Sunday, March 27, 2011

Veggie garden

See how beautiful this bush is. It's much prettier in person. It only blooms a few weeks out of the year. The rest of the year it is just a big overgrown bush. I love it, Hub's not so much. He likes really well manicured landscape. I like a more of a cottage feel. He always tells me it reminds him of a seventies bush if ya know what I mean. All I have to say is my seventies bush now has flower power. The funniest part about this story is Aidan told my Brother that this bush is from the seventies. Which goes to show you your children are always listening even if you think their not. It just makes me wonder how many times they will tell me they learned something from watching me. Or God forbid they say something from listening to me. Hello padded cell.....my name is Kerry!
I think maybe he likes the seventies bush with flower power. There he is enjoying a beer looking at it.
I had to put this picture on here. I just love this Dog, what a sweet picture.
Blake had another track meet this week.
He did awesome. There were eight schools in this meet. He came in forth place for pole vaulting out of about 30 kids.
Hub's filled our veggie garden with dirt this weekend.
After four soccer games on Saturday Aidan and I headed out for veggies. My neighbor Greg was talking to me from over the fence. Our crazy ass neighbor on the other side was standing there staring at us from his porch with his hands on his hips. He does this often. All the sudden he turns music up so loud it's like a damn concert. I know he did this on purpose since Greg and I were trying to talk. He is blasting Christan music. This to me is ironic since he acts far from Christan to any of his neighbors. Since he is still staring over at me I have this urge to start dancing around my yard to his music just to annoy him. So that's exactly what I do! I look like a complete asshole but it is so worth annoying the crap out of him.
Aidan wanted to get this little bird for the garden. His name is Doo Doo Bird, I kind of like that.
Cole wants to help in the garden too. As much as this was supposed to be my baby I have to let them help. That little voice of reason that only pops up once in a while tells me it will help them grow into better men. I have mixed emotions about all the in my face stuff with these too. Now Blake wants nothing to do with me ever. He only wants my money and to be fed. Is there no in between for God's sake????
So they plant and I go behind them and have to re plant a few things.
Aidan is getting ready for bed tonight. He says I laid my clothes out for tomorrow and tomorrow, tomorrow. I laugh and say what you mean is tomorrow and the next day.




This week was filled with getting Blake to his way too early track practices and getting Aidan and Cole to soccer practices. We also got haircuts this week. While there Cole goes first. Aidan is second. While Aidan is getting his haircut Cole is singing country music songs for the lady. I'm sitting on the sofa at her place trying to enjoy a magazine. She is making a big deal about Cole being so entertaining and funny. Now when someone eggs Cole on he takes it and runs with it. He always ends up taking it a bit too far. He sits down next to me and starts digging in my purse. He ends up putting my raspberry colored lipstick on and then proceeds to sing some more for the lady and of course dance around. This is one of those moments where I'm telling Cole to knock it off and it just keeps getting worst and worst. I say something about how his Dad would fall over if he saw him acting like this. The next thing I know the lady is telling me a story about a friend of hers that had this son that everyone always knew the kid was gay except the Dad. She tells me how he is grown now and living very happily gay and no one has judged him for it. Now I have nothing against gay men I love me some gay men to tell you the truth. I have no problem if one of my children ends up gay. The sad thing is I don't think Cole did this because he has gay tendencies. He did this because he is the middle child who is staved for attention. another Mom of the year moment for me. Oh the guilt a Mother carries. So I walk out of there slightly embarrassed and half ass laughing at the story she felt the need to tell me. I only wish I could have been a fly on the wall after we left the building.





Later in the week I pick up Blake early from school for an eye appointment. I enjoy the ride there because he is stuck talking to me. Now his phone did not beep at it's normal all time speed since his friends were still in school. We went to the eye place at Walmart. He picked out these awful glasses that I guess are in style. We get a giant slim Jim after were done. While driving home he tells me there is 290 calories in this sucker! I wish he hadn't told me this, ignorance is bliss! Later that night he comes down from his Fort Knox's type room. He is getting food of course. I'm sitting at the island going through some stuff. He puts is phone down at the end of the island. While he has his head in the fridge complaining that there is nothing to eat in the fridge that so packed with food you can't fit anything else, his phone beeps. It's funny we both look at each other and then we both look at the phone. Next we both dive for the phone at once. I get it! He is chasing me around while I try to read his text. I read it and it is BORING! I have better text than him. I hand it back and say......BORING! He just looks at me as if I have three heads.





My friend on the corner invited Blake and I to go to the movies Friday night. Her daughter is Blake's age and they are very good friends. Today she called me and said her daughter is bringing three more girlfriends. I tell her I will see if Blake wants to bring a friend so he is not the only guy. I tell Blake whats going on. He tells me he already knows this. Of course he does, he knows everything. I ask him if he wants to invite anyone. He tells me no way this is every guys dream.





I'm still here trying to get rid of unwanted belly fat. Talking to it and asking it to go away is still not working. I thought about getting it sucked out. I know from other people that have had it done that it comes back. It comes back in other places. My fear is that I will end up with a third breast right above my belly button eventually. So I suck it up and do 100 crunches. Which by the way is giving me ZERO results so far! I KNOW, I KNOW, I can hear what your thinking....DIET! I HATE THAT WORD.

No comments: