Wednesday, February 13, 2013

No body is going to take away my sparkle

So yesterday I celebrated my 33rd well maybe 43rd birthday. Hubs got the kids up and got them to school. This is a great birthday present in my mind. It's funny cause my phone buzzed and it was two of my friends kids wishing me a happy bday. Girls of course...this is why I wanted girls. Then my phone buzzed again and it was the not so charming prince. He was buzzing me from school telling me he felt like crap. I texted back and said it's my bday so don't rain on my parade. He text back and says....It's actually raining outside do you know that??? I text back...Ha Ha...I learned that Ha Ha thing from reading all his text. Ha Ha is a big word in the world of text. Then he finally text back..."Happy bday mom, your the best mom in the world". This just melted my heart. When you have a teenager they don't say things like this much. They are usually asking for something or to be driven somewhere. So then he text again..."My allergies are killing me any chance you will come get me?". I text back..."Unless your puking, have fever, or feel like your dying no chance". He never sent a text back.

I got taken to lunch by some very good friends. When your married and raising kids your friends become really important to you. They make you feel sane even when you are thinking insane things. I'm blessed to have such great girlfriends. They get my through the tough times and the good times. They just make everything better. I sound like a frickin hallmark card. We laughed and ate good food, even got dessert. They gave me some very thoughtful gifts. It's funny cause I open one gift. It was a very funny cookbook, bracelets, and earrings. Then she says..."Those earrings I actually bought for myself and they accidentally ended up in your bag". We laughed about it. The reason I'm telling this story is because I love that I have that friend. The kind of friend that something like that happens and she tells me and we laugh about it. Not the kind that would stress about giving me those earrings cause she couldn't tell me those were really for her. Then she would be pissed every time she saw me in them. Don't think I won't tease her when she wears my-her earrings.

So back to reality. After lunch I pick up pig pen and get him to soccer. After that I run to the middle school to pick up Drama queen from detention. Now he really didn't deserve this detention but it is what it is. I'm not that parent either. Not the one who thinks my kid is always right. In this case drama had done bad on a test. He was so upset because he studied so hard for it. He went to school the next day to retake it. He got caught using his phone to call Hubs to tell him he passed. They gave him detention for being on his phone. I did have to have a talk with him about rules are rules even if your not trying to be bad while breaking them.  When I get there he is standing with another boy. He gets in the car and says.."Do you think you can take that kid home?". I say.."I don't even know him where are his parents and aren't they picking him up?". A valid question right? He told me he didn't have a phone to call them. So I asked where he lived and took him home. While driving I couldn't help wondering why this kid was not being picked up an hour after school got out. So I asked the kid how he would have gotten home if I didn't drive him. He told me he didn't know cause he didn't have a phone to call his parents to tell him he had to stay after. I ask if he wants to use my phone to let them know where he is. He declines. This just bothers me. It was cold and about to be dark. So we pull up to his house. I say "Do you want me to come to the door with you to tell your parents I drove you home?'. He says..."No I don't think their here". I can't get this kid out of my head. I asked Cole about him after we dropped him off. He tells me he is supposed to be in 8th grade but is in 6th. I'm thankful that Cole had compassion for him and realized he needed a ride.

So we get home. Cole needs to go to basketball practice. Before that Hubs comes in with a cake for my bday and cards. Aidan...aka...Pig Pen has a permanent smile on his face. He is my one kid who loves birthdays! After we blow out candles Hubs says.."Your gift is to go have all that stuff done to your face that you complain about". I say.."botox?". Now Hubs has always said I don't need that. He says..Yes, botox, fillers, what ever you want". I say.."So you think I need them?". He says.."No but your always bitching your going to be the only wrinkled one left of your friends". I say.."You think I'm wrinkled?". He rolls his eyes and says "I just can't win with you". Truth is I bitch like a mother fucker but that shit really does scare me even if it makes you look better. I'm on the fence on having this done. My fear is vanity will get the worst of me and I will look crazy. I'll get those spock eyes. Damn it...who came out with this shit anyway???? If it wasn't available we would just age naturally.


So Pig Pen and I settled in for the bachelor. We both laughed out loud about the girl who said "No one is going to take away my sparkle". Blake and his friend across the street were watching with us too. I told them to stay away from drama queens like her. They laugh. Pig Pen is still upset that the bachelor got rid of the armless girl. I swear when my kids piss me off I'm going to say "No one is going to take away my sparkle". It's may favorite new line. So on a final note the funniest part of my night was when someone said...."Do you know why I would have corn in my shit if I haven't eaten corn?".  I had no good answer for that! So I say "No one is going to take away my sparkle".


No comments: