Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Time to make the cookies

 So I was feeling guilty about last nights blog post. I decided we should probably make some Christmas cookies. Keep at least some traditions going. Aidan...aka...pig pen always wants to help. His pig pen name holds true once again. While making a new chocolate chip recipe from pinterest I mess it up. I got ahead of myself and put the wrong measurements in. When I cook I follow several recipes that I usually mesh together. I don't really follow the measurements either. That usually works great for cooking. Baking not so much. So I'm trying to get the messed up measurement out. I have done this before. It never ends well. My cookie dough is in the fridge, we will see tomorrow if they taste alright. I don't have high hopes for this batch.
 Pretzel Rolo bites are Aidan's favorite thing to make. This year I let him do it all. The problem with these suckers are they are expensive to make. These people I live with don't just eat one, they eat ten. They don't last long at all.
 Aidan's finished product. His wife will thank me someday. Speaking of Aidan. Today I picked him up from school. I said my normal.."How was your day". He shrugged his shoulders and looked down at a note in his hand. I say.."What's that in your hand?". He says..Nothing". Followed by a sigh. I say.."Can I see what your holding?". I'm thinking he got a bad grade or something. He takes his school work very serious. It bothers the hell out of him when he does not get an A. Yes, I have one of those!!!! Thank you Jesus! He's still looking down at the note. He says."I guess" and hands it over. I'm a little shocked at what I see. It's a note from a girl. It reads......."Just going to tell you I'm breaking up with you. We can still be friends!!!! Maybe if you don't do all the weird things we can get back together. So yeah your prowldy (My guess she's trying to spell probably) never going to change". I laugh for so many reasons. He looks at me and says.."Why are you laughing?". I say "first of all I'm pretty impressed by this girls writing". She only had one misspelling. She had capitals and good punctuation. He says.."That is what your thinking?". I say..."Well yes that and so many other things". First I say..."When did you get a girlfriend and why am I finding out from a breakup note?". He says.."She asked me out yesterday". I laugh again. I say "So she asked you out yesterday and broke it off today???". He says.."Yep". I say.."What's her name?". She never sighed the break up note! He tells me her name. I have no idea who she is. I ask what he is doing that is so weird and then I say.."tell me your not that guy who acts all crazy and goofy when you like someone". He says.."No, Mom!!!!! I just ate chips and dipped them in BBQ sauce and it grossed her out". I laugh again. Then I ask him if he feels bad about it. He says.."A little". I say..."Don't feel bad, there are many fish in the sea, some are goldfish, some are alligator gars, some are hammerhead sharks, some are snappers, some are blow fish. He looks at me funny and says.."Girls are fish?". I say "Yes, stick with the goldfish and stay away from any of the shark species". He laughs and says he doesn't know what kind of fish she is. I say "by her letter I would say she is a snapper". She is smart judging by the note, she is fickle and that's alright, She doesn't like something and she snaps and bolts. He laughs. I say.."Don't go telling her I called her a snapper fish, I don't want an angry mommy phone call". He says.."I got your back mama". I laugh and say I got your back too!

So the note. Lets analyze this! Girl has a lot to learn. Breakup notes are never good. Do it in person. That proves you have character, that is a good trait to have.  I love the drama in the 4th grade for God sakes. Friends???? Boys are never well almost never friends with girls who break up with them. Maybe years later after they find a better girl. Change??? I laugh just writing that down. I'm a girl, I have been there wanting to "Change" a guy. I once even tried to change a gay guys mind. He would have been my perfect mate. All caring, super good looking(aren't most of them) loving a good outfit, loving some good gossip, digging shopping, bitching, noticing a good haircut, being honest about a bad hair color, and the drama...We all want to "Change" our guys into our perfect mate!!!! It's why a lot of us women love the book 50 shades of dirty!!!! Damn girl changes that guy who happens to shit money too!  We can't change them.....UNFORTUNATELY!!! It sucks I know. We can change them maybe a little when they want something from us or when we really get mad at them. Then they go back to that un-changed guy after. So you better like the guy you pick good or bad. Your not changing him. So girlfriend....word...if eating something weird is the worst thing you can say about my son then good luck to you. Spoken like a true Mama bear! I hope you know I'm joking since this is a 4th grade non romance! I'm still laughing at the fact that my 4th grader got a break up note. I guess he is not too heart broken since he came home and showed Blake...aka...the not so charming prince and Blake's girlfriend the note and laughed about it. Wait Blake doesn't have a girlfriend. He corrects me every time I say that. He says it's a "thing"! This "thing" has gone on and off since the 6th grade. I may be old school but I would not like being referred to as a "thing". I complain to him about this a lot. He tells me that she calls him her "thing" too. From where I'm standing this "thing" is not going away anytime soon. This "thing" seems to have him wrapped around her finger. I really like the "Thing" for now. Ask me if the "thing" is still around in a few years. No seriously if this "thing" stayed around I would be alright because for some reason they seem to connect in a way that is really sweet. I'm kind of  proud of the fact that all my boys seem to be very loyal to the girls they pick. Cole is in 6th and has liked the same girl since 1st grade. Blake is a freshman and has liked the same girl since 6th grade. As far as Aidan this is the first "girlfriend" and it only lasted a day! He may be a little more like me than I hoped! When I was much younger. My Dad teased me about making a calender of the boyfriend of the month for me. Now I have been married 17 years...who knew! Not Dad..aka..Grumps!
So any who, this last picture was a pinterest recipe. It's a saltine cracker bottom, then you boil brown sugar and butter. You put the sugar thing over the saltines. Place it in the oven till it boils. Then you put semi sweet chocolate over the top and spread once it melts. Looks good right??? Not so good...way too sweet. If I do it over I would melt milk chocolate over the top. I'm not in the mood for a do over though. I so should turn this blog into a Pinteresting recipe blog.

Final note....I wish my not so charming prince could fast forward to his 30 something life. He would get why I get mad at him and understand why I say and do the things I do. I wish my 6th grader would just chill out as far as being stressed out over finals. I only expect him to do the best he can. The fact that he was up till midnight last night stressing makes me sad and happy at the same time. I love that he cares but I don't want him to care so much he can't sleep. Then there is my Aidy baby as I like to call him. This kid fears the world in a way I would never wish on my worst enemy. I want him to relax and smell the roses. Then there is Hubs my wish for him is that he could relax and smell the roses too! He is a good man. I was taken back a few days ago when I got a text from him that asks if I thought he was a good Dad because he was second guessing himself. I text back Of course your a good Dad otherwise I would have kicked you to the curb. He text back that he feels that sometimes he gets mad when our kids are just trying to be kids and doing kid things. I text back..they really suck sometimes and I know what your talking about....damn them for not acting like perfect adults. Then there is me. My thought about me is I would like to go to a celebrity rehab for thirty days. Not cause I have a drinking problem...I can fake it though. I want to go for the massages, meditation, and therapy. Then I want to come back and have a re-do with these kids!  Really who knew raising kids would be so hard. You not only have to feed them but you have to raise them to be good hearted, hardworking, acceptable adults. I guess what I'm trying to say is my biggest hope is my kids will end up healthy first of all. they will end up doing something in life that has meaning and makes them happy, and they will end up with someone who has their back and gives them joy. That is all I ask! I know they will endure disappointments, and heartache on their way. That is a part of life.  But I only hope they find something or someone who completes them. I'm getting a little too sappy for my taste so I will stop. I think I'm half way there living on a prayer. Thank you Bon Jovi for that! Again too tired to proof read! My blog is what it is. Think of all the bad writing as life. Not so perfect!

No comments: