Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Who has time to exercise

Woe is me! That is exactly what I'm feeling today. I did get a lot of furniture sold the last few days. The less we have to move the better off we will be. That is what I keep telling myself anyway. Especially since we are moving from 4000 square feet to 1600. I have learned one thing about myself this last week. I'm attached to things like a mini hoarder. A clean hoarder though. After I sell stuff I start to morn it. When someone agrees to buy something I start to think I really like that piece. I shouldn't have sold it. Now Hub's is in the furniture business so I can replace the things I sell. But I still have some strange attachment to them. I'm finding I'm already starting to morn my house too. I have a huge kitchen that I love. I keep looking at my view and my shutters and think what was I thinking!!!!! I start to think about having to live in 1600 square feet with these people.

It's going to take about 10 months to build something. That's after Hub's and I agree on land and a house. He shot down the land I found where we would be surrounded by farm animals and horses. So my dreams of drinking beer while talking to longhorns is out the door. While we were there the neighbors on either side came out to chat with us. Well they probably came out to size us up. They were telling us how they moved their because they enjoy the peaceful country living. We told them we have three boys. The one lady smiled uncomfortable and said"that's nice". There are only three houses there now. We would be the forth and that would be it. Neither one of them had any kids. Don't think they were planning any by their age but I could be wrong. Hub's fears that we would come in and rock their quiet, peaceful, country life. Our kids love to play outside and have air soft wars and run around. Cole's voice sometimes sounds like he is talking through a mega phone when he plays. He just gets really excited! Really excited...did I say that??? Over the years after he has been overnight places. The mom will sometimes say to me...."boy he is loud". I smile politely...and think in my head..."Yeah No shit, why do you think I agreed so quickly to a sleepover".  So hub's thinks the kids would drive these people nuts and they would hate us. He says we will not feel comfortable living there. He fears that we would be uncomfortable playing music too loud or if the kids had friends over they would have to be super quiet. I'm kind of making us sound like a pack of banshees. He thinks the kids would stress the horses out with all their running around and playing basketball. He can be a bit of a know it all if you know what I mean. I do think he may be right. It would be different if these people had a house full of kids. Then they would understand. Then they wouldn't look so refreshed either. They would look tired and run down like me!!!!!

Were back to the drawing board as far as a lot. I got so stressed out last night after Hub's said he didn't think that lot was the one. I looked on line for an existing home. I tossed and turned till after four am, I hate when I can't fall asleep. This happens a lot lately. It is most annoying. There is not one I like as much as mine. Well at least not in our price range. I thought I found a spec home in a neighborhood that we could just move in. I loved the house. It was not closer to the schools which was one of the biggest reasons we were moving and the taxes were not cheaper. I went out to see it today and it was still in the beginning stages of building. A friend of mine and I met hub's for lunch. I told him maybe we should just buy this house. He was like the reason we are moving is to get closer to the schools and save on the taxes. He says....why would we have sold our house if this is what we were going to do. After I thought "know it all" in my head I knew he was right on this one. I'm starting to feel like one of my bratty kids wanting immediate gratification. So we are going to rent and build if we don't kill each other first.

Today Aidan came home and told me he was having girl troubles. I ask him what the problem is. He tells me she thinks I like the new girl. I say..."do you?". He says .."NO". I say "did you tell her that". He says "yes, but she doesn't believe me". Aidan and I pick up Blake and his friend after football. I tell them Aidan is having girl problem...I giggle since he is nine. I tell Blake and his friend to give him some good advice. Aidan tells them what is going on. They tell him to tell her he likes her but keep working the other!!!!! I swear I didn't raise my kids this way. I tell Blake not to teach him things like this. Blake says..."I'm just kidding mom...chill". I have come to hate that word"chill". I tell Aidan not to listen to them because they really have no clue obviously.

Cole had football practice and didn't get home till almost nine. He comes in and starts working on some homework that he left out since last night. At ten he says to me I left my backpack at the football fields. This comes after last week leaving his shoes out there. Couldn't find cleats on game day...this went over great, kind of like a fart in church! I kind of want to scream "WTF" but I take a deep breath and only say it in my head. I tell Cole to get in the car. We drive back into Dripping. This is my third time today. My fear is that a good Samaritan picked it up. We drive there he has headphones on singing country music at the top of his lungs. I try to talk to my sister...aka...Twisty on the phone. She is like "what's that awful noise?". I tell her it's Cole singing. She asks how I can stand it. I can't I just do it. I just kind of sounded like a Nike commercial. We get there and the backpack is there...Thank you, Jesus!!!!!! We drive home with him singing country at the top of his lungs! I'm thinking in my head...."All Moms go to heaven". We get home and he does homework till 11:30. As much as I love to watch them play football, I don't love football season. I don't really enjoy helping with homework till 11:30! This is my time for shit TV. I can hear Deb Downer in my head saying.."you will miss this some day". Bullshit I say!

While Cole was at football I started to tackle some of the drawers and closets that haunt my world. I seem to have a hard time parting with anything in those places too. I manage to get rid of two garbage bags full of stuff. While I'm doing this I have this flashback of my mom's mom. I used to love to go through her drawers and her basement. I get my hoarding from her. She always had great treasures in her house. Her drawers were packed with crap. One time I found a cut off finger from one of her boyfriends in her drawer!! Got ya, just wanted to make sure you were not dozing off yet! I keep some stuff like the fitness grams that the schools have to do on kids now. I was shocked that Aidan was the same height right now that Blake was when he started middle school. He is in forth now, Blake was in sixth in middle school. I found a paper that Aidan wrote a few years ago. It was about his family. The title was..."This is the story of my life". He says he has a great mom named Kerry that likes to shop for him. He goes on to say, He has a great Dad named Michael who makes all the money so we can live, plays football with him, watches football with him, goes to all his games...(mind you I have almost never missed a game), plays Xbox with him, takes him fun places, takes care of everything, and loves him. Are you shitting me???? All he said is I shop for him. He goes on to talk about his brothers. He says Blake is really cool and Cole gets on his nerves. He says he lives in a small town but came from a big city. The best part is when he is talking about his dog and he calls him a stoner. I always call the dog a stoner because all he does is sleep and eat. Hello Kerry, your kids hear everything! Oh my, what that teacher must of thought of us! Then he goes on to talk about his hobbies. He says he wants to be a kicker for the NFL. His spelling is not great. His next sentence says..... "I"m pratasing may kicking, Ime pratasing for my fucker...My guess is he meant future!". Woe is me!

No comments: