Saturday, November 10, 2012

Another season has come and gone.

 Blake played his last football game as a freshman last night. This has been a crazy season since he was out at the start do to a jaw break. He ended up holding his own in the end. I couldn't be more proud of my baby who happens to be much taller than me now! It's been an emotional year so far for sure. I have a hard time believing I could have a high school kid. I often feel and act like a high school kid myself. Then I look in the mirror and think get off that ledge sister you are definitely not in high school. I have friends who have had kids in high school before me. It always freaked me out. I couldn't imagine having one in high school and trying to manage all the high school stuff they get into. I think about me in high school and I kind of want to curl up in a ball and die. I had naive parents. They were really young when I was in high school. My mom was about 35 when I stared. They were good kids when they were young. I think I gave them a run for the money. I get it now...too late but I get it. This is the time where they go from boy to man. I was not ready for this at all. I'm still a bit immature myself at times. Now I have to teach my oldest to be a mature adult for Gods sake??? Bullshit I say....my parents are getting that good laugh that they waited for.  Sometimes I feel I'm just not cut out for a job like this. It's a hard job. When they get to this age you have to let go a bit and hope you have taught them to make good decisions. In my case I let the leash go and then found out real fast I had to tug that leash back in a bit. When your a mom you just really want your kids to be healthy and happy.....and oh yes, PERFECT! Sadly you come to realize it is almost impossible to raise a perfect child. I do have a few friends and people I know who seemed to have mastered that. I cuss in my head at them nightly! When Blake...aka..the not so charming prince comes down before bed and talks to me about almost everything and then says..."I love you mom before he goes to bed. I think I'm half way there! Can't you just hear Bon Jovi singing in your head???? "OHHHHH, ohhhhh, I'm half way there...Ohhhh ohhhh living on a prayer". I love me some Bon Jovi!!!! I'm living on prayer all right and I really need God to hear me because this is harder than those old people tell you. I really do believe in the power of prayer so I pray every night for God to watch over my kids when I'm too tired or too lazy to do the dirty job. Remember I went to catholic school my whole life almost! I spent a lot of time in church daydreaming....I totally meant praying!
He had some really awesome tackles his last game. Every time I heard his name over the loud speaker I got a shit ass grin on my face. Proud mama here. Kids not afraid of anything which happens to be a torn in my side at times. Not at a football game though. On the way home Cole...aka..typical middle child says...."Mom don't go into my notes on my phone because they are private". A light bulb goes off in my head. I'm imagining all the awful crap in his notes. Remember I was raised by Deb Downer. I do love my Deb Downer though...wouldn't change almost anything about being raised by her.  I say..."I wouldn't go in your notes". I'm so lying...and I'm so pulling up those notes when he is sleeping! He then says..."my pass code is 1111". I do think for a minute...Oh my gosh I raised a really naive child who just pretty much told me there is something to see in these notes and gave me the code. Not the brightest bulb comes to mind. I'm alright with that since it makes parenting easier for me. Blake..aka...the not so charming prince has always been sneaky...this one not so much!  So he goes to bed and I grab his phone. I go right into his notes. He has a note about who he likes. It says a girls name and then it says HI Mom, if I hear you on the phone telling all your friends who I like I know you read this!!!!!!! So the kids smarter than I just gave him credit for. I think he is either testing me or really does want me to know who he likes! I love this kid. He makes me smile all the time...or at least most of time. Sometimes I'd like to ring his little neck but that is for a therapist to hear about!

Final thought....I feel fat as shit, kind of like the Thanksgiving turkey that some farmer feed too much! It's about to be holiday season...the season of eating...woe is me!!!!!!!!! So another season has come and gone lighting fast. Gerbil in a wheel I tell ya...this gerbil just keeps getting older and so do her kids!!! Woe is me....did I say that???????

No comments: