Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More X-mas

Today I spent the day out doing my last minute shopping. The traffic is horrible and people are cranky. It's X-mas time we should all be happy.

While out I run into Game Stop. I'm behind this lady who has her middle school child with her. The guy ringing her up asks her if she knows about the violence and the language in this game. I see her get uncomfortable and then she starts to try to explain herself. The guy doesn't care, they have to say that crap it's part of their job description. I want to say.....Hey lady don't worry were all lazy parents who have given into our know it all children. So we might have an abundance of violent children with fowl mouths in a few years, it's not our fault it's the game peoples fault. I'm next and the guy asks me what age I'm buying my game for. I totally lie and say it's for my thirty year old brother. Then I have to add in my two cents by saying....I can't believe parents allow their children to play this crap. WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO??????
.
Blake gets a Ipod dock so he can stop stealing ours! This was my deal of the year. I got it months ago when Target was closing them out. Damn thing was $125.00 and I got it for $29.00 dollars. I love a deal.
Cole is busy at the kitchen table trying to put his Lego's together. This last about ten minutes before he is bored. Guess who finishes this project??? You guessed it.....Mom of the year. A girls job is never done.
There are these guys in our neighborhood that fly remote control planes. Aidan loves to watch them fly these suckers. He always comes home and "Googles" the planes. Of course one of these is on the dreaded Xmas list. These aren't cheap and there not really for kids either. I search on line for a deal. No deal to be found. I go to a Hobby shop in town and find one on the clearance isle. He is so excited when he gets it. But then he says something like this is not the one I asked for though. I really want to slap him about now. Hub's really wants to slap me about now because it's a pain in the ass to put together. I see now why it was on clearance, I believe it's something the hobby shop found in it's warehouse. It must have been hidden behind something for years since the instructional video is VHS. I don't have a VHS, what am I going to do with this. We will never be able to fly this! You know that saying..."To good to be true". It usually means it is.
Hub's passes me in the hallway and quietly says....YOU SUCK. I think to myself so do you! He was a trooper putting the 1980 plane together. Now we will see if he can figure out how to fly this sucker. And I wonder why people are so cranky at X-mas. The older I get the more I get it.
Like that grin on Hubby's face..........PRICELESS. The Joy of Christmas!

No comments: