Sunday, March 27, 2011

The drive home

We are finally leaving the mountains at eight am Thursday morning. I slept like shit the night before. I always do before we are going on a road trip. The kids are in a less than in perfect mood as well. Oh road trips are so much fun. Aidan is going in my friends car so that is a huge relief.
After about six hours on the road I finally start to doze off into a deep sleep. I may just be dreaming of the Vampire. That is until Hub's wakes me up to tell me the car is about to break down. For real???? Don't know why I surprised by this. This car has been nothing but problems. Which goes completely against the saying....you get what you pay for. We sure didn't get what we paid for in this luxury SUV. Hub's and I get into a fight about this. I told him not to take this car on a road trip. He said it would be fine. I look over at him and he is drinking "Smart Water". I just can't help myself it's like this little snotty kid emerges from me. I look over at him and say....Why do you drink that stuff???? He looks at me and says....because I'm thirsty. I say well don't waste your money on that "Smart Water" because it ain't working. He looks over at me as if I am that lady with snakes coming out of my head. I kind of am right now but that's besides the point. There is a lot more background to this story and why I'm mad. No need to really go into all the dirty details. Let's just say I was right.
This whole car thing pretty much chaps my ass. Remember last year I was on the side of the road with this car on the way to Chicago with Grumps. Over the few years that I have owned this 2006 Infinity SUV it has had a number of things go wrong. First it was a leak in the transmission, then the break booster, Condensation in the headlights, Window broke not once but three times, the fuel pump went out, and now the catalytic converters went south. None of these things should have ever been an issue on a car like this this soon. I'm more than frustrated to say the least. Infinity has been less than helpful. They pretty much told us the car is a lemon and they have lost money on this deal. They gave us the big middle finger when it came to paying for this last problem. A problem that should never even be in issue in a car that's barely five years old. I guess they don't stand behind their product when they build you a lemon. For as bad as the economy is there sure is not great customer service out there. Bottom line is I'm shopping for a new car for sure. I've had all I can take with this one.
Since we were traveling with two other families we piled into their cars with all our stuff so our car could be towed. We headed to my friend Ashley's families ranch to spend a few days and wait for the car to get fixed once again.
This used to be my kitty. He showed up at our door a few years ago in Austin. He ended up staying with us for about eight months. Since Hub's and I are both allergic to cats we found him a new home. I'm thinking I should have went to this new home, screw the cat. He went to my friends parent's ranch where he basks in the sun by the pool all day. I bet he drinks a cocktail or two as well. I'm totally jealous. The kids were so excited to see him. I remember the day I told them that Ashley's mom was taking them to the farm. I remember thinking when they got older they would think I really took him to the farm. Ya know the farm that your parents used to tell you your pets went too. The Farm....aka....pet cemetery. You always have that one friend that has the all time worst "FARM" story. One that comes to mind is a friend of mine thought her pet rabbit went to the "FARM" but it really went to her dinner table!!!! Who does that????
The sunset on the ranch was beautiful. I'm trying to figure out how I can fake my death and live happily ever after in one of the houses out here. Gosh I would miss so much though. All the cleaning, grocery shopping, cleaning the same shit I just cleaned, driving to practices, cleaning again, repeating myself 500 times, cleaning the same old shit, finding other people's things, cooking stuff people tell me taste gross, going to games from the am to the pm every Saturday, driving people to the mall, breaking up fights, handing out money, cleaning more and more shit, and so on and so on. Just call me that little gerbil in the wheel.
While checking Blake's facebook page I tell Hub's that one of his Blake's friends posted he is single. Hub's response......Should I be scarred that you read this stuff and give a crap????? Maybe! Hello padded cell......my name is Kerry!



Speaking of padded cells. I had the strangest dream this week. I always like to take a nap after I push my kids out the door in the morning. I dream the most vivid dreams. Usually I'm young single with no kids. Oh and I'm always deeply in love with some dude I have never seen before. Isn't crazy how real a dream can be and how real your emotions are in them. Anyway I always dream about my Grandparent's house. I even did this before they passed away. It's always something different going on but their house is always where I'm at. So I was dreaming I was at their house. They were both there and very much alive. In my dream I knew they were supposed to be dead but I was so happy to see them. My Grandparents had this little TV room in their house that we used to hang out in. The next thing I know I was hanging out in there with my boyfriend that I am crazy in love with. This guy just happens to be Jake Gyllenhall. It's funny because I have never even had a crush on him. I have been loyal to my crush on the Vamp. Don't get me wrong I would not throw Jake out of my bed or anything! Sorry Hubs......just compare that statement to lets say.....Eva. No harm in fantasizing about something that will never happen. So anyway I wake up WAY TOO soon, so I thought. Have you ever done that????? Wake up from a dream but your really still in it???? This always creeps me out. I wake up or so I think, I'm laying in my bed and all of the surroundings are the same, even the noise in the room. Ya know usually in dreams something is off. All of the sudden there is this life size guy dressed up like a giant blue bird floating in the air above me, squawking at me, and flapping it's wings. All of the sudden it flies away, I'm watching it the whole time frozen. Then I jerk really hard and really wake up. All I can think is WTF, was that??????

No comments: