Sunday, December 5, 2010

A day in Chicago

It's been a few days since my last entry. I haven't been feeling it if you know what I mean. I have been down about my Grandma and just haven't really felt like writing.



After Grandma's funeral we stayed an extra day in Chicago. My twisted sister had the idea for all of us to head downtown. Me I would have been fine in the warm house watching TV. I'm not used to that cold weather anymore.


Of course we come from the family of ass dragers so we don't get going till after noon. A morning gal I will NEVER be and I'm alright with that.



This is little jerk that stole the Grump from me. I think I will write a children's book about her and title it.....The Grinch who stole my Grumps. He doesn't even know I'm in the room when she is around. I'm not used to being ignored for God's sake. He's always talking to her and trying to get her attention. I could say....hey Grump I'm leaving these people I live with to run off with my Vampire and he would say "that's nice". Bullshit I say! If she wasn't so damn cute I would totally take her down. I will get you back someday Grump and I bet it's when she hits the terrible twos. Grumps has zero tolerance for bad babies. That is how he got his nickname.


Here's another one blinded by the little jerks charm. Cole is like the baby whisper. Kids love him and he is so good with them. I bet he will make a great Father some day. SIDE NOTE.....I'm writing my blog right now and Hub's is watching Pearl Harbor for the 500th time I shit you not! So I'm sitting here and I can pretty much quote the movie word for word and I'm not even looking at the TV. I'm sick of him hogging my TV, especially when he is watching the same shit over and over. Now Aidan is in my face telling me I would get into a lot of trouble if I were in school. I say why??? He says because you are typing with one hand. I tell him that's how I roll and to take a hike.
Were finally ready to roll downtown. Mom....aka...Debbie Downer does her normal ritual before we leave the house. She drags her ass upstairs while we all wait ready to go. She checks and double checks to make sure the doors and windows are locked. She asks Grumps a few silly questions. She gets out a big ass box of gloves and hats so the kids can have a fashion show while trying to decide on one. You think she would have learned by now hand them a hat and a pair of gloves and be on your way. Oh wait she has more hats upstairs so she goes to get those as well. I guess the twenty hats on the table were not enough to pick from. We are finally all suited up and she has to use the restroom now! I just laugh as Grumps rolls his eyes.....for this is the story of his life.
We drive to the L train to go downtown. Grumps and Debbie are like the blind leading the blind trying to figure out the ticket situation. They have to call the L lady over for help. They look like total tourist. No one would ever believe that they both grew up in the city.

Aidan says....We don't see our breath where we come from! Thank God for small things. All you Cub fan readers who are criticizing his Sox hat right now.....you can Suck it! Grumps is the only one in his big family who is a Sox fan. We are trying to win him back from the little jerk by making him happy with our Sox apparel. The little Jerks Dad is a huge Cubs fan so she will never sport anything that says SOX. One point for the Cavender clan on that one.


We get downtown and we go to see the giant tree at Macy's. This to me will always be the giant tree at Marshal Fields because that's what it was when I was a kid. I used to go downtown with my Mom and her Mom to see Santa and eat under the tree. I remember thinking this tree was so giant and beautiful. It still is giant and beautiful. It brings back many memories for me. For this is when I learned to shop like a rock star with Debbie.

Of course we have to see Santa. Believe it or not we got right in! NO line, I can't believe it. I remember being a kid and waiting in the long Santa line for EVER.....What has happened???


The boys always love shopping with Debbie because she loves to buy shit and always cracks under pressure. They know they are going to break her down and go home with some useless crap. Now me as much as I like to shop, I also like a deal. I rarely pay full price for anything. Debbie is another animal she likes to pay full price because she says she knows quality then.

We go to eat under the tree at Macy's. No Line! I remember waiting forever to eat at that restaurant as a kid. Maybe it's because it's Tuesday. They have this girl dressed up as a princess going to the table sprinkling the kids with magic dust. I look over at twisted sister and say she looks anorexic. Twisted Sister says to me she looks like a ghost because she is not only skeleton like but she is also white as a dead person. The little Jerk looks at her and offers her the roll she's eating and says eat bitch please. Now this is in no way making fun of people with eating disorders...just sayin.

Cole just loves Grumps.....I really don't know why! I guess he doesn't get that we have all become shit since little jerk arrived.


Check out the girl behind us.......her hand looks odd.

We ask the waitress to get a picture of all of us under the tree. Here we are but I really don't see the tree in the background.
The baby whisper helps Ella get bundled up for the super cold weather in Chicago. Notice there are smurfs in the background. Note to self....hold on to your shit everything seems to resurface some day. I may get rich off something. There are many things I wish I had held on to.
I love this picture. The tree was amazing. I'm so glad the twisted one talked me into going downtown instead of TV. Side note Hub's is still watching Pearl Harbor......as if he is in the theater. I want to yell turn that shit down I can't concentrate. I totally blame any bad grammar, run on sentences, and to and too puck ups on him tonight.

We head out of Macy's to the cold as shit streets of Chicago. It is a beautiful city, especially at Christmas.
We are checking out the Macy's windows. Now I'm a bit disappointed they are not as elaborate as they used to be. Bad economy...Puck u! The twisted one of course has to act like she's picking poor Virginia's nose. I see therapy in her future. Maybe we could get a family rate.
Now of course I need to get in on the action. I think I will put bunny ears over Virginia's head. As you can see the twisted one did not direct me correctly. I did a much better job directing her nose picking picture.

We head over to the Kris Kringle market downtown to do some shopping. Poor Ella is cold as shit.
For Gods Sake, even the pigeons are cold in Chicago. We really do laugh our asses off over the pigeons warming their feathers downtown.

This is the famous "BEAN" that reflects the city.

This is the beautiful tree at the Kris Kringle market. LOL, just googled "Kris Kringle" to make sure I was spelling it right.
While at the Kris Kringle market the twisted one got this cow hat. I see this as a cry for help. She might as well have a giant sign over her head that says.....LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME! She is a bit of an attention whore. BTW, she learned everything from me. Though I would not sport a cow hat in fear that someone would say MOO! I think I might crumble.

AWWWWW, ice skating downtown, never did it but it looks like a lot of fun.

The city is just beautiful but cold as shit! So ready to get back to 80 degree weather in Austin.
While visiting the BEAN we come across this. Ellen, Ellen DeGeneres that is, is filming the worst X-mas sweater ever show. In my perfect world I would be the next Ellen minus the lesbian, I would be the Ellen with the half dead billionaire with the hootie on the side...just sayin! Twister sister and me run to see what all the excitement is about. Now I'm a HUGE Ellen fan. Twisted sister and I went as Ellen and Porsha for Halloween. We so wish we would have known this was going on because we would have won this shit! Anywho we watch and laugh. There were some great BAD X-mas outfits. This goes back to me sayin hold on to your shit! I supported some God awful X-mas sweaters in my day.

Now Twisty and me can spot a hottie a mile away. She looks at me and says....look at that guy! I say yeah I already have spotted him. She says get a picture. I say already got it. Sad thing is he looks GAY! Damn it all the super hot ones are GAY.

Look at the little jerk trying to get that "hey look at me hat". I really might take her down. Cute and all I'm just plain fed up. Give us a little you little jerk!

Ok so the little jerk is so amazingly beautiful, I will give her that! I can't stop taking pictures of her.
Damn it, if she can't sport some X-mas PJ's like a rock star.

The day we are getting to leave Chicago it is snowing, The little guys are super excited since they rarely see snow.

This is the picture we took as we were getting in the car ready to go to the airport. SNOW....Awww glad I'm leaving it...them not so much.

Thoughts of my day..........Thinking I'm going to go on Craig's list tommorow and look for a pop up camper. I will park it in the backyard with a TV and a Laptop and live happily ever after. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes, I'm to tired to proof read.....I blame Hub's anyway! I was on FB today which to me has become pretty boring, I was tempted to comment GAG on a few peoples status updates, but then I realized I'm feeling like a downer because of Grandma and I should not be an asshole because of it!

No comments: