Monday, October 8, 2012

This is a bigger pain in the ass than I imagined.

 Every morning since we sold our house I wake up with a sick feeling in my stomach. I walk around the house looking at all the crap but don't do shit about it. Instead I get on line to Austin Home Search hoping my dream home just went on the market. I have found that my idea of a dream home and Hub's is two different things. I found this short sale on line. I drove by it today and looked in the windows like a crazy peeping Tom. Hub's and I went to look at it when he got home. Our realtor met us out there. I was still embarrassed since I backed into his car yesterday when he was over. So we pulled up and his bashed up bumper was staring me in the face. Woe is me!

This house was pretty amazing even though the pool looked like a swamp, The appliances were ripped out, There was some ceiling damage, The window treatments were torn down, some fixtures were missing, and it was dirty as shit. I can look past these things. Hub's walks around pointing out things like the missing ovens and says.."There's another 2 grand". He keeps walking around as if he has a calculator in his head adding up all the repair it will need. He looks at me and says..."ya know the whole house needs to be painted inside and out, not to mention the cedar needs to be re-stained". Then he says..."Do you know how much that's going to cost". Um No, but I'm sure your going to tell me.
 I walk around the house noticing all the amazing things about it. The beautiful porches, the concrete floors, all the built-ins, the amazing laundry room, the huge pantry, the crazy expensive front doors, the beautiful oak trees that fill the yard, and the awesome master closet. It just needs a little love! It's priced way under market value. The problem is it is priced at our very high number. If we went this high there would be no money left for repair. The thing is that because the interest rates are so low our payment would barely go up. Aidan is the only one of the kids with us. He spends most of his time swinging on a rope swing in the backyard. I tell him to come look at the house. He walks around the rooms. He has picked out his room. All the rooms have great views of the oaks. He comes to one room that has the garage roof right out one of the windows. He looks at me and says...."This can not be Blake's room". I ask why. My over thinker says..."He is a teenager and teenagers sneak out, this is way too easy for him to sneak out". I laugh. He then says.."teenagers sneak beer and he will probably sneak beer and sit on the roof drinking it". I laugh again. I'm going to start calling him the informer.
 I do really love this house. We get in the car to go look at another house and a few lots. We argue about this house. I try to tell him it's a really good deal. I talk about all the great things about it. He talks about all the money we have to dump back in it. He says..."It's going to take about thirty grand to get that house looking right". I say ..."but it's priced way under value". He agrees but points out that he does not shit hundred dollar bills to fix it up. And yes, he did say that! He also points out that I have wanted to build a cute cottage style home which this is not. He is right....Gosh I hate saying that...I hate writing that, I'm thinking DELETE in my head right now. He points out that the house is larger than we want or need. He tells me we can build a house exactly the way we want it that is energy efficient. Gosh I hate when he's right...Oh wait, I already said that. He tells me he just wants me to be happy. I have to call him out on that one. He wants me to be happy as long as he is agreeing with what makes him happy. That is two totally different happys in my head.

We pull up to Howard Ranch. There is a spec home ready for move in there. I have loved Howard Ranch since we moved here. Every time I pass it I pull in and imagine myself living in this cute neighborhood with the cool bridge. All the homes in here look like something off the cover of Southern living magazine. It is probably the most charming neighborhood around here. I really want to like the spec home because the thought of moving twice haunts my dreams. I don't love it. There were some nice things about it. The floor plan is not that great. The kitchen is too modern for my taste. It is a beautiful home but not for me. Of course Hubs loved this one. He tries to point out all the great things about this one. I poo poo on them the same way he poo pooed on mine from the last home. I tell him I don't like this one as much as the house we're in now. I say "why would I buy a house I don't like as much as the one I sold?". Back to the drawing board. I think our realtor must be sick as shit of us. He leaves and Hubs and I look at lots in there. We can't agree on that either.
This is a beautiful lot, the trees are amazing. The view is nice. The problem is it backs up to highway 12. The road noise is loud. Hub's fears the resale value on this one will not be great. Deb Downer who I called was telling me about all the pollution and dirt that will come from 12. This is one of the prettiest lots if it didn't back up to 12. So we still have no house and no lot!

After we're done looking we drive to see another rental. We secured one that I'm not crazy about. Nine to ten months is a long time to live in a place your not crazy about. It is across the street from where we live now. There is a gate with a code to get in. I call Blake because one of his friends lives in there. I ask him for the code. He asks why I need the code. I tell him Dad and I got a wild hair up our ass and we are going to toilet paper his friends house. He says.."Are you serious?". I say..."yep". He says.."No, your kidding right?". I say.."nope". He says.."Why would you do that?". I say.."We are bored and want to do something exciting and childlike". He says.."Come get me I want to help". I don't know what bothers me more......The fact that he believed that Hubs and I would paper some one's house or the fact that he seemed over excited to help us do it. So I finally say...."Um, no we are not papering your friends house, we aren't that stupid it's still light out. I tell him we are looking at a house to rent here. He is telling me how much he wants to rent a house there. Hub's can tell what we're talking about. Hub's then says his newly famous line......."Tell him it's not up to him where we rent or move". I say..."I think they all get it". He rolls his eyes at me and goes into his speech about how they are not permanent fixtures in our house, they will be going to college before we can blink, and how they do not decide on things like this. I think...Blaaaa, blaaaaa, blaaaaa, in my head mostly because I'm sad and then there is that he is right thing that seems to bother me so much.

I'm having some issues with this whole moving in October thing. I have been nicknamed "Scary Kerry" because of my great Halloween decorating and my fun party. Or at least that's why I think people call me that...It may be this blog though. All I can say about that is I probably scare myself way more so no biggie! I can't decorate since I have to pack and we are closing on Halloween. Wondering if the universe hates me. Closing on Halloween is like a cruel joke on me! Hubs won't budge about having one more Halloween bash here either. People in the neighborhood have really stepped up their Halloween decorating this year. It's killing me. We drove by one the other day and the words...."Are you shitting me" slipped out before I knew what I said. My kids laughed. I said "Do as I say not as I do"! Now every time I drive by yet another decorated house I growl out loud and cuss in my head. My kids just laugh at me! This is turning into a bigger pain in the ass than I imagined!!!! I hope Deb Downer skips this post....because she told me so!

2 comments:

Vinay Singh said...

The fact that he believed that Hubs and I would paper some one's house or the fact that he seemed over excited to help us do it.

live support

Vinay Singh said...

I haven't even read the book yet, but will agree a tale like this one is worth everyone's time to read. Because you never know who might just need to wake up and break the chain of the hurt and lies perpetuated by humanity's silent, suffering past.
Best Chat Application