Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Someone in the house is color blind

 While trying to build my-our dream house I have been saving pictures of different color combos. This was one I liked. Hubs says "why did you save that house picture on the computer"? I say "I like the colors on that house". I'm between this and a red, black, and cream combo. Hubs says he likes the brown roof on the picture above. I think he's kidding because it's clearly gray. I tell him it's GRAY. He is arguing with me as if I'm crazy. He is so convincing I start to second guess myself. Pig Pen is sitting here with us. So I ask Pig Pen what he thinks. Since he is a pleaser he says..."It's a brown roof that looks a little gray".  Have you ever seen a brown roof that looks gray??? I say.."tell the truth so your nose doesn't get any bigger". He sticks with his brown roof that looks gray. Makes no sense right!!!!! So I call Cole in. I ask him what the color of the roof is. He says.."Gray". I say..."HaHa, it's gray", as if I needed Cole to confirm that. Hubs still argues. I call The not so Charming Prince down. He says.."Gray". I say..."Someone in the house must be color blind and it's not me".

I'm between these two color combinations still. Any input would help. Please only people who see a gray roof need to reply. If I had unlimited funds I would buy a big piece of land. I would put two houses on it. One in each color combo. I would live in one and these people I live with would be in the other. We would be neighbors. I get excited typing that.

After all this Cole walks up to me and asks me to put the code in his phone to get a game. I tell him Dad changed the code and I no longer have it. He asks Hubs for the code. Hubs denies his request. He gets mad. Hubs and I are on the sofa together. Cole gives me a huge hug, tells me he loves me, and kisses me goodnight. Then he just stares at Hubs. He walks away and Hubs and I burst into laughter. I say.."He got you". So Hubs yells.."Goodnight, Cole". Silence...crickets...nothing! We laugh again.

So I'm asking for help on two things tonight. Which color combo do you like????? Next I need a good nickname for Cole. I'm not happy with "Drama" even though he is soooooo dramatic. Hubs thinks we should call him.."FO" for freak out. I don't love that one either. I'm pretty happy with Aidan...aka..Pig Pen and Blake...aka...the not so charming Prince's names. I have never liked Cole's nickname though. Any suggestions would be great.

2 comments:

Chad said...

I think I'll have to go with the brown (if only cause it will drive you crazy)
No, really i think the lighting is making that brown roof look charcoal

Anonymous said...

Well, if Cole had grown up with me, my dad would have called him 'asking for it', but that's a little long for a nickname.

Chuck99