Friday, July 22, 2011

Dumb, daa, dumb, dumb

So Dum, dum comes up from his phone today for some food. He does the typical teenager thing. Walks up and says.....what is there to eat in this house? I do my typical Mom response of.....Look around and find something. He comes back with a frozen dinner. He says.....can you make this for me????? I'm like are you kidding me kid......it's a microwavable dinner. He says....but I don't know how to make it. I say......read the directions. He says.....Please just make it for me. I say....hell to the No, Now pretend you are here by yourself staving. I bet you can figure this out. He stands there and stares at the box like a deer caught in headlights. He asks where the microwave is which really kind of chaps my ass. He hits Twisty up for help and she just laughs at him. She is enjoying that fact that I raised a helpless child. Today.



He wants to know if he should take the plastic off. I tell him again to read the directions. He puts the thing in for one minute. I was thinking that didn't sound like enough time. He pulls it out and says...it's still frozen and I read the directions. I grab the......Smart Ones box out of the trash. I see there is a five step plan on the directions. It is even numbered......very simple. I guess he started reading at step three. This is the same kid that went to heat up something in the toaster oven on a paper plate. Also the same kid that heated chicken fingers in the microwave for nine minutes instead of ninety seconds. Those babies were black and smoking when they came out. What am I going to do with this helpless fool????? His poor wife....she is going to hate me! Funny thing I was talking to Twisty. I said......what to those parents do that raise the super successful kids???? Her response.....I don't know but I will let you know in twenty years!



No comments: