Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It has come and gone once again.

 So Christmas has come and gone once again. Thumbs up for me this year. No one cried over what the other one got. I seemed to hit the nail on the head with most gifts. I bought the wrong shoes for Aidan but we exchanged those tonight. He picked these crazy Nike shoes. They were so strange that when the not so charming prince saw him he laughed in his face. He said it looked like he was wearing giant highlighters on his feet. They happen to be the exact color of the yellow highlighter marker. I was thinking they looked like clown shoes. I made him go into the bathroom with me when we got home. I turned out the lights I thought for sure these suckers would glow in the dark. They didn't though. I think if Nike is going to make the most obnoxious highlighter color shoes they should at least glow in the dark. Now if somewhere down the line if you see Nike glow in the dark highlighter shoes they stole that shit from me!!!! I better "Google" and see if they actually make them before I shit talk too much. Just "googled" glow in the dark Nike. Sure as shit they got em. Disregard my Nike shit talking....I in fact did not just come up with the next big thing.
 We were opening presents one night before we left for Dallas. I asked the kids to get in funny PJ's. The little guys were all for it. The not so charming prince was having no part of it. I talked him into it. Well really I told him he had to or he could not open a gift. I'm just trying to get him to stop trying to grow up so fast. I would give Hubs left nut to be a kid in footy jams again. Of course he had to try to make them look as cool as he could. Wish I had those stomach muscles. These people I live with ruined any chance at those now. BTW, he did get those from me. I once had those in a far, far, away land.
 Cole was rocking my Grinch robe. Deb Downer bought me this robe years ago when I was pregnant with one of these people. I think it was Pig Pen. There is a picture of me in this robe the night before I had him. I showed him this picture once and told him that was him in my belly. His response was one I still get a chuckle at. He asked why I ate him. Cole...aka...Drama was there when he said that. Cole...aka...Drama says..."Hey Stupid, God put you in her belly she did not eat you! I did not eat him but I sure as shit ate a ton of yummy cheese burgers and drank a ton of milkshakes.
 We had a super busy weekend before we left for Dallas. We had a Christmas party Saturday night. Since it was the husbands birthday they had some adult entertainment at the party. The kind that I fed Hubs as many drinks as I could so he would pass out while I got my PJ's on. It was not a baby Jesus kind of Christmas party. I would post pictures but I don't need to lose anymore friends over this stupid blog. The next day we had a gingerbread contest party. This was our first year to get invited to this event. Pig Pen's friends Grandma host this event. I connected with her right when I met her. She is from Chicago so of course we hit it off. Lots to talk about...Like good pizza and Garrett's popcorn. This party was a blast. She gets everyone a ginger house. Then all the people invited bring different kinds of candy to share. She has a judge in a Judges coat. She has trophies. She had good food...lots of good food. I never used to be a foodie, lately food excites me on a new level. You can tell by looking at me.
 It was even more fabulous when my ginger house won!!!!!!!! I'm creative like that...tooting my own horn about now.  After this party we headed to a friends house for an appetizer party with a few couples. Food, Food, and more Food!!!!! Let the holiday pounds pack on. At this party someone brought one of those dance games. I happen to be the queen of beating people at this game.....well most people. There are a few who have beat me. I will not name names though. So there I am shit talking. I couldn't beat a sophomore boy to save my life. Really????? taken down by a sophomore boy....I'm so practicing before I rematch that sucker. I will rematch and win next time. Dude was dancing all day on that game. I call foul play! You may be a sore loser if you complain when a kid beats you.
 I'm thinking my future is so bright I need to wear shades. I'm back from a way too short trip to Dallas. Damn it but Hubs is out of vacation. Too bad he can't be like me watching housewives and eating bon bons all day. BTW, Hub's got me these shades for Christmas. It's my first nice set of shades. I'm sure he will regret it when I lose them or step on them like I do with most shades. When I was on the phone with Deb Downer on the way home I told her about my new shades. She laughed and asked if he was crazy. He's just trying to dodge more cheese fry melt downs at this point.

We had a great time in the big "D" even if it was too short. I had a great time with MiMi. I had some great talks with Lindz. Joey is always a laugh. Dude has a good one liner for everything. Tracy cooked a great meal...I swear she's missing her calling. It's always good to see Jeff. I got to see my niece who I haven't seen in a long time plus Blair and Mandy. She's as adorable as ever. So wish God would have blessed me with a girl. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade these boys I live with but a girl would be nice in the mix. Thank God I have two nieces even if I cussed the shit out of their parents when they had them. At least my girly self can now shop for girly gifts. Plus I only laugh at their girl drama.

So tonight I'm back home after a traffic filled drive back from the big "D".  Pig Pen talked me into a sleep over. My kids have had more sleepovers than I ever did as a kid. They are still up just complaining....do they ever tire out??? I'm blogging and watching housewives. Hubs is sleeping cause he has to work. Life is hard for me. I'm also thinking about New Years resolutions. Wondering if I can follow through with them. It's the same old, same old. Be a better Mom...Until they piss me off, be a better wife until he pisses me off, take better care of myself until I need a beer, eat better till I pass a cheeseburger joint, and be a better friend, until I shit talk someone, because most people give us  something to talk shit about. I'm really working on all of that. I do believe the older I get that most of us talk a little shit here and there. We all think we are judge Judy. I know people talk a little shit about me. That song "Let's give them something to talk about" comes to mind. I do think we talk shit to make ourselves feel better. I'm missing spending my Christmas in Chicago even if my Christmas in "D" was good. In a perfect world I would have all my important people together during the holidays. Universe do you hear me???? I don't know about you but I make resolutions with every intention of following through....then life gets in the way. Once again I should not post this till I proof read. I'm lazy though....working on that too. I'm a work in progress for sure. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.....I hit an all time high with readers on here this month. Not sure where you all are coming from but I hope it's not all the people "googling" boys private parts. Not sure why this takes "googlers" to my blog but my news feed lets me know everyday that there are lots of pervs out there. I thank you for reading my way too honest rants and putting up with bad writing and grammar...some day when I have time to myself, I will take a writing class.  Cheers, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I put the his res shot of the three boys standing together on display in my large digital picture frame it will be just priceless.