Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's come to this.

Tonight Blake had a choir winter concert at school. One of the boys in the choir asked me if I was someones Mom. I said yes, I'm Blake's Mom. He said I knew you were his Mom because you two look alike. At this point I look over at Blake to smile because I thought that was nice. What his he doing rolling his eyes in disgust. I guess a boy really doesn't want to hear he looks like his Mom.
They do a little warm up before the concert starts. I walk up to get a few pictures. Does Blake smile at me??? Hell no he gives me the stink eye and mouths to me.....STOP IT. I think to myself this is what it has come to.

He would be the one with the shoe in his face here. Who is this Child???? He is not that sweet little boy I raised.


Wow, he looks thrilled doesn't he. See the boy to his right. Well last concert I photographed him thinking he was Blake. Mom of the year may need some glasses.
Seriously??? This is getting ridiculous. It's going to be a long few years. Unfortunately I will have two more following this creep.
I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but these things are painfully boring. Of course I like to watch my child that is when I am spotting the correct child. But he sings for about ten minutes of the hour and a half show. I find myself looking around the room seeing if I know anyone. Then I am fascinated by the guy next to me shoe size. I don't think I ever saw one that big. I find myself wondering if there is any truth to that foot and hand size thing. The concert lets out at about 8:45. Blake and I ride around looking at Christmas lights stalling in hopes that the little ones will be asleep when we get back. We roll in about 9:15 now their bedtime is 8:30 so this is plenty of time for them to fall asleep. Not so much, we came home to total craziness. Hub's was fighting with Cole who was still doing his homework and Aidan was running around like a monkey. A girls work is never done. For once I'd like to YELL hey people the super girl cape is in the laundry tonight and I'm off the clock. So I get everyone organized and the two little guys in bed. Blake asks me not once, not twice, but three times where things of HIS are. I catch myself about to say.....if it was up your ass you'd know where it was.
The last few weeks I have THOUGHT about starting to run. I blame all these work out barbies I live around for this thought. Can't we all just be fat and happy??? They have guilted me! I'm jealous of course. Well today I finally ran. I ran my ass to the door after the doorbell rang at 7:30. I ran my ass as fast as I could out of my bed. It was the people who pick my kids up for school. We had totally overslept. I politely say we over slept sorry. Then I'm like a crazy women running up stairs yelling at the kids to get out of bed and to hurry. I give them a half frozen waffle on the way to school and kick their ass out of the car. Mom of the year I tell ya. I did run once more today it was after my dog got out. I ran my ass after him because he always heads right to my neighbors yard who one time asked the police if he could shoot him if he's on his property. Only in Texas! There's always tomorrow.

No comments: