Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Are you really embarrassed by my presence?

The past few weeks when I drop Cole off at school....he says..."Can you pull away fast". At that moment I realized he is at the age where my presence embarrasses him. Embarrassed really already????? This has happened everyday for weeks now. It has bothered me a little. It also makes me laugh a little too. Remembering all the silly things about my parents that embarrassed me. They were the most ridiculous things. I was embarrassed as a kid because they were young and good looking. I wanted old parents like my friends. I was embarrassed that my dad would drop me off in a sports car instead of a station wagon. I would ask my dad to drop my friends and I off a few blocks from a party or a football game. I was super embarrassed of my moms plaid jacket. Silly right????
When I picked Pig Pen up from school today I asked him if I embarrassed him. He looked at me as if I was asking a trick question and shrugged his shoulders. I said.."No, really you can tell me". He asked why. I said "because Cole is embarrassed by me and I'm wondering if I do anything to embarrass you". He kind of did this line smile. He does this when he nervous or lying. He said.."Well sometimes you do". I say.."Well what do I do". He said.."You cuss sometimes especially the A word". "Sometimes I don't like what you wear". "You yell at me in front of my friends, and I was embarrassed when the Zumba place put a video of you on the Internet. I laughed at some of it. I do say "ass" way too much. I say..."What I wear???". I ask if I dress too young or too frumpy. He says..."What's frumpy". I say.."Sloppy". He says.."neither, I just don't like your outfit sometimes". Fair enough. I hated a few things my parents wore. I say.."I only yell at you in front of your friends when you are doing wrong or are not following rules". He says.."It embarrasses me though". I say.."Well don't do anything wrong and that problem is solved". He says..."Can't you just pull me aside?". I say.."can't you just do the right thing". I ask why he would be embarrassed by the Zumba video. "None of your friends will ever see it". My instructor put a video on her page to advertise Zumba. There was a bunch of us and I was in the back. You couldn't even tell it was me. He says.."I was embarrassed for you because you weren't the best, some of the others were way better". I laughed and said.."Don't worry about me that doesn't bother me". Now he is my perfectionist he likes to be the best at what he is doing or he doesn't do it. This is a problem we are working on.

Later in the night I ask Cole about the car thing. I say.."Why do you want me to pull away fast, do I embarrass you?". He says..."No, but the eighth graders say.."Look your mommy is waiting for you to get in the doors". I say.."their jealous because I care so much". He shakes his head and says.."I don't think so". He says.."They think you treat me like a baby". Fair enough, I get it. I ask if there is anything else I do that embarrass  him. He says.."No, but your sister embarrasses me". I seriously laugh out loud and say.."What has Twisty done to embarrass my baby?". He says.."When she was here she said I had a large butt crack". I laugh out loud once again. Mostly because when he was a baby his ass was so fat his crack looked long. I couldn't help taking pictures of it. I would post one but I believe you can get in trouble for that. I say.."When did she do that?" He says.."At the lake, in front of my friends". Now they laugh and say.."You have a large butt crack". I laugh again. Then he gets mad that I'm laughing. He says.."Actually, you do embarrass me too". I say.."Oh yeah, why?". He says.."You fart". I belly laugh, fart, and say.."Everybody farts". He says..."You fart like a man and laugh about it". I say.."You fart all the time". He says.."I'm a guy". I say.."Everybody farts, get over it, I never fart in front of your friends". Because he always has to have the last word he says...."But your supposed to be a lady and ladies don't fart".  I blow a big fart with my mouth. He thinks it's real. He yells very dramatically..."MOMMMMMMM, see what I mean".

The not so charming prince comes down. I ask him if I embarrass him. He's like.."Um, Yes". The little guys start to laugh. I say.."What? Really?'. He says.."Your loud". Then he says.."Sometimes you think your funny when your not". Then he says.."For the most part your not that bad, I've seem worst". Oh thank you, Prince Charming. All the sudden they all start to remember other times I embarrassed them. Pi Pen says..."Wait remember when you beeped at that guy and he got out of his car to yell at you?" "That was really embarrassing". I say.."But he stopped on 290 in traffic to gaze at Xmas trees". He says.."It was still embarrassing". Then Cole is like.."Remember when you complained at the fast food place". I say.."We got the wrong order for the second time". Then Blake is like.."Remember when you argued with the girl at Foot Locker about the shoes??". I say.."They were on the sale rack and weren't on sale...in fact almost nothing on the sale rack was on sale". This is really starting to go no where fast!

No comments: