Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day is not all it's cracked up to be.

 The other day Pig Pen wanted to get a Valentine gift for his girlfriend. I said..."You have a girlfriend, who is she???". He tells me he can't tell me. I ask "why?". He says..."You will get on the phone and tell everyone you know and talk about how cute it is". I say.."I'm going to still get on the phone and talk about how cute it is". "Oh yes, and I will find out her name". He still won't tell me. So we go to Charming Charlie. I take him to the back of the store where they have the little girl jewelry. He's pretty picky. Tells me this stuff is for babies. I tell him it's for girls his age. He pokes around the whole store for a very long time. So long that I have even run out of stuff to look at. He carefully examines all the jewelry. He's drown to the one's that look like diamonds. I tell him to hurry up. He says..."This stuff looks cheap, can we go to a real jewelry store???".  I pretty much tell him there is no way in hell I'm buying this no name girl real jewelry. He finally settles on a pretty little neckless with two small circles hooked together that look like diamonds. He's pretty proud of his pick. We get in the car and pass a real jewelry store. He looks out the window and says.."That's where we should have gone". "Yea, Yea, nice try".  I tell him once he gets a real job he can buy real jewelry. Then he asks the sweetest thing. He says..."Mom do I say would you be my Valentine or just happy Valentine Day?". I tell him I think Happy Valentine's Day would be best. Thinking if he asked her to be his Valentine and she said no it would crush him.

So today I sent Aidan off with his Valentine cards and his gift for the girl. I went to his class party mid day. I asked him how the girl liked his gift. He shook his head and said she didn't show up to school. A little boy is standing next to us. He blurts out the girls name. Pig Pen looks at me fast to see if I have heard this boy. I look at him and say.."I told you I would find out who she is". He just smiles and shakes his head. I hope she is in school tomorrow cause I'm dying to live vicariously through young love.
 After the party I take Pig Pen home early. Hubs scheduled dentist appointments for all three kids today. Yes on Valentine Day! He's a true romantic. I get them all to the Dentist and spend two and a half hours in the waiting room. The whole time thinking this is not my idea of how my Valentines would be spent. After this I run and get the not so charming prince's girlfriend from school. Singing "On the road again" in my head. He is cooking her dinner at our house tonight. Now he has bought her real jewelry and a purse. See I'm doing something right with these boys. After dinner I take Cole my drama queen out to get some cowboy boots. He has a Valentine dance tomorrow.  We go into Cavender boot City. No relation there! I ask the lady where the kids boots are. She says.."What size shoe is he?". I say..."He's a 7and a half". She tells me he will be in the starting adult size boot. I immediately think shit these boots just went up at least 75 dollars. He looks at all the boots. He wants the ones that are 250. I say..."NO, way your feet are still growing". Then he wants the 200 dollar boots!!!!!!! Regretting this trip....I say.."NO way". Now the cheapest ones start at 150. They don't have his size in the ones he wants. We go to another boot store. They don't even have his size in stock there. I'm surprised since we are in Texas. Somehow before I know it I end up completely on the other side of town at another Cavender Boot City. Thank you God we find a pair there. So Valentine night I spent three hours boot shopping.

When we get home he tries on his whole outfit for the dance. He even styles his hair and puts cologne on. He's growing up so fast. After all this I could really use a beer and some housewives. But I gave up beer for Lent damn it! It's only day two. So I tell myself I'm pregnant and I don't want to get the baby buzzed!!!!!! I'm weird like that! Hubs and I decided we would not exchange this year since were building our dream house! He did come home with roses though!

So that last Ecard I came across on Facebook. I "googled" Vday to see the story of St Valentine. So Valentine Day is supposed to be about love and romance. The story goes there was an emperor named Chaudias. He believed that un married soldiers fought better. He outlawed young men from marrying. Valentine thought this was an injustice. He continued to marry young people in secret. When he was caught he was imprisoned, stoned, and eventually beheaded. He was beheaded on February 14th. I don't know about you but that story oozes romance. Happy Valentine Day...I hope no one felt like beheading anyone today!!!!!!!!!
I laughed out loud about this last card........can you imagine????????? Perfect end to my Vday...I just pulled up my e-mail. There was an E-mail for me from SeniorPeopleMeet.com....Priceless!!!!!!

No comments: