Friday, October 26, 2012

Going with the flow

 So we are moving out of what I thought was my dream house the next few days. Dream house for someone who likes to clean a lot of unusable space. I really do think this house is amazing. Truth be told we use less than half of it. We have a formal dining room we used twice in five years. We have an office that no one uses because everything is portable now. We have a game room which was great when the kids played with toys. We have a media room that is great but no one really uses it because it is not next to the kitchen. A bunch of wasted space that I still have to clean. The house we are going to build will be a bit smaller but the space will be in the rooms we use. I have this strange appreciation for this house now that we are leaving it. Like the view and how pretty it is. This is really a beautiful house. The kind of house I never imagined myself in years ago. The kind of house I believe I will morn. There are lots of good memories in this house. My oldest was in forth grade when we moved here, my second was in first, and my last was in pre-school. Oh the things we have gone through as a family in here. We have had a ton a visitors come through this home. When you live in Austin people love to visit. I have a guest book my mom bought me when we moved in that is a mile long. The first year we moved here we had guest almost every weekend. It has slowed since then. I guess we are not that popular now.
 So Aidan...aka...pig pen is still stressing every day going to school. I have said it before but it really does break my heart. I got all my kids a phone in the 5th grade. This is the point here when everyone has a phone and you can't avoid it any longer. Aidan is in forth. Because he is having such a hard time going to school I decided to let him have one of our old phones since we we're all up for an upgrade. I thought since his big problem is being away from me this will help. At first this phone thing worked like a charm. Then the other day pig pen texted me from school every hour on the hour about how upset he was. Lets rewind a bit. I went to get Aidan up in the am for school. I smelled something odd in his room. I thought for a minute it might be me since I ate something with onions the night before. I kinda of wrote it off. Aidan called me all day from school wanting me to pick him up. God I hate that I gave him a phone about now. I kept telling him to wait an hour because I was busy. Hoping his anxiety would go away. He called and called and texted. I told him if I got him early he could not go to the homecoming parade. I thought this was my get out of jail free card. He called my bluff and said it's so bad he does not care. Woe is me. I did manage to keep him in school till the end of the day. I picked him up and smelled that same awful smell. I don't know if I'm slow but I did not put the smell together yet. After we got home he said he needed to shower. Hello, Kerry this should be a huge clue that something is wrong! What kid wants to shower after school???? I think I may still be from the school of naive nitwits.

He showers and comes out. He asks me if his armpits smell like onions. I smell them and think.....Damn they do. I'm still thinking about the patty melts we ate the night before. I think I can't believe this smell is coming out of him from eating this. I think this kid can't eat anything with onions. Hello My name is Kerry and I'm from the school of naive nitwits! Lets fast forward to when I find onions in his bed. I ask why are there onions in your bed???? A reasonable question...right???? He tells me he was on youtube with his "new Phone" finding out how to make himself sick. I grab his phone to find out what he looked up, I find a youtube video from a "KID" talking about how to make your self sick. He tells kids to put onions under your arms while you sleep to make yourself have fever. Woe is me once again. Having to deal with all the how to do bad shit videos on youtube is for the birds. So Aidan who all the sudden fears school after five years of going went to bed with onions under his armpits. After I figure out what had happened I question Aidan. He tells me he sat alone at lunch because he smelled so bad. He tells me kids made fun of him all day because of how he smelled. Of course they did, these are kids who have no filter.

I have had him at his doctor twice because of these kinds of things. We saw a local therapist a few weeks ago. I took him back to his doctor since things are getting worst. She gave me the contact for someone who specializes in kids anxiety, I called to get an appointment. The girl told me I had to write a letter to the doctor because he is so busy he only takes kids case by case. Needless to say I wrote my letter with tears. It killed me to really write down everything. They called today and they are going to take him. I pray every day that my baby can find a way to be comfortable in his everyday life. Gosh I would not wish stress like this on anyone.
Oh and there is Cole! Drama all the way! He came out of school like this! Because he has a flare for drama he came out as if he was injured. I stressed thinking he was hurt. Only to find out it was for theater! Woe is me once again. I'm just wondering as I write this is there any other parents out there that didn't realize that parenting would be so hard?????? Woe is me...oh wait I said that about hundred times.

So today we got the keys to our rental. Woe is me! Our furniture doesn't fit. The kids rooms are super small. Since hubs in the furniture business my kids all have queen size beds. The patio has a great view! The problem is it also has a great view of all the neighbors patios. I guess I can not talk to myself out there. I'm starting to really love the house I just sold. We put an offer on a lot. The guy was asking a bit much for it. Our realtor is a rock star and researched finding out that most of the lots he took at least 25 grand off. So we offer him a fair price for the lot. We just want what everyone else got. He responds that he is only taking full price offers. Even though he wasn't two months ago! I don't want to over pay, I just want a fair price. So we are without a lot and back to square one. This whole moving and building our dream home is not turning out the way I pictured it in my head....at all!!!!! Woe is me.....I need to stop saying that! I'm starting to sound like a broken record...an annoying one too.

I got on Austin home search again hoping my dream home has come on the market. Most of the houses are slightly dated in dripping. They want top dollar for these houses too. Now I have my damn pinterest house in my head! Nothing will do! I need to win the lotto or come into to stupid money. Life would be a bit easier then! Right now I think I'll just get into my rental.....that I happen to have to pay more for than my current dream home I'm in! It's a renters market for sure here. Woe is me...did I say that??????? Once again I'm not a writer...which my sister reminds me of all the time. Tonight I called her to tell her Aidan got into the doctor because of my sappy letter I had to write. She was like..."He got in because the doctor realized you can't get your too's and to's right and he knew your child was screwed". So anyway sorry for too and to mistakes, run ons, and bad grammar! At least I own it. That should count for something. I have a husband for sale if anyone is interested......this move is showing me sides of him I do not like!!!!!1

No comments: