Monday, March 21, 2011

I survived another Spring Break road trip

It's been a while since my last blog entry. It's because I have been on a road trip with these people I live with plus a few others. We headed out of Austin March 12 to New Mexico. We did the same trip last year. I have to say this is not my favorite trip. We were going skiing which might just be my least favorite trip. What's wrong with a beach trip????? You pack half the amount of clothes. All you have to worry about is sunscreen, cocktails, and sharks. I spent the night before scrambling to pack. I had all week. Hub's kept telling me to get it done so morphed into that little kid that does not like to be told what to do. I only hurt myself of course. I didn't get to bed till two am. We got on the road at 1:30 on Friday. Right before we left I saw that Hub's had thrown away this tree costume that I had made Aidan for a book report. He has a really bad habit of throwing things away before checking with anyone. So we get in the car I kind of feel like I'm settling in for sixteen hours of farts, burps, and "are we there yets". Were about an hour into the trip and I ask Hub's if he put the tree costume somewhere safe. He looks over at me and says.....I think so WHY? I say Aidan has to do a second presentation when he gets back(totally lying). He plays it cool and says....I put it in the laundry room. LIAR, LIAR, is what I want to say. I say nothing because I know now I have put him in a panic. I'm just trying to teach him a lesson.
On this trip Aidan was the equivalent to one of those tennis ball return things. I felt like he kept pinging me with balls. It first started out he was hot then he was cold, hot again, cold again, and so on and so on. Then Blake kept announcing every time he farted which was quite a bit. Cole was in the car behind us and Blake's friend was driving with us. Hub's of course had his ear phones on tuning us all out. At 3:45 I got the first....."How long have we been in this car" question. It's Aidan of course. 3:46 I got I'm starving....Aidan of course. Me NO response. 3:47.....I said I'm hungry. I can literally feel the balls hitting the back of my head. 3:48....How long till we get to the hotel??????? POW, POW, POW! 4:06....I never got lunch, mind you they got lunch before we left. 4:15....I can't find my socks and my feet are cold, POW, POW, POW! 4:17....I'm really starving. 4:18....I say eat some damn chips. 4:19....Aidan.....I don't like those chips. Me....EAT a donut. Blake looks up from his text message marathon and says....he had his share of donuts the rest are for Will and me. I hear this little OHHH, UGH, OHH, UGH, HUFF, PUFF, coming from Aidan. I ignore him. A few minutes later there is a little mumbling coming from the back. Aidan of course. I'm still ignoring him thinking in my head.....I can't hear you, I can't hear you. I can't take it any more so I yell....If you don't be shush up you will not ski! I tell him I have no problem sitting at the house with him while everyone goes but him. Does he shut up.....Hell NO! He tells me he is starving and starts to cry. My head is starting to hurt from all the balls that have pinged me in the back of the head in the last hour. This might just be the worst child in the world to drive with. 4:27...a little cry comes from the back of the car......BUT I WANT TO SNOWBOARD. I yell.......Then quit complaining back there. 4:29.....Aidan says....What movie are we watching next?????? We haven't even finished the one he is watching. I really want to scream as loud as I can to release some of this boiling blood! All I can think is WHY did I have kids. I imagine myself on a beach not looking road hard and put away wet with my millionaire boyfriend and NO kids.
4:38 we make our first stop. Oh the "ALLSUP'S" every time I stop in one of these the bathroom always has the aroma of some truckers last road side meal. 4:54 back on the road again. Armed with snacks and lotto tickets! I pushed Aidan into our car and I ran and got in my friend Ashley's car! I'm free! Somehow Aidan ended up in Ashley's car with us....WTF! How did this happen. I think Hub's had something to do with this.
The line for the bathroom was so long that a few of these people ran next door to Pizza Hut to drop the kids off at the pool. While traveling with Ash I realize she is a much better travel companion than Hub's. We talk about how it sucks getting old and how we have to do something before bathing suit season. Hub's just doesn't enjoy talking about this kind of crap. I read magazines while she drives and I give her little tidbits of what I'm reading about. One interesting thing I read was Elvis's doctor claims he died of extreme constipation not heart failure. Me personally I think he is full of shit! HAHA! Winnie from the wonder years is 35 years old! Who knew, now I feel real old. How could Winnie be 35???
I'm telling Ashley what a pain in the ass Aidan has been during this trip. He of course acts like an angel now.
While reading my magazines I see there is a book out with a dog named "Oogy". The word Oogy just makes me laugh out loud. When I was a kid my mom....aka...Debbie had a name for everything. Oogy was her name for Vagina. She used to tell me to make sure I washed my Oogy when I would take a bath. Thank God I still take pride in having a clean Oogy. My Hub's thanks you Debbie. I will never forget when I was about ten. My favorite show was Different Strokes. Arnold had a dream that the "Oogy" monsters were chasing him. I remember this moment as if it was yesterday. I was sitting there horrified that Vagina's with arms and legs were chasing him. I yelled for Debbie..........MOM, MOM, Arnold is being chased by Oogies! She then had to tell me that I really had a Vagina and not and Oogy. I kind of like Oogy better so I still refer to mine as an Oogy.
We finally pull into Angel Fire.....all that's running through my head is that most annoying Barry Manolo song.....ya know the one....."Looks like we made it". I'm just Thankful to get out of the car with these people!
My Mom...aka...Debbie bought the kids these cute Tiger hats! Don't think I didn't sport this hat on the slopes a time or two. The story behind them is their school mascot is a tiger.
So we are finally here! We got down to the ski lodge to get our lift tickets for the am. We learned from last year to get them the night before to avoid the long lines.
We head out to dinner. I walk in and tell the guy we have a party of fourteen. He looks at me and says....are they all here? Me....I say...No but they will be in the next two minutes. He tells me...I can't seat you all together. Me.....That's fine I don't want to sit with the kids anyway. I walk outside to get everyone. When I come back the guy points to three tables. The one table will fit all the kids, this is perfect. He has two more table that seat three people each. Now as much as I would love a girl table and a boy table, I ask the guy if we could push these two tables together. At first he is like No! I tell him the adults would like to sit together. He frickin rolls his eyes at me as if I'm asking for something un realistic. I'm thinking to myself....Seriously Dude???? We have three families about to drop a fortune on overpriced food and drinks and it's a problem to sit together. Mind you they are not busy. So everyone sits down and I'm giving the adults the short version to what happened. One of the guys looks over at this guy who is now clearly shit taking us to another employee. He calls him over and asks if there is a problem. The guy walks over and says...No problem. My friend asks if we could move to the next table that would fit us more comfortable. The guy flat out says....NO! His response is I would think you would want to be next to your kids so you could watch them. Alright I get that but we are not traveling with a bunch of toddlers, the youngest is eight. So we suck this awesome customer service up and probably get food with the guys spit in it. Might not be the worst thing I ever put in my mouth. All I can think is where did good customer service go????
Now Blake has become un recognizable to me lately not because of his know it all personality but because he does not look like the same kid he did a few months ago. It really freaks me out. Every time he speaks in that low voice. He hit puberty and his hair color changed, his voice changed, and his body changed. It's sad how fast that happened. I will have to post a picture of him from last years ski trip he really looks like a different person. I find myself calling his cell phone to listen to his baby voice since he has not changed his message. I can't believe I have a little man now. Mind you a man who thinks I know nothing and he knows all. I can't wait till he has kids of his own.
Blake is super excited to get on the slopes. Now he snowboards on double black diamonds which scares the piss out of me.
First day on the slopes! The gang is ready to go.
Love this picture, my legs look skinny. I don't know how or why but I'll take it!
The mountains are so beautiful. This is turning out alright kind of! Ski trips are a lot of work plus expensive. Kids are constantly losing their gloves and crap. The best part about it is the kids and Hubby's are worn out when we get home at night! Now you know what I mean right??????
Blake and his friend have a blast. Alright so it may be worth it to see how much fun they are having. Even though I can't help but think all this money could have put me in the shop. I could have totally had this un wanted belly fat sucked right out. When my kids read this later in life I hope they know they owe me one.
I'm the official picture taker for this trip. That and the official bloody Mary tester.
The next day we are at that same great restaurant. The kids are all skiing. My girlfriends and I decide to get some junk food and some bloody Marys. My friend Ashley asks the waitress for extra olives. The girl looks at her and says....this is not a snack bar. Another fine example of customer service has gone to shit.
So I'm behind as I said earlier on this. It is really March 26th. We are in fact back to reality which means the kids are back in school. This makes Mama very happy. I am back on my workout phase which never seems to work out for me. I did do good the last two days. Ask me next week and we will see. So Aidan asks me last night if I thought his teacher was hot. I was taken back a bit. I told him I did not really approve of an eight year old referring to a women as hot. That is unless it is 105 outside. He says...well do you???? I say Yes I think your teacher is very pretty. I tell him "Pretty" is a better way to describe "hot" at his age. He tells me Blake thinks his teacher is hot. This is a prime example of why the last one is screwed! Too much too soon! So the kids get home from school, they are in the driveway playing basketball. I settle in for some shit TV, mind you I did work out today! Aidan walks in just as the Miami housewivies are picking out a pig to roast. He looks at me and says.....why do you watch this???? All I'm thinking is he sounds just like Hub's! I say...I like it! He looks at me and says......How would you feel if you were that pig they were about to roast???? I tell him actually I feel like that pig often. He tell's me things like this are the reason he will never harm animals!
Anyway still here in LaLa land waiting to win big on the lotto! Sorry once again for bad grammer and miss spellings! Too tired to proof read.
Oh totally forgot the guys were out having a cold one. My friend was in the shower with the window open and totally caught them shit talking us! Men suck, just sayin!
Last picture, can you find the DOG in this picture?????????

No comments: