Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Cole show

Sometimes I think this kid should have his own reality show....Drama, Drama, Drama! He was at a sleepover last night. Thank you Jesus. So I took advantage and went out after Christmas shopping. I guess since I didn't get to go all out this year. I bought lots of 75 percent off Christmas stuff. I got home trying to hide it all from Hubs. He's having a fit because I want to put our new house in the Christmas house walk for charity next year. While I'm coming up with creative spots to hide Xmas crap I hear my phone start to buzz. It's Cole...

Cole....Mom can my friends spend the night. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. (Mind you he spent the night with them last night)
Me...Your Dad has to work, he will kill me. Aidan and his friend woke him up at 3am last night.
Cole...He is your husband what's he going to do hurt you? I don't think so.
Me....Awfully brave on your phone smart A.
Cole....Mom you always do this. You have to trust me on this one. We will be responsible and quiet. u don't understand that you always do this. U say my friends are over a lot They have not been over this whole year. Dad will not even know. (this one blows me away on so many levels. One is he crazy his friends are over a lot. I have done my fair share of sleepovers. Dad will never know....that's a good one.)
Me....No response.
Cole...HELLO, PLEASE...DID YOU FORGET YOU HAVE A SON? (UM, NO how could I)
ME....You just spent the night together, we can do it Saturday when Dad doesn't have to work in the AM.
Cole.....NO PLEASE, MOM, did you not read my text. U have turned into a mean mom. Now we don't like you as much cause all you do is say NO, NO, NO.
ME....Hey Brave texting boy, after that text you are grounded and your phone is mine...Dad is on the way to get you. Your play date just got cut short because of you.
Cole....MOM, PLEASE LET US SPEND THE NIGHT...(seriously?????)
Me...NO RESPONSE.

So I send Hubs to get him. I have his phone now and I'm reading all his messages. Thank God his are still really boring. So Hub's is over on the computer and I'm watching shit TV and scrolling the phone. Hubs says.."What are we doing for New Years?" I say.."No, definite plans, we have been invited a few places, maybe we should party hop". He says..."What about the kids?". I say "What about them?" He says..."Shouldn't we do something with them?" I say.."As in hang out with them New Years night". He says.."Yes" I ask..."Are you dying and you haven't told me yet?". I have truly never heard him say anything like this before about New Years. He says..No, but they are not going to want to hang with us much longer and I don't see them that much". I say.."Well I see them all the time and I'm alright with them not wanting to hang out much longer". He says.."No, really Kerry I'm being serious". I say.."I am too, we can see them another night". Remember I spend way too much time in the car with these kids. Now we have had kids for fifteen years, I can't remember ever really hanging with them on New Years. That an our anniversary are kid free nights. He says.."I'd really like to hang out with them this year". I say..."Yeah kiddie cocktails, lots of white noise, and I'm sure some fights we will be breaking up". I get it...He does have to work the next day.

Hubs is in bed now. Blake the not so charming prince is texting me from upstairs. He wants a ride to a friends house to stay over. It's 11:21. I text...NO! He text PLZ, PLZ. I'm not even responding. It's like they think I'm their personal limo driver. I already drove him and his girlfriend to the mall earlier today. That "I'm not going to take it" song is in my head. A teenager of the 80's I truly am. Cole walks up and wants to see my phone since his is gone. I ask for what. He says he wants to talk to the Siri lady. I give it to him for a minute. He's trying to get her to answer a football question. I guess he does not like the answer. He is seriously arguing with the iPhone lady. Saying things like "OH My Gosh, I told you that's not the answer I'm looking for" and "Your not hearing what I'm saying Siri". I finally tell him to give me the phone back because I'm tired of listening to him. He's like "but she's not giving me the right answer". I say.."I got that, but you realize your not arguing with a real person and she is obviously going to keep giving you that answer that is the way she is programed".  He's like.."What do you mean she's not a real person???". Then he says..."How does she talk then mom...duh...of course she is real". I think I may just have a cocktail tonight!!!!! I don't know why but after writing this one I feel the need to say...I do really love my kids that means Cole too. Even if I'm the mean Mom. You will not see me posting anything crazy on facebook like...."I really love having my kids home for Xmas break". Sometimes I roll my eyes at those post...mostly because of jealously. I want to be that mom. I'm sure I will feel that way when their in college or maybe if I take that Xanex the doctor gave me months ago. As of now a few hour break during the day from them helps me be a better mom.

1 comment:

Shari said...

I have been following your blog for about a year now. You have great humor and shed light on the true meaning of being a parent. They are wonderful human beings that make you want to pull your hair out and question why you chose to have kids....LOL I have a 1 year old girl and am sure I will be feeling the same way when the tween/teen age years come. I enjoy reading your honest and candid posts!