Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I hope you enjoyed this, cause I sure didn't.

Cole and Aidan have wanted to sleep in the same room for as long as I can remember. That is until my brother came to stay. When we lived in Frisco they shared a room. When we moved here they got their own rooms. They fear the boogie man in a big way so they think they are better equipped to fight him together. Hub's has a problem with this. Me, I think it's a problem if they are in Junior High and still want to stay together because they fear the boogie man. Last week when it was time to go to bed they both came down complaining about the other one. Aidan says....I want Cole out of my room he drives me crazy. I tell him Joe has his room and he never had a problem before! Now go suck it up. This to me is just another one of the long list of excuses to get out of bed. This is a prime example of why these two are going to owe me their first born. Oh wait, I don't want their first born! A convertible BMW will be just fine for all my troubles. I always go up to check on them before I go to bed. When I went up there Aidan made a pallet on the floor to stay away from Cole. This kind of reminds me of that Brady Bunch episode where Peter and Greg made a line in their room. I can only hope they do not end up like the Brady Bunch boys in their future. Now me loved me some Brady Bunch in my day, I even think I wanted to be one at one point. As adults they all seemed to be a little on the pucked up side! My Puck comment is in respect for my Grump it is not bad spelling this time. You get what I mean though.



So I tried like hell to talk dumb and dumber out of a birthday party. I even offered them 100 dollars each. What's a hundred dollars to a couple of kids that have everything? They think we shit money over here. Last year I made them combine their parties since they were born one day apart. This year they were having no part of that. Now I road that train as long as I could. Like they say "all good things have to come to an end". I decided to take this one by the bull horns and knock it out in one weekend. Why should I puck up two weekends.....one won't kill me right??????








I told Aidan he had Friday to pick what he wanted. I told Cole he had Saturday to pick what he wanted. When they both told me they wanted sleepovers. I about passed out. Don't they know I really don't like kids????? So I brassed myself as they made their list. Aidan only came up with two kids. I felt somewhat more calm. Cole poked fun at the fact that Aidan didn't have many friends. Cole told him.....everyone likes me, I have a much bigger list. As Cole said this I started to feel sick to my stomach. What have I gotten myself into???? What happened to the Mc Donald's parties I always attended as a child??? Sleepovers are for the birds!








Since Aidan had only two kids on his list I had Hub's take them to Main Event for night. When they were about to leave Cole was crying because he wanted to go with them. Aidan was dead set on Cole not going because this was his party. As much as I really do feel his pain I did not want to be saddled with Cole complaining all night. I did everything in my power to bribe Aidan into letting Cole attend the party. This is called.....lazy parenting at it's finest. When Aidan was having no part of what I was saying I sent Hub's in for the kill. Hub's was a rock star and off they all went! I spent my night watching shit TV and baking cupcakes for when they arrived back. They rolled in around 11:30. I feed them the cupcakes, we sang, Aidan cried that Cole was apart of this, and settled in for a movie. Since this party fell on Friday night they passed out ten minutes into the movie. I guess they were tired from school. This to me only meant more shit TV! I was pretty happy with this party.


The next day we had two soccer games. After the soccer games I picked up my brother and we headed to home depot to get the stuff to make a football field in my backyard. This is what Cole has wanted for years! I blame my very, very, good friends Brian and Hillary for doing this party two years ago. NO offence Brian and Hillary...I love you both...but lets not set the bar so high! I finally had to cave, the problem is Cole's party started at six. It gets dark at seven so we had to also purchase outdoor work lights. Since I'm working for a builder I text like crazy to the builder and and sales guy in hopes that I can borrow some outdoor work lights. The sales guy text me back right away that he does not have what I need. I buy some from home depot thinking I will return them the next day. Bad, I know especially from me I fear Karma like a crazy person. Hub's is putting the lights together and decides we could really use one. One of the other Dad's is over and decides he will buy the other from me. So I escaped bad Karma thank God. So Joe my brother made this rock star football field in the back yard.


The boys are having a blast playing night time football. Me I'm thinking I hope they get all their energy out on this field. I do have about nine ten year old ready pull an all nighter. Joe thought it would be funny to put my boyfriend Edward in my bedroom window looking out at them. We thought how long before they would notice him. Well they noticed as soon as I put the lights on. They all ran screaming. And they call themselves football players!




Me LOVE me some VAMP! To me he is the perfect man. The guy who only sees you! He thinks you hung the moon and he can't put out in fear that he will kill you! What more can a girl want???



This is the third cookie cake I made this week. I think I mastered it.




This is a full on shot of the football field Joe made, Dog taking a shit on it might just make it priceless!



Here is Cole....and this picture proves why I call him..DRAMA! This kid will be something big someday, mark my words!


Always the entertainer! Class clown at his best. By the way Cole, when you eventually read this you not only owe me great therapy you also owe me money! So the night was filled with screaming and running, wrestling and taunting. I finally got them in the media room on a movie at 11pm. I called one of my bff's who happens to live three doors down. Hub's and my brother are watching a movie downstairs, the kids are upstairs watching a movie. I tell Hub's I'm going a few doors down to catch up. He is like...Don't leave me with all these kids! I'm like I will be back before their movie ends. Now when you go to this house it's the equivalent of a vampire haven. Everything about this place draws you in. You think your going there for an hour. Good conversation and great times draws you in. You just can't leave...it's hard to explain...but the place sucks you in. Damn it, why do they have to be so much fun??? So I leave my phone on their coffee table. We go outside and start a great conversation. The next thing I know it is 2am. I say shit I have to go. I pick up my phone in the way out. I have not one but four text messages on my phone. The first one is Hub's saying he is going to bed. The second is...you still have five kids awake. I love the YOU still have five kids awake...as if I spawned these kids on my own. Does he get that he produced these life sucking kids as well??? The third is one of the kids is sick. The forth is get your ass home. So I roll into an unhappy Hub's. The sad thing is being a women we have the power to fix that situation really quick. So I use my power to my advantage and all is good!


So I survived the sleepovers! All I have to say is....I hope you enjoyed this, cause I sure didn't. Monday night it's time for the bachelor! I have to laugh at Aidan curled up in a laundry basket in front of the TV. I might just be jealous.

Sibling rivalry. Cole kicks Aidan out of the basket and moves in. I tell you what if my ass could fit in they would all be out!



So Tuesday night we all head to Academy Sports store. OMG, how much of my boot money went to this store. It's sports season once again in the Cavender household. Now when track started I went to the meeting and they said they were only going to be taking the best of the best to the track meets. Me I was thinking Blake..who is a good athlete would not get picked for the best of the best. I thought he would train but not be the one participating. Once again wrong! He happens to be one of the best pole vaulters they have. This to me means 100 dollars worth of track crap. Shoes, these under pants that keep your crap in, and more jeans which happens to have nothing to do with track. The jeans are the fact the kid has grown three inches in a few months. Now we also have Cole and Aidan with us. They have worn out gym shoes in a record amount of time. Aidan needs soccer shoes, I don't know how we don't have a pair on hand since they have all played soccer for years. Bottom line we can't find a pair that fits him. Soccer balls we need because our asshole neighbor won't throw them over the fence. This to me means NO boots again! While driving home I'm having a small argument with Blake about being more responsible and to stop thinking he is entitled to everything. All the sudden Cole has to put his parenting two cents in. I say.....Cole who the hell do you think you are. His response.....I think I'm Cole, who do you think I am???? All I can do at this point is laugh out loud!



Recap of today. Grocery shopped, Laundry, and a little cleaning. Had a hair appointment at 2. Contemplated going from blonde to brunette. I went brunette and my only thought is blonde's have more fun. I ran to Blake's track meet after my hair. I'm so proud of him. He came in first place for pole vaulting. He has always been a good athlete but this is the first time he is the star of the show. It's nice to see that. The girls screaming his name from the sideline was a little freaky for me. I guess that's just the start of the girl thing. I better brace myself. It's going to be a bumpy road as far as girls go. Anywho, fell face first off the workout train today, there's always tomorrow right????

No comments: