Sunday, October 21, 2012

Perfect prank=epic fail

 The week came and went. It was already time for the golden jerk to head home. We had such a great visit with them. It makes me really sad when they leave. I have the best time when my sister and niece are in town to visit. It's too bad that we were swamped with practices, games, homework, and packing while they were here.


 We have dug up some treasures while packing. Like these old Halloween costumes. The boys had a great time having wars in them. Kelz and I took some pretty funny video of these guys wrestling in these outfits.
 We all headed to Aidan's baseball game before we had to go to airport. Cole who has a flare for drama wore the hotdog costume to the ballpark. We couldn't stay for the whole game since we needed to get them to the airport. Did I say I was super sad about this????? While in the car my niece...aka..the golden jerk who likes to call herself super girl told me all her super girl powers had run out. All I could think is I hear you sister! Mine have run out too. I'm going to miss her voice in the morning. I of course cried all the way home from the airport. I had to head to Cole's football game after this. I tell you I'm like a gerbil in the wheel running in a circle doing the same thing over and over. The problem is my kids and I just keep getting older while I'm running in this circle. I want to stop and smell the roses!!!!!

After Cole's game we head out to our friends house to watch some football. The other day Kelz and I met my friend Erin for lunch in town. We went back to see her new house. She has some land and was talking about the deer on it. She said they are getting closer and closer to her back door. She's feeding them..go figure!!!  She was describing how she was walking backwards into her door because they were getting too close. A lightbulb went off in my head. I thought it would be a great prank to put a fake deer outside her bedroom window. The friends house we were watching the football game at has a fake deer as a target in their yard. Erin was there that night too. Since she likes sleep she left way before me. Since I needed a pick me up after my sister left I asked if I could use the fake deer for 24 hours.
 Aidan...aka...pig pen and I headed out with the fake deer. I don't know who was more excited! We pull up outside my friends house with the deer in the hatch back. Aidan is trying to put him together. He falls apart like a puzzle. We are trying to be really quiet as we take the deer to the back of the house.
 While I have the giant plastic deer in my hand I hear their dog start to bark. I start laughing so hard the deer starts to fall apart in my arms. Pig pen is yelling at me to stop laughing fearing that I will wake them. I tell him he is smaller so he should go set the deer up under the tree. He takes the deer no questions asked. When I get a call that the school mascot is missing in few years I'm going to play dumb!!!! I won't even be able to get mad because I have taught him this immature behavior.
So pig pen heads out to the tree to set up the deer. He starts to yell for me because he can't keep the damn thing together. I'm belly laughing on the side of house. I crawl over to try and help him. Damn it if it isn't a windy night...which we rarely get here! That damn thing keeps falling apart. All I can think is they are in their window watching us fight with the plastic deer. We finally get the thing together. We run laughing back to the car. I can't find my keys. I think I might have set them down while trying to get that thing together. We get back out of the car and use my phone as a flash light. While we are doing this the damn deer collapses due to winds. We set him up again and find the keys a few feet away from him. I must have dropped them in all the excitement. We run back to the car. We laugh all the way home.

The next morning I have a photo shoot way too early for Sunday. As my phone alarm goes off I get a text with a picture. It's a text from Erin with a picture of a mangled deer next to her tree. Her text reads....."It's amazing how fast items sell on Dripping garage sale page. This nifty target sold for 50 in 20 minutes. They are picking it up at noon". I text back and LOL, I guess it fell apart! She text back and says it's much better than shit in a bag!!!!! No shit, no pun intended. So my perfect prank was an epic fail!!!!!! Her husband did think there was a dead mangled deer under his tree in the am. That does make me smile just a bit! I was hoping Erin would wake up screaming thinking a deer was watching her in the bedroom. I will take what I can get though! I did have to laugh when they told me the real deer were around this deer getting upset. They got even more upset when her husband picked it up and it fell apart. I think I may have solved her deer problem!!!!!! All the deers are running for their lives now.

Anyway I woke up and headed to another photo shoot. With another family where it's hard to get a bad picture because they were very good looking. The kids were amazing. Sometimes when you shoot families you don't know if your going to get kids that do what you say. Their pictures turned out great. After the shoot I headed home to my house that looks likes it's upside down. I love this house but I'm at the point where I just want to be out of it. There are so many things I will miss about it. There are so many things I won't miss! Like the super dark hardwood floors that show everything! I'm a bit sad because next week at this time we will be in our rental. There are so many great memories in this house that I don't have time to think about due to packing it up.

Anywho, Cole said something funny this week to me. He told me he was embarrassed because I was not like other moms. He said you are always sleeping when other moms are up. It's funny what embarrasses our kids about us. I do remember that my moms plaid jacket killed me! He then told me he is alright with it because I stay up later than other moms and we have dance parties and watch movies. He told me he would rather have the mom that slept in than the mom that made him go to bed too early on the weekend. Tonight while writing this I got a text from upstairs from pig pen. It read...Mom can I come down I'm freekt. out..yes that was the spelling... Then it had the smiley faces that weren't quite smiley faces they looked liked freaked out smiley faces. I text back that he could sleep on the sofa while I wrote this. He text back....Thank you mom your the best with real smiley faces. I know I'm not helping the problem but it did make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I thought at least he knows I understand and maybe that will help him. We will see if he can go to school in the am with no issues!

So here I am thinking I really can't write so please don't judge me for my bad writing. I have always said on here I'm not a writer and I went to Catholic school most of my life. They only really taught you to fear the rapture. They never really taught me to write! So sorry for bad writing, miss spellings, and run on sentences! My sister can write but remember I'm a lot older and she went to public school most of her life. Going to catholic school we learned about god and the end of the world writing was on some back burner. As I have learned when my Grandma was sick and all of us that went to catholic school were funny but had really bad grammar in my grandma's journal. Too late to proof read....just wishing I could sleep at night!

1 comment:

kerry said...

Thanks:) Keep smiling Mr Lonely!