Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Awards!

I went to an end of year awards ceremony for Blake. He wanted me to drive him to school that morning. That would put me at the school 30 minutes before the ceremony started. I said I would if he would sit with me until the awards thing started. I didn't really want to sit in the gym by myself. Did he sit with me???? HELL NO, he acted like he didn't even know me.






The kids always get a fitness gram a few times a year. I knew Blake has changed over night but I surprised to see it on paper. He has grown four inches and put on ten pounds since X-mas. He also went from 17% body fat to 8%. I'm telling my Mom...aka...Debbie Downer this on the phone. All the sudden she is like there's a disease boys can get if they grow too fast. She's trying to tell me the name I think it started with an O. She asks me if his legs are hurting him....Laugh out loud. As if he has this disease. She blows me away, I wonder how she knows every freak disease out there. Well she does pay medical claims for the last 100 years. I love when I laugh at her and her response is always......well it could happen. I can just hear the WHAAAAA, WHAAAA, WHAAAAAA, in my head. So I google it out of curiosity. First I put in "disease caused from growing too fast". Nothing really comes up to support her claim. Next I google diseases that start with "O". There is a lot of "O" diseases but I didn't read one that said anything about growing too fast. At this point I just wonder who is the person in charge of naming diseases????? Could they make them any harder to pronounce???? I'm going to give this one more shot. I type in "disease caused from rapid growth". I click on the first web page. It says.....very slow or very fast growth can sometimes signal gland problems. Doesn't really sound like a disease to me. It says....in Adults it can cause acromegaly, which makes hands, feet, and heads larger than normal. I call bullshit...Debbie! Boy I'm going to be in trouble when she reads this.


After I try to find that non disease that Debbie scared me about. I am prompted to google "Large heads". First thing I come across says......Being a fathead has it's compensations. Scientist have discovered people with large heads do better in the twilight of their years. WTF. is the Twilight of our years???? Is it when were old and tired???? Then I come across a "Blogger" who blogs about his large head. Next there is this on line almost support group for large headed people. They all post stories about their woos (Spelling?)of having a large head. They even post their head measurements on there. I love the one guy that just plainly says....I have a giant fuckin melon and that's that. Anyway I'm sure I have bored the shit out of you with all this large head talk.




Today I am having one of those most annoying "Fat days". Wondering if dudes get these too. My friend dropped off some dry roasted pumkin seeds. Swears it cleans your system out. We will see.

So my friend just called. This is a prime example of how our kids make giant asses out of us. Yesterday Blake was going to an end of the year party. He called at 7 and said he may spend the night. I was on my way to a movie night party in the hood. I tell him let me know pretty quick if your staying. He says.....Why??? what's the difference......because the world does revolve around his head ya know. I say I would like to drink a beer but if I have to drive to get you I'm not going to. So back to my friend calling. My friend was at a game today and some of the other Mom's were laughing about my conversation with Blake last night. Now don't get me wrong they were not shit talking or judging they were really laughing.....Thank God. So apparently Blake got off the phone and announced to the Mom's I need to let my Mom know fast because if it gets any later she will be too drunk to drive! Seriously???????? No wonder I have some haters out there.....it's my kids fault! Talk about being thrown under the bus. That damn song, "and the wheels on the bus go round and round" is running rapidly through my head right now.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: