Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I think I can, I think I can!

The week before the kids get out of school for X-mas break is always a cluster puck. Today I had to go to a forth grade field trip even though I had a million things to do. If ya miss one of these and your pretty close to stay at home Mom you never hear the end of it. What the child does not get is when it falls this close to X-mas it may mean one less X-mas gift. Less time for shopping for sure. As I am writing this I have an "Ahhh Haaa" moment of one less gift doesn't matter, it's the time you spend with your child that they will remember. See I'm really not that bad.







The field trip ended up not being that bad. Some are really for the birds. I really enjoyed myself on this one. It was cute to hear Cole yell.....hey Mom look at this. After since I drove with my friend Ashley and we were one exit away from the outlet mall we of course got an hour in a half of shopping in.




Last night I scrambled to get a X-mas card done. I ordered it at Cost Co since they can get them back to you by noon the next day. I got a call that they were running behind and it would be more like seven. That's alright, I'm a night owl and I can still get them out by the AM. I drive up there after dinner, which is not around the corner. Everything is far here in LaLa land. When I get there the line is ten people deep to pick up pictures. The girl gets to me and then tells me my order will not be ready till late afternoon tomorrow. I politely ask her why no one called to tell me. She says's...we are so behind that we could not call everyone. I then say.....ya know I drove 20 minutes up here because ya all called me to say they would be ready after seven. She looks at me as if she could give a rats ass and pretty much shrugs her shoulders. I get it, she could really give a shit that I'm put out, this is just how things are now. I could go off but it will get me no where with her. She will just be hanging with some friends after this telling them the story of the crazy mad lady that went off over pictures. So I leave, without a crazy scene. I call Hub's, at least that's who I think I dialed. I yell into the phone....I'm soooooo PUCKING mad right now! Then this voice who is not at all Hub's says........IS this Kerry????? I have that moment you have as a kid when your about to get in trouble. That hot feeling that comes over you with that sick feeling in your tummy. I called my Dad....aka....Grumps. Now my Dad is from the Old School where he thinks a girl should never use the F word. I guess that's why I like it so much, I am a sucker for trying to take things to the extreme that people don't want me to do. He says....who are you talking to this way, cause I know it ain't me. I tell him I meant to call Hub's! He is like....you talk to your husband that way???? I say.....well not all the time but I was really mad. He tells me he is surprised to hear me speak this way. That is like a dagger since I have snowed this Grump to the evil side of me most of my forty years. It's almost like the UNIVERSE gave me the big Puck you again! Maybe it's mad because I have talked so badly about it! I'm here to say I love the UNIVERSE and am thankful to be in it! Not damn it, let me win a lot of money!

While at the field trip today, I find out from the teacher that Cole and his friend have a project due this week. Now I thought this project was due in January when they come back from school. This is just what I need. My shit list is already too much to handle. I call the other Mom and she is just as put out as I am. What do we do?????....We put on those super girl capes and get this shitz done! They have to make and ethnic dish for the class to share. Now we make some kind of Oneida tribe soup. By the way it taste like garbage, but at least we have gotten it done. Why they put these "Mom you have a project" on us the week before X-mas break I do not get.






Anywho back to shopping at Cost Co. Since I am out and about trying to get my X-mas cards, I decide to go to the grocery store to waste time so these people will be fast asleep when I get home. Since the economy is bad I'm doing baked goods for all my friends. After I'm at the check out I realize I really could have gotten everyone a twenty dollar restaurant card and be done with it. When did bake goods become soooo expensive!






I get home and this time everyone is in bed, Thank God. I start to make some baked goods. Now a baker I'm not so this should be interesting. I can cook a delicious meal but when it comes to baking I have lost it. While at Pottery barn outlet today I find myself attracted to the great bundt pans. I hope these cakes turn out well! I'm of course doing laundry in between putting stuff in the oven. It's alright to refer to me as super girl. I don't mind at all.



Lessons of my day.....Take time to do the things with your child that you really don't want to be bothered with. They usually turn out better than you think.

Be careful of those Iphones. They can easily dial the wrong person. Not to mention I have done my share of butt dialing on them. Usually I'm yelling at my kids or I am singing obnoxiously at the top of my lungs in my car.

Last but not least .......I am not a baker.....step away from the oven! I did manage to make some pretzels with Rollo's and a nut on top. Thank God for small miracles.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm totally dad's favorite for sure now!!!