Monday, June 27, 2011

The Beverly Hillbillies


So I finally got to packing! Most organized I might add. It does suck to pack for three boys, a dog, and I. I should let them pack for themselves but then I would just end up shopping for shit they forgot. Totally doing them and their future wives an injustice. Lazy on my part for sure.


I sent Blake and Cole on the plane with my brother. This will just make a more peaceful ride for me! All about keeping Mama happy and Grumps for that matter. These guys took off Saturday around five. Grumps flew in at the same time so we did the trade off. Now Grumps and I did have that evil thought of staying behind! We would pretty much have my house to ourselves and sit poolside all day. But who doesn't want to live like a Mexican once in their life time? No offense to anyone Mexican out there!


Kerry, Kerry, quite quantrary. How does your garden grow??? Got an ass load of veggies just when I was ready to go! I did take some with me to Chicago and we ate them tonight in a salad.


We headed out Sunday morning at 8:10. The target time was 8:00. Not bad at all. Aidan and Ziggy spent a lot of the trip sleeping. There was NO fighting or bickering the whole way. It's amazing when you remove two how much smoother your trip can be.


Sleeping again! This is almost bliss! We decide to roll in Rolla, MS. This is about 12 hours into our trip. Our trip with NO, "He's touching me's, he won't share the ipod, I don't want this movie, or he won't share the snacks." OMG, shout out to all you one child people! Y'all don't know how good ya have it!


Once we check into the Best Western Aidan takes a shower and takes over the TV. I'm sleeping at 11pm, don't think I have done this in ten years!

We head out Monday morning into a storm. Grumps has done much of the driving. He drives us through a bad ass storm. I do have to say I have the greatest Dad ever even if he can be Grumpy at times. The fact that he flies down to road trip with me is awesome. We get into Chicago at 3:00pm on Monday. Now Kelly...aka..Twisted Sister is mad at me. While writing this I'm listening to Blake try to get a girl to say something to him. I don't know what but he keeps saying things like why don't you want to tell me, how can you tell me you want to say something and not say it. Hello Blake you better get used to it that is how girls your age are.


Let me set the scene in the house for everyone. We pull up Twisted sister is in the middle of moving all her shit back into my Mom and Dad's house. I have nowhere to go with my stuff. Later that night we are all around a very crowed dinner table. Five adults, four grandkids, and dogs. Well truth be told only my dog is here now. Two more large dogs will surface tomorrow. You can't turn around anywhere in the house without having someone in your face. The house resembles an episode of hoarders. Anyway back to the dinner table. We are at the overcrowded dinner table, the broken dryer is going in the background and it is LOUD. We are deciding where all these people will sleep for the next five weeks. The tension is already high in this house. I suggest a tent in the backyard. Kelly says her friend may have an air mattress we can borrow.
My thought is....where do we put this air mattress in this already overcrowded house???? The roof maybe! The Golden Child has a roomy room all to herself......No hard feelings here! I say...Who do you think will be the first to crack?????? Dad already cracked a little when Twisted sister moved a sand table in. Mom...aka...Debbie suggested to Dad...aka...Grump that he move his cd cabinet out. Grumps says....What about that cabinet that has a bunch of ceramic Roosters????? Debbie says....when is the last time you used one of those CD's???? Grumps says....When is the last time one of those Roosters said cock a doodle do????? Grumps argues the point that he has very little space in this house already. All I can think is....where are the cameras? We could be a reality show's dream.

The conversation switches to I need to teach my dog to eat at a certain time since this is how Twisty's dogs eat. Twisty tells me my dog won't get to eat if I leave his food out all day for him. Debbie comes up with yet another token Debbie Downer story. Kelly is telling Debbie that there is a national shred day coming up at the end of July. Debbie in her oh so Debbie response says......What if the shred people go through your stuff???? WAAAAA, WAAAAAA. WAAAAAA! Kelly and me end up running into each other trying to go to the bathroom. She tells me that the pants she's wearing make her look like she has camel toe. I say....I was thinking that all day but didn't want to tell you because I know your having a bad day. We both laugh!


l
Grumps informs us we are not allowed to use his computer. The house is LOUD and we are all here. It is the first night. Debbie asks me if Hub's misses us. Before she gets that all out Grumps is laughing his ass off. He says are you kidding...he has it made. Have to agree with the Grump on this one.



Cole here is trying to make Ella feel better about bed time. Twisty is a strict one no lazy parenting here for sure. Girl has to go to bed. Since Grumps knows I blog he says he is not saying anything for the next few weeks in fear he will make the blog. All I have to say is if you can't poke fun at the ones you love who can you poke fun at? They are the only ones that still have to love you and still have to talk to you. I kind of feel like the Beverly Hillbillies....truth be told I feel like a pack of Mexicans but I don't want to offend any Mexicans. I pride myself on being a non-prejudice person for sure. Even though the next five weeks are going to be stressful, going to get ugly at times, and going to be crowded for sure; I can't imagine anything else I would rather be doing. Damn it evil thoughts get out of my head...I really can't imagine my life without these people. Holy shit just went potty and all these people's shit in one bathroom is crazy! BTW, Kelly ghost checked this for me so any mess ups are on her! Just sayin! Posted by Picasa

No comments: