Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Grandma's house is for sale


It makes me sad to see my Grandma's house for sale. I wish she was still in there sitting at the kitchen table waiting for us to pop in. Both my Grandparents were kitchen people. We hardly ever sat in the den always the kitchen. I have many great memories of sitting around the kitchen table. When my boys were little Cole used to refer to my Grandma as his kitchen table Grandma.


I'm enjoying the fact that "NO" seems to be this kids favorite word. It's not your average "NO" either. It's a long drawn out dramatic "NOOOOOOOO". Twisty used to question me all the time when my kids would do things like this and I couldn't control it. She had NO kids and had NO idea how bad kids can be. I sometimes would pretend I didn't see something or didn't hear something. I just didn't feel like dealing with it sometimes. My kids got a few get out of jail free cards due to parent laziness on my part. I think Twisty is starting to get this.


I feel sad for my Aunt Margie. She was the only girl in this male drivin Kane house. It was only my Grandma and her. You can imagine how close they were. She has had a hard time with losing her. She is probably taking the sale of the house the worst. Aunt Margie and my Grandma were a lot alike....both really nice genuine people. You don't find many of those in life.


Oh boy if this tree could talk. The stories it might tell. I think we have all been in that sappy ass tree a few times in our lives.



Grandpa loved to garden and his magnolia tree blooms every year.


One thing I will miss about my Grandparents house was the sign my Grandpa put on the stairs to the basement. This is always a reminder of how funny my Grandpa was. I guess someone who did not have his sense of humor tried to cross out the original HELL......thank Gosh someone fixed it!




Everybody loves to see my dog Ziggy. I think he may be the most popular one out of all of us.
He gets to travel around and visit relatives with us.


This is a picture of my cousin Sherry and me when we were little. I showed this picture to Cole one time. I said......Do you know who this is?????? He said.......Is that you holding Daddy when you were little? I don't know what stumps me more......the fact that he thinks Daddy and I were together since that age or that fact that I'm the older one holding my future husband.

Twisty and I have been playing dominoes at night. Exciting right??????? Last night she had to run an errand. Aidan, Cole, and I started the game before she got home. She walks in looks at me doesn't say hello. She says.....have you been wearing those clothes for 24 hours????? I look up at her and say......Going on 48 actually. Glad she's paying attention. Love that she calls ass out for being a scum bag. It's been hotter than hell here the last few days. They said the heat index is 110. We keep getting phone calls from the city saying not to do anything outside. I came here to get out of the heat damn it! I hope this heat goes away soon.


Did you ever have one of those days where you just know you have failed miserably raising your kids???? I hope I'm not alone but I'm having one of those days just about now. I am a night owl by nature...I like my night time to chill the hell out. The fact that my kids are also night owls is driving me to the point of insanity. The fact that I have gone up and pretty much told them I'm going to call the police if they don't listen is making think I have crossed over to the dark side! The fact that they laughed in my face scares me even more. Seriously???? What have I done to deserve this????? I know I love the vamp...does that mean I had to raise vampires????? For God sakes....give me a break! These kids are making think a padded cell is a better choice. When I was a kid I was scared to death to get out of bed and push the envelope. I guess I had respect for my parents, my kids have zero respect. I told them I was going to send them to military school and they laughed at me again. I want to curl up in a ball and cry in corner somewhere. Why does parenting have to be so hard???? Why can't I have the kids that pass out and sleep early??? These people I live with are driving me insane!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: