Sunday, April 24, 2011

Founders weekend! Whoot, whoot

I look forward to Founders weekend every year. There's a great red neck parade, yummy carnival food, overpriced carnival rides and games, barbecue cook offs, and best of all you can roll your own beer around in a wagon.

Here is our famous Tiger mascot in the parade.

My kids love Founders, they run free all weekend with their friends.



The people watching is not too shabby either. Check out the chick in the black and white tutu.




The parade kicks off at 6:30 on Friday night. Next year I think I'm going to submit a float. I always look forward to the "trophy wife" float. They weren't in it this year though. I hope this doesn't mean they got traded in for younger "Trophy wives".




There is always tractors, pickup trucks, farm animals, and cowboys in this parade.




We drink beer and watch the very entertaining parade.




Mom of the year here let her baby drink too much, soda that is! He passed out by the fire Friday night.




One of Blake's friends was here visiting from our old neighborhood in Frisco TX. If I could arrange a future marriage this would be one of my top picks. Since Blake does exactly opposite of what I say these days. I don't let him in on my future plans. Mama does know best, he just doesn't get that yet!






Blake only checked in with me when he needed more money all weekend! I can't really stand the fact that my baby is growing up so fast. I of course have to spy on him several times during the weekend. Every time I do I find him, I find him with a bunch of girls. I think he is trying to send me to my padded cell before my time. Why can't I have a dorky kid that the girls make fun of???? Is that so much to ask for??? It would make the next few years go a lot smoother for me. It's all about me ya know. After Founders weekend he tells my an eight grade girl kissed him. I'm trying like HELL to play it cool. I am thankful that he still talks to him about this stuff. I want to yell....your too young....stay away from these girls. I walk away from the ledge I'm about to fall off and ask if it was a french kiss. He looks at me like I'm crazy and says NO. OMGOSH, Thank God for small favors.









Every time something like this happens it takes me back to my middle school years at Immaculate Conception. This in it self about puts me back on that ledge. I was boy crazy for sure. I remember my first kiss like it was yesterday. Some of my Catholic school girl friends and I liked to hang out with the public school boys. My first kiss was in seventh grade, with an eighth grade boy. Mine had tongue though. I was awful and awkward. His name was Dennis Best. Sandy, Michelle, Monica, and I were all hanging out in Dennis Best's club house. I remember his friends were pressuring us to kiss. I really didn't want to do it. Not because I didn't want a kiss but because I didn't know what I was doing. I was nervous as hell. Back in that day you couldn't "YOU TUBE" how to french kiss. You were on your own. We went behind this curtain in his club house and sat there forever. His friends kept asking if we were doing it. We finally did it, like I said it was awful and awkward. Later I found out he told his friends I kissed like a fish. I don't know when the hell he ever kissed a fish to know this. All I know I was embarrassed and it seemed like the end of the world. Let me tell you there were no fireworks for me either. I think the worst thing about my first kiss was his shit head friend shot my friend Megan in the ass with a BB gun while we were doing it. I don't remember ever kissing Dennis again after that kiss....Thank God. Needless to say, the next few years scares the hell out of me.

No comments: