Sunday, July 3, 2011

Grandma's house

Twisty and I headed to the Arlington Heights fest Thursday night. We met my cousin Kris out there. Danced a little and some how came home with two goldfish. Grumps is going to be mad but it's better than coming home with the two strange men or even worst a Carney. I should say Twisty came back with these. She took the kids by the games and ended up sweet talking a Carney into a fish for each kid. Twisty has a thing for Carnies this is yet another reason I call her Twisty. I thought just what we need more shit in the already over crowed house. She says....we need to get a fish bowl. I say....they will be dead by morning, no need for a bowl. So we end up putting them in one of Debbie's good bowls. This kind of goes over like a fart in church. It is now Sunday and these suckers are still going strong.

Friday morning we are headed into the city so see some family. We were supposed to be there by 11. We got there at 11:25 we can blame part of this on traffic. But lets just say getting this amount of people out the door and in the car is a job in itself. It is pure chaos. There is always someone who can't find their shoes and it is some how always my fault. I love when they tell me they have looked everywhere and I end up finding them in the place they just looked. My favorite is when they ask where their shoes are. I tell them to look and they stand their with their head up their ass. As if the shoes are going to magically appear in front of them. As I'm writing this Blake is over my shoulder reading this. He says...I should change the time to 12 because it makes the story more funny. I look at him and say...I can't do that! That is juicing up the story. He says...well it's not that funny. The picture of the house above is one of the houses I grew up in. Lots of great stories from this little Oriole Park house.

We get to my Grandma's house to meet up with My Aunt Margie, Aunt Cyndi, Sherry, Jenny, and Brian. We get Dino's pizza. Oh me Gosh, Chicago has the best pizza. Ya know that song by DJ Knaled....The one that goes all I do is win, win, win???? When I'm in Chicago....all I do is eat, eat, eat, no matter what. Got food on my mind, can never get enough. Every time I step out of the house I go for pizza, gyros, hot dogs, and shakes. My hands go up! and they stay there. Up down, up down. Cause all I do is eat, eat, eat! Last summer I put on ten pounds in five weeks. Unfortunately I see the same shit in my future. We don't have this great food in Austin. Or I should say this awesome shit food. Man there are lots of fest with things smothered in cheese or wrapped in bacon. There are Cubs games with the best hot dogs. Great pizza joints on every corner, beef places, gyro places, and I have zero self control when I am here. Fat and happy is what I am here.

It's sad being at my Grandparents house. The house now has a for sale sign in front of it. So many great memories for everyone in this house. It seems sad that someone will buy it and tear it down.

I love my Grandpa's work station in the basement. It still has all of his nails and do dads in empty baby food jars. Back when he was alive there was always a Whiskey bottle at this work station. He was a true Irishman. We had a great visit with the family. I really do miss everyone and wished I still lived here.

We get home that night and eat dinner with the family. The sound of the broken dryer is banging in the back round as it does most nights. The washer and dryer are going 24/7 around here. We are doing that game where we say what the best and worst part of our day was. Aidan says.....the worst part of his day was he saw someones butt crack. Me I'm thinking if that happened to me it would be the best part of my day. A butt crack always gives me a good laugh!

Cole has been a big help in Mom's garden. He loves to help with the watering.

This is the relaxation station around here. This is where we can go to get away when the house feels over crowed or just too loud.

Posted by PicasaFriday night I went to my friend Mary's brother house for a party. She is in from Florida. Mary was my partner in crime in a lot of bad stories that I can not blog about. What I love about her is we are always laughing when we are together. We always have such fun together. It's a good thing that we live states apart there is no telling the trouble we would be in if we weren't. On our way out to her brothers house. I ask Aidan if he is lying to me about something. I look at him through the rear view mirror and see that he feels his nose after he answers. This means he is lying. I told him recently that his nose grows when he lies. I can't believe he feel for that line of shit.

No comments: