Friday, June 24, 2011

Doing anything but packing!

Here is Aidan....aka the paper genius hard at work. This is really starting to wear on me. But who am I to stop a genius at work. Someday I will be rewarded for all these paper shenanigans.



I went to work and put Blake in charge....this is what I came home to. How hard is it to throw something away or shut a cabinet. I swear if I left these guys home for a week they could single handily tear down my house one brick at a time.




We have these Guinea hens that live by our house. They just had babies. Cutest thing ever. Here I am trying to catch a picture of them. They are running away and barking like dogs at me. Maybe it's because one of our neighbors tries to run them over when they get in her way.





Got my windows washed today. The man and his wife worked on the windows for nine hours. They did the inside and outside. As I'm writing this I'm trying to count how many windows we have....28. Most of which are floor to ceiling ones. We have 12 foot ceiling in the downstairs. Now we have never had this done in the four years we have lived here. They look amazing...I see dead birds in our future. If you live in the Austin area his name is Richard 512-291-9151. He only charged 175.00. When he was leaving he said...God bless you and Thank you so much for the business...my family really needs it. Wow, is all I have to say. I wouldn't want to wash windows all day in this TX heat for that little bit of money. When you think about it that is less than ten dollars an hour between the two of them. Now I want to go out and promote this guy and get him as many jobs as I can. It's nice to come across a really genuinely nice and honest person.



There is a story behind this picture. That blue blurb is Blake. He has four boys over and four girls over. This is me taking a picture as I spy behind this bush. I know what your thinking......GET A LIFE. I do scare myself sometimes but I want to make sure there are no shenanigans going on especially at my house. Maybe I was hoping to get a good blog story out of it too. Pretty boring....I think I might be more exciting than these guys.





This is a paper Boat that Aidan made.....pretty impressive right???? This is why I buy tons of paper and tape. I need to keep these creative juices flowing. Even if some times I come around the corner to a paper mess and want to yell FUCKKKKKKKKKK at the top of my lungs!











Kerry, Kerry, quite contrary.....how does your garden grow?????






Got a seven foot sunflower.......how the fuck is that for girl power????






Shit as I wrote this...I am thinking about my Dad...aka...the Grump reading this. He has a zero tolerance policy for cussing. Sorry Grumps! Maybe though I like to cuss so much because of your zero tolerance policy. See so it's your fault...nothing is ever mine. Now I am going to stay with him for the next five weeks, I should watch the shit talking. Speaking of cussing. I have this notebook that I write down key words in. These words are reminders of what I want to blog about. Though sometimes this back fires on me. I can't remember what the key word meant...getting old sucks. So tonight I was looking in my notebook before I was going to write. I come across the word SHIT in big letters, I didn't write this. I call the little guys in. I flash the notebook with the SHIT word on the page. I can tell right away that Aidan looks suspect. I say...I'm going to give you two one chance to tell who wrote this before I check my handy dandy secret cameras. Cole right away says...wasn't me. Aidan says....I can't remember what I have done this week. I say....really Aidan I think your nose is growing. He grabs his nose and his eyes get really large. He kind of looks like a deer in headlights. I say....GOT YA! He just does his little Charlie Brown line smile. I love that fact the the secret cameras get them every time. Just wondering how much longer I can ride this train.




So today I was supposed to be packing for my five week trip to Chicago. When I say packing that means packing for me and three kids. Where the fuck is my clone. I can't do it my lame brain won't let me concentrate. I want to do anything but pack. Why can't I be one of those super motivated people????Sometimes I want to wake up a totally different person. Like the girl that is on top of her shit, perfect Mom, totally motivated, likes to work out, eats right, lives right, great friend, good listener, yada, yada, yada. This kind of sounds like a dating service add...SCARY. Lets just say I'm still packing.





My garden has come a long way. The sad thing is now I'm getting tons of veggies and I am leaving for five weeks. Story of my life. I guess I'm going to hit my neighbor Erin up to take of the garden while I'm gone. She loves to cook and can take all the veggies while I'm gone. I hate to see all my hard work go to waste.










So while trying to do anything but pack today I run up to the new CVS. I come across this....it's a book. The title is...Living successful with screwed up people. I buy it for my up coming 20 hour road trip. So I might have screwed up these people I live with. At least I'm trying to fix them. I'm laughing because this picture of me looks like I have been rode hard and put away wet. It ain't from any 30 year boyfriend either, it's from these people I live with.











I got an E-mail from the Mighty Dad's website. They have nominated my blog as the best new Mom blog to read this year. They will be promoting my blog all next month on their site. This makes me laugh a little because my blog can be slightly male bashing. Remember I live in a male driven house...no judging please! I started this blog for my kids....My twisted sister got me into it. BTW, her super funny blog has fallen by the waste side lately. Kelly...step up your game. This blog for me is also a way for all these crazy thoughts to get the hell out of brain. Sometimes I feel like there is an evil twin talking to me constantly. Hello padded cell...My name is Kerry. Anyway thank you to everyone who reads this shit. It makes my mommy ass not feel so invisible to the world. I know my spelling, grammar, and run on sentences suck. Sometimes things don't make sense because I think my brain is ahead of my typing. Truth be told I'm too lazy to proof read. Sometimes I re read the next day and go WTF! A ghost writer is needed for sure.











Final thoughts of my day...thinking I'm going to marry all the half drank Gatorade's in my house. I will put them in bottle tell the kids it's a new flavor and serve it to them. Evil laugh!!!!!! While packing I realize I have too many clothes and shoes....sad I wish I had the money back. Cut myself off of Dr OZ once again.....freaking out that I don't shit "S" shaped poops.











Tomorrow Blake and I are headed to a former Dripping Springs Mom's funeral. This was a huge shock to me. Blake came down the other day and said his friends Mom was in a car wreck and wasn't expected to make it. As soon as he said this I thought about the Mom who I knew and I have sat with at Choir concerts, sporting events, and have had a beer with at the NUT. She has been at my house we have talked over a DR. pepper at McDonald's about how our kids drive us nuts. As soon as I heard this tears overwhelmed me. She had dropped her daughter off at camp that morning. she was headed in to help at the school she worked at. Someone came into to her lane and hit her head on. She died the next day. Blake knew her better than me. He is a kid that shows little emotion at his age but this hit him hard. He has come down several times to tell me how cool this Mom was. Sad thing is I know that. I remember the first time I met her. She came into my house while dropping her daughter off to hang out with some other girls. It was her and her husband, they were headed out for date night. They seemed like that blissfully happy married couple, unfortunately you don't see that much anymore. My heart is broken for her family. She has a girl that is Blake's age and a younger boy. I think kids really need their Mom when they are young. It makes me sadder than I can say that this lady that always had a smile on her face is gone. I have woken up the last three days with pure anxiety in my chest. This to me is pure heartbreak. I can't even imagine what this family is going through.




Posted by Picasa

No comments: