Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Holy shit it's a big job to raise kids!

 Since we signed all the final pricing on our house my head is spinning. Spinning with ideas. Paint colors, furniture ideas, and doors! I think your front door is very important. It is the gateway into your home. I feel it should make a statement and be inviting. I love the doors in this picture! Would it be weird if I knocked on these people's door and asked where they got them????? The builder gave me a 2500 dollar budget to find my own door. I searched on line for some doors that looked like these. I found a site that had doors that looked a lot like these. I emailed them for a quote. I nice lady ended up calling me back. She was going on and on about how their doors were like a piece of furniture. They were made of mahogany and could not be painted. Now I want red doors but I asked for a price to get an idea. So the doors were 7500.00. I guess they are like a very nice very expensive piece of furniture. I almost fell off my chair. I sure hope I can find something similar for 2500.00. I want to put most of my budget into the kitchen. I feel your kitchen is the heart of your home. It is where we spend a lot of our time. Even at gatherings I feel we somehow land in the kitchen. My kitchen is going to be amazing. I can't wait to cook and entertain in it. I had a really hard time talking Hubs into a commercial grade oven. I promised him lots of great meals and other things too. Hey Universe,  an un godly amount of money is coming my way...DO YOU HEAR ME?????
 While my parents were here we went out to see our lot. We brought everyone including worlds greatest dog ever. Ziggy tried to make friends with the new dog neighbor. I think this dog was trying to tell him this is his hood and might have shit in his face! Ziggy took a sniff and walked away. I see them being great friends in our future. If you can't shit in front of yours closest friends who can you shit in front of???? I could say something now about shit but I do have a filter.
 So Ella who I crazy love looks just like the not so charming prince. Every time I see her she reminds me of him at her age. They seriously look more alike than Blake and his brothers. It's weird to me. Since I don't think they look like my sister or me. Somewhere in our family tree there most have been some beautiful blonde blue eyed people. I always wanted to be a beautiful blue eyed babe. Seeing her reminds me of how fast the years went with him. Lighting fast, it's sad to me that I have embarked on his final years with me. I love him to death and really want him in my house forever. I think the harest thing for a mother is to let their child turn into an adult. Now he has a man voice that I'm still trying to get used to. Sometimes when I call him I think he is Hubs because I'm having a hard time parting with his sweet baby voice. I wish life didn't go so fast. I wish I would have enjoyed his younger years more. In a perfect world we would be able to freeze time and really enjoy those years instead of being a sleep deprived zombie that just wants them to age. I wish I could go back and really take those toddler years in and enjoy them. It's a sad we don't age in reverse. Now I have this teenager that I'm trying to school on how to be a respectable, responsible, adult. I worry about him so much. I want to shelter him from everything but I know I need to let go and let him make mistakes. I forget that we learn from mistakes and those mistakes help us be who we are supposed to be. He often thinks I have no idea what I'm talking about. He rarely wants to just hang out with me. His friends and his girlfriend are front and center now. I who used to be the most important person in his life has taken the back seat. It makes me sad. I worry I have done my job half ass and I hope like hell that hears at least half of what I say. I know a lot of this blog is complaining about my kids and hubs. I really think this kid showed me I could love someone unconditionally. I think he is one of the three best things I ever did in my life.
So here is picture of my parents with my kids and niece in front of our lot. Is it weird that I wish we all lived together???? I love when my parents are here. They make everything alright for me. Note...when I say live together I mean they have their own house a few doors down. I got my Dad a Nutri bullet for Xmas. I'm happy to say I hit the nail on head. He loves it and has used it every day. I'm still using mine! Feeling healthily than ever. So on a strange note when my mom was here she who loves shit TV as much as me and told me about the HBO show "GIRLS". I watched on demand "Girls" all day Saturday.
I'm hooked! The sad thing is the girl who is not in shape gets totally naked in this. She has huge confidence being naked with a little fat. I found myself wondering if I looked like that naked. So I got a mirror to look at myself from behind naked. I have not done that in years since I'm an ignorance is bliss girl. I was happy to report I'm not as bad as I thought....but I have some work ahead of me for sure. Zumba...crazy love it! Everyone should do it!!!! Anyway I watched Tim McGraw on Ellen today and  he said he didn't have underwear on it kind of got me. How the hell does he look so good at his age?????

Hubs is gone and I'm watching shit TV like a rock star....he is not walking by saying.."Why do you watch this shit??". I'm in happy as a clam now. But I'm super proud of him! He is at his company meeting. He won three awards! Like I said super proud of him. I love that he is bringing home the bacon! I kinda love bacon! Even if he wants me to get a non paying job! Love you Hubs! You turned out to be a rock star!






No comments: