Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mama

 My friends wedding day turned out to be perfect . The wedding went off without a hitch. Looking at this picture it's hard for me to believe my not so charming prince is bigger than me. Don't blink.
 Here's the guy I got to walk down the aisle with. Recognize him????? Well I had no idea who he was. My kids knew him though. He is an anchor for ESPN. I had Cole...aka...Drama taking pictures behind the photographer. At one point he pulled me aside. He said.."Mom, that guy doesn't like you at all, your annoying him". I said.."What do you mean, of course he likes me, I'm nice". He says.."No, he's rolling his eyes behind your back because your bossy". He tells me to stop being bossy because that guy is super cool. I tell him.."I'm super cool". He says.."Not really, that guy is though". I think we got along good even if I annoyed him with my bossy self. I am super cool though! Insert your laugh now!
 Of course Drama needed a "hey look at me photo". This is one of several he took. He reminds me a lot of my sister...aka..Twisty. Apple didn't fall far from the rotten tree....Heheee!
 The bride and groom looked amazing! I'm so happy for both of them.
 At the reception Cole..aka..Drama caught the garter (spelling?) . That kid in the maroon did not take it well. When Cole got it he wrestled him to the ground. Cole was not about to give it up though. He fought to keep that thing that hangs on a picture frame in his room now. He had no idea what he was fighting for. If he knew the meaning of that thing he might have flung that thing at him like a rubber band. Most older guys avoid catching it!
In my last blog I talked about how we were staying in a haunted house. The day of the wedding everyone staying in the house was at the river. I went back to the house to get ready. I had a creepy feeling. While in the bathroom I feared "Mama" was going to lock me in. I would be crying and banging trying to get out. No one would hear me though. Blood would start running down the walls. Oh boy my overactive mind got the best of me again. I ran downstairs in the kitchen. My phone rang. It was Pig Pen. I ignored it because my hands were sticky from stuffing my face with food. Two minutes later they all came in from the river. I asked Pig Pen why he was calling me. He got a weird look on his face. He says.."My phone is upstairs on the nightstand". Insert creepy music because I was the only one in the house. I can't believe "mama" can use an iPhone!!!!!!! Seriously, there is no rhyme or reason why Pig Pen's phone called mine! Another strange thing is the TV would go on by itself.....yes, you can insert creepy music again. Because creepy music was totally playing in my head when this happened.

While at the wedding the photographer who is a long time resident in Utopia asked where I was staying. I told her in the old Ware-Donoho house. I got the..."OHHHH". I said..."What, do you mean when you say OHHHHH". She says..."Have you seen Mama yet????". I say..."I don't think so, but I may have seen her picture since there are dead people pictures everywhere I turn". I tell her this is not the first I have heard of this "Mama". She goes on to tell me that people staying in the house have said they have been sleeping and woke up to her touching their face or her standing over them. She tells me don't sleep in the red room which I happen to be in or the downstairs room. I think..."For fucks sake, why are you telling my already over active brain this". I want to shoot Hubs for renting the haunted house!!!!! So I forgot about it for a while because ignorance is bliss.  A buzz helped for a while at least, my buzz only lasted through the reception though!

We got back to the haunted house after the wedding. I was telling my old neighbor who was staying there too about what that lady said. I went up to change. Pig Pen and Drama came with me. They were scared. All the sudden the bedroom door opened. Pig Pen started screaming and ran into the corner. When I looked up there was my neighbor with a sheet and the "MaMa's" picture in front of it. I seriously almost wet my pants laughing so hard! It's all fun and games till "Mama" shows us who runs this house!!!!

After this I went downstairs and saw the guest book on the counter. I don't usually read what other guest write but I was curious. Big mistake...before bed!!!! I started to read story after story about strange things that happened to these guest in this house. One person wrote about how they were there at Xmas. Two of their gifts disappeared. I wonder what was in those gifts that "mama" wanted. What does a ghost do with gifts???? Then someone talked about a cold breeze that came through the house with no windows or doors open. We did feel a cool breeze once while there. Todd went upstairs to find a door opened that we didn't open. Yes, you can totally insert creepy music. Another talked about lights flickering. Another talked about their face being touched while sleeping. Another talked about strange noises and shadows. Someone else saw a lady walking around at night. I had to shut the stupid book. Wondering if people were making shit up to scare other guest. But then there was the iPhone and the TV thing. I was freaked out for sure.

Everyone went to bed. I was not about to sleep in that red room. Pig Pen was asleep on the sofa. I decided to sleep on the sofa with him. The dog was walking around crying. I let him out and stood by the back door freaked out. The dog disappeared for a while. I was yelling for him.....fearing "Mama" got him and she was about to drag me to the river. Yes, I have an overactive imagination. The dog finally came back. I couldn't shake my creepy feeling. I tried to lay down on the sofa. I closed my eyes not wanting to open them. The dog still cried, that did not help me!  At one point I thought I was going to hyperventilate. I feared "Mama" was pissed that we poked fun at her even more than the night before. She was going to show me! I feared all those dead people pictures eyes were going to move if I looked at them. I feared the non working organ was going to start playing. I fought with myself. Saying things like "Your 43 are you really acting like a scared child"?  I heard strange things. But I didn't dare open my eyes! I feared "Mama" was walking on the ceiling like in that scary commercial. I laid there forever over thinking everything I heard and read.

I think I finally fell asleep. Or at least I thought I did. I thought I woke up because the room looked the same. Someone was over me touching my face. Have you ever been in that sleep where you don't know if your asleep or dreaming???? I'm still on the fence. I'm not sure if I dreamed that or if someone really touched my face. In the morning a strange thing happened. There was a table with four chairs outside the kitchen. When we were packing up I noticed one chair was moved. It was moved right outside the haunted room. As if someone sat in it and watched that room in the night. Oh yes, insert that creepy music for sure. I'm so glad we were leaving. I had a creepy feeling all morning!

On the way home Hub's who is not a believer of ghost says.."That house freaked me out". He says he got a weird feeling in there! This started a conversation. Cole asks us about dead people. He says..."Why aren't those dead people in heaven??". I say.."I think some people get lost cause they don't want to let go". He says.."Do we decide if we want to go to heaven or haunt people??". I say.."I'm not sure only God knows". He says.."I think I may want to haunt people". I say.."Don't you think that would get boring?". He says.."Not really". I think it might be fun to haunt people too!!!!! At least a few for a while...but after that I totally want to go to heaven!!!

1 comment:

Shari said...

That sounds like it would have been a cool house! Of course I love all the ghost stories stuff.