach you kids about the vault!!!!! Geez, xmas has been really embarrassing thanks to my kids with no filter. I mean really they had to tell the cheese fry story! I was an asshole, which should be in the family vault....not so much with these kids.   So I'm tired, going to bed no proof reading happened in this post,,,so sorry! It is a hot mess...that's my life with these people  I live with!!!!!

No comments: