Monday, December 13, 2010

Twas the week before X-mas vacation and I'm already stressed out.

I had a fun filled weekend. But damn it ended fast. Friday night we had our annual girls X-mas party. We exchange gifts, drink, and eat! I got these religious candles and by God if I don't have the one lit right now for lost souls. I'm hoping that God will here my prayer. Now what happens at the party stays at the party, which is really too bad. It would be some great blog material. Lets just say my friends house was the equivalent to a frat house party the next day....nuff said!
Saturday night we had a 40th birthday party. The guest of honor tied one on way too quick. We all had fun taking crazy pictures with these life size posters his BFF blew up. Can't blog about this either. I want to keep my friends. I wish I could post those pictures, they are way more entertaining than these people I live with ones.

Monday I still don't have a picture for my Christmas card. The boys and me head out about twenty minutes late for the good lighting. I can't do a thing about it I got to get these suckers out. Looking at the above picture you can see where this is going!
Out of all three of my boys Cole is my picture rock star. I always know I will get a good shot of him. Thinking I should have got him into modeling and paid for his college that way and a pair of boots of course. Do you think people would notice if he was the only one in the X-mas card??? All that runs through my head right now is.....Lets give them something to talk about!
Not bad, not great, but I tired and I'm clearly out of time. This whole photo shoot was pure hell to me. Next year I think I'm going to spring for the outside party to take these pictures.
We get home from the God awful photo shoot and I start to try to edit the pictures on Picnik. Picnik is the best photo editing program I have come across, mostly because it's for dummies. The problem is it is slow as shit on my computer. So here I am about to throw my slow ass computer across the room. Cole is doing his homework next to me. He always needs a lot of help but tonight he is on his own. I'm so in La La land trying to mess with pictures. I'm not paying attention to anything going on in the room. We have a large island in the kitchen that we all work at. I look down and Cole is laying on the floor flat on his tummy pulling himself around the island with his arms moaning as if he is dying. I really want to kick him when he drags by me but I ask him to get up and do his homework. He tells me he is an army guy and he has been shot. All that's going through my head is.....are you pucking kidding me??? What could have taken Cole twenty minutes now takes him at least an hour. Homework is for the birds....it's taking years off my life!

I get the little guys to bed they are finally sleeping in the own rooms. They have slept in Aidan's room since we have moved here. This has good and bad benefits for me. The good is they fall asleep right away. The bad is I now have another set of sheets to do each week not to mention when Hub's is snoring like a freight train I have no where to go but the sofa.
Now I go back down and Blake who swore up and down he was ready for his finals is down stairs studying. Hub's decides to test him. He is not as ready as we would like. Damn it UNIVERSE I want those kids who really want an "A "on their finals. We end up getting in a little fight. He tells me I think he is stupid. NO, Honey I'm the stupid one for believing you when you said you were ready. I don't say that of course but DAMN a girls work is never done around here. How can I be mad????? He is me for sure. Here I am scrambling to get out X-mas cards. I haven't bought the teachers gifts and I haven't gotten anything for the kids holiday parties that I volunteered to get. I also need to get my head out of my ass. I spend the next hour an half helping him and quizzing him and I think we got it! No one tells you all this crap when you say you want kids.
Today I went to Steinmart because it is closing so Hub's store can move in there. I have some clothes that are 75% off the already reduced price. I'm lazy so I don't like to try things on, mostly because dressing rooms make you look awful. I try them on since all sales are final. The only thing I can say about that is if I ever own my own clothing store, I will serve beer and wine when the lady walks in and I will have SOFT lighting in the dressing rooms. What's with the lights in dressing rooms???? Do these people want to sell anything???? No wonder they are closing! Hub's will be happy because he saved a lot of money today.
Thoughts of my day......at forty I know exactly what I want to do and what I want to master. I wish I had the time to take some photography, computer, and creative writing classes. My only thought is why did I not know this in my twenties???? Bullshit I say! If only we could turn back the clock.

No comments: