Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter weekend

So I sit here tonight, the night of Easter. I have not much to say on this blog thing. So I think. I always have crazy crap to talk about.  That air supply song is in my head. Ya know the one if your a dinosaur. "Here I am the one that you love, asking for another day". I have no idea why but it is buzzing in my head. I can be a little cray, cray, like that. Hello padded cell my name is Kerry!

 Easter has changed for me this year. There was no taking kids to see the bunny and get an overpriced picture. They are too cool for that. Plus they know I'm the bunny. I have mixed emotions about that. I miss the days when they were excited to see the bunny. The days when we waited way too long to get a not so perfect picture. Normally it involved talking one off the ledge in the super ass long line, lots of bribing comes to mind. The positive thing is I finally get credit for being the bunny. Well kind of. Since we are in a rental lots of stuff is in storage. Easter baskets being many things I didn't think clearly on. I raced to get candy and a little gift yesterday. Since Hubs refused to track Easter baskets down in our over loaded storage I compromised. I got big gift bags. Since they know there is no such thing as a bunny it was not as much fun.  I asked them each what their favorite candies were the day before. When I gave them their Easter gift bags. I did not get the reaction I dreamed of as a little girl. One said, "where's my basket"????? Then said "is this it"????? I blame myself for being that overachiever mom back in the day. The other one who happens to be a pleaser like me said..."Thank you mom, Can you put in the difference on what I want with this visa gift card???". Then there was the not so charming prince. I called him down at least ten times before he graced us with his presence. He opened his gift bag with no emotion. I told him I got his girlfriend a bag of candy with a small gift too. He gave me a head nod.

I just want to turn back the hands of time. The times where my kids were so excited to find not only Easter baskets but hunt eggs too. They used to be so cute and so thankful to the bunny who happened to be me. Then I think as long as I'm fantasizing about the good old days why not go back to me. I will never forget when the Easter bunny forgot my letter to him. I was so disappointed. We went to church and he came back for my letter. I remember being so excited. After that we went to my grandparents house. We hunted eggs with all the cousins. Those were the days for sure. Not a worry in the world. I would totally give hubs left nut to go back to those days. I used to love to spend those Easters with my grandparents.

Those were the days when my kids loved to hunt eggs too. Not so much anymore. Damn it for life flying by as the old people love to say. My kids had no interest in hunting eggs this year. It's sad that you don't know what you got till it's gone. So instead of watching my kids egg hunt, I turned to Facebook. I pulled up pictures of people I used to know kids hunting eggs. My sister's kid hunting eggs. My cousins kids hunting eggs. People I kind of know kids hunting eggs. Thinking damn my kids are jerks. Why can't they just want to hunt eggs to make me happy????

Then there was the whole egg coloring thing. We have colored eggs for the last 15 years. This year no one wanted to color eggs. Really??? Torn in my side. I love to color eggs. Why don't these people I live with anymore??? We always had fun. Every year we made the ugly egg. The egg you let soak in every color. I love to take pictures. This is the first year I have no pictures of hunts, coloring, or baskets.....woe is me! What I'm forgetting while feeling sorry for myself is the big picture. Easter is about Jesus! I thank God that I had so many great Easters as a kid and as an adult. I got to hang out with the most important people in my life. I have great memories of that time.  I got to experience it all because of what Jesus did for us. Someday I will have a Granddaughter and we will color pink eggs!



No comments: