Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Did you grow a set of brass balls??

It's Cole's first year in middle school. With the start of middle school he gained a pretty big TUDE as in attitude. He has an answer for everything, not always a good one either. He seems to think I'm running a fast food drive through car pool. He pushes the envelop an awful lot. He starts fights with his big brother constantly with his smart mouth. When Blake goes after him it's hard on me. Blake is bigger than me now so I have a very hard time getting him off of him. I have found myself hiding in my closet in tears because I'm at my wits end. He is giving me a big run for the money. I hope my parents are getting a giggle. I'm finally getting what they wished on me when I gave them trouble. I have found myself saying the same kind of things I used to hate when they would say them to me. Like..."I can't wait till you have your own kids". "I hope your kid does this to you". "I hope you have a rotten kid someday". I guess he will get it when he has his own children. I just laughed as I wrote that. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

This kid has been passionate right from the start. This passion has its positives and negatives for sure. With all this being said he is also an amazing kid. He is the only one of my boys that hugs me and tells me he loves me everyday. He always knows if something is wrong and tries to help. He is a good and loyal friend. As much as he pisses me off he makes me proud too. He has a very caring heart. Now I just need to put my fighting gloves on and kick this TUDE in the ass. Cause when Mama is mad no one is happy.

It seems every time I get in the car with him he expects me to stop for food or drinks somewhere. I picked him up yesterday from school. He gets in the car and immediately starts complaining that he is starving. I tell him he can have something to eat at home. He asks me ten more times to stop. His friend is in the car too. I keep saying "NO". Then he is talking to himself out loud. Saying things like..."I can't believe my mom wants to starve me" and "SO and so's Mom would stop and get food". I'm thinking in my head..."I'd like to drop kick your ass out of my car right now and leave you on the side of the road". I don't want CPS at my door though. This talking to himself goes on and on. I finally lose my shit and yell at him. His response..."Mom, why are you so mad, all I want is some food". Really???? Kid just doesn't get it. So we drop his friend off. As soon as he gets out of the car Cole starts up. He says.."Mom, you are so embarrassing, you yelled at me in front of my friend". He tells me the kid is going to go to school and tell everyone he has the worst mom ever. I look at him and say...If your going to be the worst kid ever then I'm going to be the worst mom ever. I tell him the faster he gets that through is brain the better off we will be. That is if you don't starve to death first!!!!!!!! He looks at me and says..."Are you trying to say you want me to starve to death?". At this point I don't know if I want to scream as loud as I can or cry. He always has to have the last word. My Dad used to say one of the things that drove him nuts about me was I always had to have the last word. He said no matter how much trouble I was in I would push the envelop every time. I get all my Dads frustrations with that now. I'm paying for my raising as the old asses like to say.

Tonight he was pushing the envelope with Hubs. Hubs looks over at him and says...."Cole, stop your giving me a headache". Cole looks at him and says...."Michael, your giving me a headache too". I'm on the sofa and my mouth kind of drops open. I can't believe what he just said. I look over at Hubs who's face is about as red as a tomato. He is about to blow!!!!! I'm just going to sit back and enjoy this show for sure. I almost feel guilty that I'm going to enjoy watching this kid get his ass handed to him. After Hubs sets him straight. I go into his room. I say..."Pull down your pants". He looks at me funny probably cause I'm not a spanker. He says..."Why????". I say "I want to check if you have grown a set of brass balls".  He looks at me confused obviously my smart ass remark is over his head. He is a work in progress for sure. I have confidence that this is a middle school faze. The thing is when your kid acts up it makes you feel like your failing as a parent. I love this kid with all my heart. I'm not going to let him down.

With my little rant about him I have to say all his teachers say he is amazing. I always hear what a great kid he is. He has great manors most of the time. I believe something happens to children when they get to middle school. It's almost like an evil twin tries to take over. It's my job as a parent to put the evil twin to rest. God give me strength. I am surprised it happened right out of the middle school gate with him. This didn't start with Blake till 8th. Guess Cole didn't learn from big brothers mistakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading that, I'm surprised you still have three children.

I'm older than you, which probably explains why I would never have thought about jumping on my little brothers like you say Blake does. My dad would have skinned me alive if I'd ever done that. Tell Blake that, with a four year age difference, he can get in real trouble. Instead, I found ways to get them without leaving a single bruise, like a thumb to the hinge of the jaw, right below the ear!

Chuck99