Wednesday, December 22, 2010

X-mas early

So Sunday night we opened one X-mas gift each. We started this tradition when we moved to Austin three years ago. Since we no longer spend X-mas eve or X-mas day at our house. I want my children to remember opening gifts under their tree. Especially since it's such a pain in the ass to decorate. I actually like it better this way, I think the Jewish were on to something with Hanukkah. The kids appreciate the gifts more. Instead of mowing through a bunch at once with paper flying everywhere and people not even knowing what they got because it's on to the next! They actually enjoy their gifts and play with them for one full day.

Aidan gets one of those titanium necklaces, because Blake has one and Blake is his idol. It's cute and all that he looks up to his big brother, but damn I really don't enjoy having to dress a seven year old in Abecrombie and hundred dollar shoes. Not to mention that forty dollar necklace. This for me just means less expensive boots for me.
Cole waits very nicely while Aidan opens his gift. He kind of gets the shaft since Aidan is the baby he gets to go first a lot.

This picture cracks me up because at this point the gift is a brown box! What's with the excitement in the eyes....it could be a box of rocks for all he knows. I love that he is just excited to be getting something. These are the times I think to myself....see I can't be that bad.

So Cole being the Cowboys fan he is got a Jersey with his name on the back. Just another thing that Blake got before him and he has wanted since. See here we have another fan of Blake. This again just costs me more money!


So Mom.....aka....Debbie is in town. I'm so glad she got to come and spend this special time with us. She wanted to get on my blog while she was here. Since she's not so computer savvy I don't really worry about her getting on here. The relatives have done a good job of keeping my shit talking on the down low! I think....SHIT, I have kind of poked a little fun at her on here. She reads it and says it's pretty funny. I think....wow I'm in the clear. HELLO, Of course I'm not in the clear! After a Cozmo, Deb tells me she would like me to retract a statement from one of my entries. Me, I'm thinking which one????? In my Chicago entry I said she likes to pay full price for things because she knows they are quality then. She informed me that she does not like to pay full price and she in fact likes a deal. What she doesn't like is a "knock off" like twisted sister and I! The problem is when she finds a deal she gets one in every color and spends more money.
So this night I made the mistake of leaving facebook up on the computer. I tell Debbie I'm going up to put the kids to bed. She says she is going to bed too. This always takes longer than I think. When I come down everything is silent. I come down to find Deb sitting in front of my computer. I know right away this can't be good. She looks guilty as hell when I ask what she's doing. What she is doing is hijacking my facebook page. My twisted sister wrote on my wall....how did you blog with Debbie there.... is she in bed????? Debbie replies.....Mommy Dearest is putting her kids to bed and this is Debbie!
So while Debbie was visiting my Dad....ake...Grump went out and got himself a fast laptop! My twisted sister's brother in law who is super computer savvy put a shortcut on there to my blog and my sisters. Now Debbie scares me and she can put my ass in dust with her smart ass comments. I may have to tone things down in fear she will out do me! BTW, Debbie
I love you!

No comments: