Wednesday, December 29, 2010

X-mas comes and goes!

X-mas eve we have a family party at Hub's Mom's house, otherwise known as MiMi. Cole is once again the entertainer. Now in this group there are a few of us that like to be the center of attention. He definitely has a run for the money. In my opinion he out entertains all of us.

The kids can't wait to open up their gifts. Me I'm just scared for the day Hub's gets the credit card bill.


My niece loves Justin Bieber. My boys say he is gay. Me I say they are jealous.




"Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight" There it is......someone finally caught the God awful drunk dance on film. Ya know the one where your hands always end up above your head. You really do think you look good. That is until you see the pictures the next day. The cheezy ass grin tops it off for me.


We lost my Father in law five years ago to cancer. MiMi had a tree planted in the yard in his honor. Every year on X-mas eve we wrap the tree with lights. The first year we did it the night was really windy. Later in the night the wind had blown the lights in the shape of an angel. It was one of those times where you get chills down your spine. He loved spending X-mas with all of us. It was always so much fun with him. We still have a great time together but it's just not the same. Those days are some really great memories for me. We miss him all the time but especially at this time of the year. What I miss most is after the gift opening we would always have a big karaoke sing along. The man could rock the house out! He was a force to be reckoned with. He was a great person to go to when you had a problem. He always had a good answer. He always knew when to call and check on you. There have been many times I wish I could pick up a phone and call him. He is missed everyday. I know he would be proud of all my boys and his Granddaughter. I do believe he looks over us from above.

Even though we did Santa early, I saved the stockings for X-mas morning at MiMi's. Aidan got up before all of us to dig through his loot. This is a big NO, NO, in my house. They know good and well to get Mom and Dad up before they check. He's not too smart, when I was a kid, I would dig and check and then put everything back in it's place before I woke the folks up. I want to barf when I ask Aidan if he liked what he got. He tells me he is OVER "WEBKINZ"! Really dude????? This is what you asked for one week before X-mas! Who can keep up. I want to yell at the top of my lungs....I'm Santa, and you are hurting my feelings. I hold back of course, all in my head! Just like most things I think.
Cole is happy as a clam with his stuff. This has not always been the case with him. We have had some tearful X-mas mornings when he was not happy that he did not get what Blake got. I'm just happy that someone likes what I got for them. This did once again cost me some great boots.

Oh. totally forgot Hub's lifetime friend stopped by on X-mas eve. I won't say much except Hub's may just have turned into the drunk that stole X-mas. Great seeing our friend of course.

Me at this point likes the dog more than anyone. That is mostly because he can't speak. Not to mention he is always happy to see me!

It was great to spend X-mas with family. We had such a great time. I think the boys only broke two things in MiMi's house this visit! My niece Lexi is a doll. I tried to trade but I was shot down right away! Please God give me some Granddaughters some day. Not to fast of course.
Anywho, Cole kind of wins out as best X-mas child this year. I'm just amazed at how fast it comes and goes.

No comments: