Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A day in Wimberly

Mom...aka...Debbie Downer flew in Friday night. Saturday we headed out to Wimberly TX. We dragged ass of course. Before we left Debbie informed me that my house might burn down if I did not unplug my X-mas tree. In the past she has told me not to run the washer and dryer because they too can burn the house down. My favorite is don't run the dishwasher because you may flood the house while your out. And I wonder why I WORRY all the time. I think she should spring for some good therapy for me!


Let me tell you the boys have a blast shopping in these "Home Inspired" shops. Cole always manages to make the best of it! He tries stuff on, he entertains the locals, and he always chases Geese.


There is the cutest little candy shop where the boys always buy candy cigarettes.

I really think they love these for "SHOCK" value. Everyone that walks by does a double take. Most people put their two cents in as well. Some laugh and whisper, others say things like what's your brand or your way to young to smoke. Then there are the people that look at them like they have been raised by white trash, they roll their eyes and whisper, because I'm sure their rich ass has raised the perfect children. My pet peeve is judgmental people. Now don't get me wrong I have done my fair share of judging when I have had no right. I'm really trying to change that part of me. It is a BAD quality to have. No one really knows why someone is making bad decisions. Me, the candy cigarettes as bad as they may be, shut their asses up for at least an hour. I just stayed a few feet behind them and acted like they belonged to someone else.


Scary thing is Cole looks like a professional smoker with the leg up and arm resting on the bench. I SEE.........ZANAX in my future.

Webkinz.......what can I say except jealous. side note.....totally had to have Cole walk over and spell Webkinz for me because I'm truly not smarter than a 5th grader. Who would have thought that some dumb ass stuffed animal that you feed and house on-line would take off like this. They don't even really want the animal , they just want that damn code it comes with it to decorate the animals house on line. Didn't this company make enough money on Beanie Babies??? Which BTW, I have about one hundred and fifty of.......I'm keeping these suckers, some day they will come back!

After shopping we head over to the Emily Anne theater in Wimberly for the beautiful light display they do every year.

The kids complain about going but have fun once we get there. They roast hot dogs and marshmallows by the fire there. We walk through beautiful light displays. It has become a family tradition since we moved here.


The work that goes into these displays are awesome. The best part it is all free, they do ask for a small donation when you walk in, but totally worth it.


The boys have fun putting their heads in the little cut-outs they have everywhere.

They have some belly dancers there that night. Cole being the entertainer he is tries to do every move these belly dancers are doing. Maybe because he is my kid I find him way more entertaining.
There is a place where the kids can write a letter to Santa......too cute! The sad thing is I think I scared the crap out of Cole and Aidan about being on "NAUGHTY WATCH" with Santa. They were afraid to see him while we were there. I may have taken this shitz a little to far this season. But damn it has come in handy for some sanity for me! I'm not sorry and I don't have any guilt!
I can always depend on Cole for a picture! He poses like a rock star in Cinderella's carriage. Now Cinderella is a can of worms I don't want to get into. All I can say is.......why do we teach our girls that this is possible????? There really is NO prince charming like this. I love it...someone that sees you once and chases all over town for your shoe size. Hello ladies in reality guy just wants a piece! I guess I have gotten cranky in my old age. What the world has done to me!
Another great picture....see they are finally getting into this! Anyway these people are driving me crazy and it is really day one of the break.
Thoughts of my day.......I have a conversation in my head almost constantly......difference between me and the crazy person...they are talking out loud! Scary thought....right???

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wish I was there too! And your kids are way too good at that smoking thing. It looks way too real!