Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Wow it's been a while since my last blog entry. It's because I have been cloudy with a chance of Meatballs lately. I'm serious when I say that and I'm not laughing at all. Friday night I hosted a ladies night. The Vamp and the Werewolf stopped by to fight over me again. Of course the Vamp won out hands down. Blake had four middle school boys spend the night. All I have to say about that is.....Hey Universe I need more $$$$$$!
Blake made it to district For pole vaulting. The unfortunate thing was it was over an hour away. I'm adding gas money to the list of things these people owe me. Not to mention emotional distress damages. The garden is coming along nicely. We have had a few strawberries. So they only get to be the size of a dime before they rot out.....who's counting! We have our first little tomato buds and our squash looks like a little turtle heads coming out of it. The herbs are doing the best! We have had a few fights about who's turn it is to water. I only wish they liked to clean the house as much as they like to water.

I had hung one of those tomato topsy turvy????? things on my front porch. It's supposed to grow tomatoes like crazy out of it. I had my brother get it off the porch. We were going to hang it in the garden. We were not surprised there were no tomatoes growing in it. What there was in it were five tiny bird eggs. So we put it back on the front porch so the Mama bird would be able to find it. I was worried that the Mama would not come back since we touched it. I walked out to the porch and stuck my whole face right in the top of this thing to check on the eggs! Dumb I know! The Mama bird flew right up in my face scared the shit out me. Damn, if those secret cameras I say we have everywhere were true I could have been a "you tube" sensation. I screamed, I bounced, I jumped up and down wiping my face off as if a swarm of bees were attacking me. Very dramatic I must say. I looked ridiculous which is really a common thing lately.


I went on a class field trip with Aidan to the Pounder house in Dripping Springs. It was at 9am which means I did not get my morning nap. The things I do for these people. Now the Pounder house is a small ass house pretty much made out of stone and concrete. The Pounder family lived their with their seven children it was built in 1854. When I say it was small it's SMALL. While we toured they talked about how the house had no electricity and no plumbing. Holy crap can you imagine????? Seven kids, No bathroom, no where to get space, growing your food, no TV. I don't know if I would have survived! For some reason I picture myself in one of those God awful prairie dresses wondering around the grounds aimlessly with a kid on my hip and a bottle of booze in my hand. Aidan who is my one child who listens to everything... had his mouth hanging open through the whole tour. He just can't believe kids actually had to work to keep their house running, not to mention the only thing to do in that house for entertainment was piano. The most interesting thing about the tour was the descendants of the Dr Pounder lived in the house till 1983. Yes, with No electricity or plumbing. I wonder what kind of funky stuff they were smokin??? No offence at all to the Pounder Family or Dripping Springs...just a joke. I know how sensitive people can be.
Erckle here placed sixth in the district meet! I don't get the glasses thing at all. I guess I should feel good that he has enough confidence to rock these. Looking back at some of my looks from my youth I don't get either. When I think back to middle school for me the first thing that comes to mind is....."I want my MTV"! My middle school days were the equivalent to bad hair, too much makeup, bad clothes, shoulder pads, high wasted stone washed jeans, and bad first kisses. What was with the layered clothes for girls back then???? I had a skinny ass figure and couldn't even show it off! I was lookin hot back in those days, I kind of resembled Sean Cassidy. I'm serious....I'm going to post a picture later. I loved me some Kirk Cameron back in my day. I think the worst part about that time is all the guys with long hair and makeup!!!!!

Aidan is going to be in a musical this week. The theme is Seussical. I received an E-mail from the school that said he needed to dress up like a Dr Seuss character. I ran around everywhere looking for a big blue wig and some footy red PJ's. With No luck since it is not Halloween time I compromised. I made my own wig and doctored up a plain red t-shirt. I call Aidan down to surprise him with my masterpiece. He tries it on and gets this strange look on his face. I think it's because he doesn't like it. I ask him what's up. He tells me he is supposed to dress like a piece of dust. I think he is pulling that out of his ass because he does not like the master piece I have created. I say......A piece of dust is not a Dr Seuss character. He tells me they are doing Horton hears a who. Well the "WHO" is a piece of dust! For Pucks sake! So I ask him why are you telling me this the night before?????? I have spent two days tracking the perfect get up down. I tell him I'm calling the teacher to tell her he is coming as "THING 2". He looks at me shakes his head and says....please don't...she scares me. Well this means nothing to me everyone and everything scares Aidan. Mark my words he's wearing that outfit!




I titled this post "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" for a reason. It's just how I have felt lately. Cloudy every day and then it seems like a meatball falls from the sky and hits me in the head once in a while. Maybe it's the fact that I broke a mirror the other day and I am cursed with seven years of bad luck. Gosh I sure hope that's not the case. Here's an example of cloudy. I just got the boys Thank you cards in the mail from their B-day today April 14th. Their birthdays were in FebruKerry. Now lets look at a meatball. I went to the bank yesterday to cash a check.
I'm in the drive through. The girl says....Do you have an account with us. I say yes. I give her some more info. She comes back and says....I can't find you. As I'm about to be a smart ass out of the corner of my eye I see a bank of America sign. I bank at Chase! I get that panicky feeling in my stomach and politely ask for my checks back. Cloudy feeling is....when you just finish putting two loads of laundry away. It feels good. That is until you go upstairs to put it all up and come down with another full load. Just a dog chasing my tail. Meatball is....when your second grade child's teacher calls to tell you your kid had to change shirts because is was inappropriate.
Let me just say I didn't dress him that morning and the shirt was not that bad! It said the best things in life are.....Football, parties, and girls. Maybe they should focus more on all the Brittney Spear look alikes....just sayin. No offence once again to any haters. I better go before I say too much. Bye, bye, from LaLa Land! Twisted sister flies in on her broom stick this weekend.....totally looking forward to seeing her and the golden Jerk!

1 comment:

Joe Long said...

Install an in ground sprinkler system in the garden with a ground sensor that senses the dryness of the soil. It will automatically go on when the garden is dry. Then no one will need to water the garden. :-)