Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I hope my people can survive 40 days.

So Lent has rolled around once again. Lent for catholics is like a re do for the New Years resolution you messed up. I've been thinking what to give up for Lent. Exercise, laundry, eating veggies everyday, sex, or driving people around come to mind. Then I think God would not like that. Your supposed to give up something that will be hard for you to do. I think maybe Dr Pepper. Maybe cheeseburgers. Maybe TV. Then I think Helz NO on the TV. The bad thing about Lent is it's 40 days. 40 days is a long time. If Lent lasted just a few days it would be so much better. I settle on beer. I'm an Irish catholic girl who really enjoys cold beer. I get it from my Dad. So tonight is my first night. Even though I would not normally have a beer on a Wednesday night I really want one. This is the story of my life. If I'm not supposed to do something it makes me want to do it more. I know that's very childish and immature. I wish my mind was on my side instead of working against me. The beer is calling my name from the fridge...."Drink me, Drink me....Kerry". I hate that damn beer and wish it would shut up. While I'm writing this I'm picturing beers dancing around me and they look like their having fun. Hubs is not catholic and he doesn't get some of the catholic traditions. I tell him I'm going to give up beer for 40 days. He's like "NOOOOOOO your so much nicer on beer". I hope my people can survive these 40 days. I don't ever really remember making it through Lent in the past. I'm a bad catholic and I'm not proud. I'm just going to pretend I'm pregnant. I've told a couple people about what I'm giving up. They all seem to have the same reaction. They laugh and then they say..."Really???". I'm going to just start telling people I'm pregnant. They will say..."Really???". I will say.."Yes, that's what I'm telling myself....SHHHH".


No comments: