Saturday, March 9, 2013

Is it really already spring break????

So I can't believe the year has flown by again lighting fast! We are in Spring Break week. For teachers this is a great week. For Mom's who like their few hours of peace this is a VERY long week. A week of fights, what are we doing today's, what are we doing next, I'm bored, staying up past bedtime, hogging the TV, the computer, and just plain driving us nuts. It doesn't come at a good time for me. Hubs and I are in an all out war over building my/our dream home. Note to any married couples out there...building a dream house is not good for the soul. It's overrated unless you shit money and happen to agree on stuff. Hubs and I have been taking turns having breakdowns.  Today we found out that our house did not appraise for the price were trying to build it for. This means if we want it the way we want it we have to pay upfront for the difference.  So we are in a fight once again. It was his idea to move in the first place. Just sayin. The sad thing is the reason it's not appraising is because the house next door to our lot recently sold. The people sold it for way under what it was worth. So it is one of our comps. Now the house across the street sold too. It sold for market value. They took the two and gave us the average. It's not our fault the people next to us sold their home for 100 thousand under value to get out of it.  We are fighting over what to cut out. I could tell you what I want to cut but I'll keep it to myself!  My thing is the main house is most important. We should cut money in bedrooms. Hubs wants to cut countertop money and front doors. To me the front doors and kitchen are most important. He also wants to cut flooring price. We should cheap out the kids rooms and bathrooms. They are temps in our home.

This is really my dream neighborhood though. Since I moved here six years ago I drove in this neighborhood every time I passed it. I love it. I'm supposed to live in it. DO YOU HEAR ME UNIVERSE. The developer is extremely hard to work with though. We turned in our plans that have to be approved by him. He wasn't a fan.  He wants to put his two cents in about the shape of windows and door sizes. I do think in the long run we will love the house and the neighborhood. That is if Hubs and I survive this. Otherwise it will be in a ranch with dogs and kids every other weekend. Is it sad that that makes me smile big????   It's kinda of funny though. We left my dream house and moved into this much smaller rental. We don't really feel any different. I thought I would miss my house. I do once in a while.  When I drive by it and see them doing all the things I wanted to do. But I don't feel as sad as I thought I would. We miss our next door neighbors more than the house. My kids haven't skipped a beat being here. They actually are having a good time hanging out with the kids here. Most of the neighbors here have not welcomed us with open arms. Probably because they know were not staying. A lot of the high school coaches and their families live here. We are enjoying the time with them.  The only thing I have missed is during the holidays a lot of our stuff is in storage. I guess in my later years I'm realizing a house is a home if you make it home.

So on my birthday Hubs said I can go get all that botox I bitch about. I bitch, thinking he will never agree. Since he said do it I have become Chicken shit...with a capital Chicken. I can't even get a mole removed without felling like the room is spinning. I can't even go to Dentist without feeling faint. So all my big talk about wanting botox caught up with me.  A younger friend of mine swears by this face cream line. I do think about the fact she is at least ten years younger. My skin looked really good ten years ago.So it's not a fair comparison.  Damn Debbie for being right about sun, night cream, and alcohol.  So I tried it. It's called Replenix. I use the face wash, the serum, the night cream, and the "it will cure all cream". I do have to say my skin feels baby soft. It did help with lines even though it did not get rid of them totally. Overall my skin looks better. I'm hard on it too. Bad diet, three boys, and one husband reeks havoc on me. I don't usually promote products on my blog. I do promote the Nutribullet which I have a love hate relationship with.  If your a chicken shit like me it's the next best thing.   Anyway if you want a good skin cream product try Replenix....especially if you are young. I only wish I cared in my younger years. It catches you. Start young and maybe you will not worry about it in your forty's. idealceuticals.com 

Anywho, on my final note. This week has been crazy for me. Since I let my youngest do two sports I have had to take him to practice every night of the week. Damn him for being good at both! He got on the White Sox team for baseball. I was so excited since it's my Grumps favorite team. It helps my favorite status. He is pitching and catching. He was a preferred walk on, on his team....which I hear is a big deal. As far as soccer he is on a select team. That for me means less shit on my dream house. For him it means he's pretty damn good at soccer. Yes, I'm totally being that mom. Bragging about my kids....sooo annoying I know!!!!  My not so charming prince got first for pole vaulting in the meet at our school last week. This week he got second. He beat his record which is big. He beat a lot of kids who train all year. He is a natural. He has had no training all year. Busy with football and his girlfriend.   I'm super proud of him. I have always been proud of him. I really believe my kids are the best things I ever did in my life.  Remember I never did Brad Pit or Clooney...Just sayin. Bad Kerry!!!!!!  We need a new pole for the highshool though. I'm trying to come up with a fundraiser or something to get poles. Do you think it would cause a stir if I sold pot brownies????? I hope anyone reading this knows I'm JOKING about that last line!!!!!

No comments: