Sunday, April 14, 2013

Love conquers all.....at least when your young!

 I did a photo shoot today for some seniors. I was taken back by the young love. They were just so cute, happy, carefree, and they have their whole life in front of them. I found myself slightly jealous. When I got home to edit the photos. I found myself thinking back to me when I was a senior. I was carefree, very naive, I got butterflies, and I believed love could conquer all. When your a senior life is good. Your about to go out in the real world as an adult. You feel so grown up. You only have yourself to worry about....as long as you do not have a reality show called.."Teen Mom".
 Your friends and your boyfriend are the center of your world. You are finally at the top of the food chain in your high school. The under class man look up to you. Your senior year is full of parties, social events, prom, graduation, and it's finally all about you! How quickly all that shit changes when you get in the real world.
 When I was a senior I really did think the best of people. Later in my life I was shocked at how ugly people could be. I was ridiculously naive as a senior. As I senior all I thought is..."All you need is love". Can't you just hear the Beatles singing that???? At least that's who I think sang it. At that time in my life I didn't have a care in the world. If I lived in a trailer with my butterfly boy I thought..."All I need is love". Life was great! Drinking was for fun, not to kill the pain. When old people told you "life was not a bowl of cherries" you called bullshit. The only cherry you were worried about was the boy you would give yours up to! Parents flipped the bill for everything. I had a nice roof over my head, a car to drive around, friends that I swore we would go into our senior years together ...real senior years. I got butterflies over boys. I believed anything and everything anyone said to me.
 Then you get in the real world. You get married. Want the perfect house.....have to pay for the perfect house. Have to decorate the perfect house. You find out some people you run into kind of suck. You find out that you kind of suck sometimes. You try to keep up with The Jone's. You have kids....worry yourself to death over your kids. Now you have to pay for a nice house....a trailer is not in your head at all anymore. You need to think about raising good responsible kids. You need to pay for your car. You need to save for college, for retirement, for sports, and for frickin everything!!!!!!! You become a gerbil in wheel.....doing the same thing over and over year after year...The only change is you just keep getting older. Your doing laundry, driving kids all over, going to game after game, cleaning your kitchen counter over and over, cooking, stopping fights, finding every ones crap, keeping every ones schedules straight, getting everyone to school, being unappreciated, doing it all...over and over. Your smile is no longer carefree. It's down right fake at times.  Wow, I kind of sound like a Debbie Downer!
Eventually you get even older. You start to think about yourself again. Yourself gets left behind for many years if your a women. You start to eat better, take better care of yourself, exercise, and care about yourself just a bit more. At least that's how it is for me. You focus on your relationship more...if it survived. Mine did...by a hair sometimes. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Since the divorce rate is over 50 percent now. You start to realize again the house, car, and all the things really don't matter that much. Keeping up with the Jone's is for the birds. The Jone's are probably not that happy anyway! What matters in the end is family. Having good solid relationships with family. They are there forever. Those friends in high school you thought would be there till the end have moved on....well most. I do still have a few dear friends from that time. Only cause of facebook though! You start to realize once again...."All you need is love"......Even if the butterflies are long gone!!!!!! Once again can't you hear the Beatles singing that song....At least if your my age. Younger people reading this have no idea what that song is! Still wondering if that even is a Beatles song.....But truth be told your still screwed because now you need to re school your materialistic kids that "All they need is love".

No comments: