Saturday, February 5, 2011

Let it snow

It's been a while since my last post. I actually got sick this week. Knocked me down for three days. My brother got it too. I thought my body was going to start growing into the sofa. I barley moved for three days. The nice thing about being sick was for one I had an excuse not to do shit for three days and two I got my 97 percent full DVR down to 11 percent. The funny thing is Cole came in from school and I was crashed out on the sofa sick. He looks at me and says....what's this???...why are you sleeping on the sofa??? I tell him I'm sick as a dog. He says.....I didn't think Mom's got sick. In a perfect world is what's in my head.


While on the phone with Mom...aka...Debbie, my Dad...aka...Grump wanted to talk to me. So he gets on the phone and says he's been reading my blog and he thinks I'm a really good writer. I tell him one of my friends thinks I should turn it into a book. His response......Oh No you can't do that, that would be to much pressure you probably wouldn't be that funny then. Me I just have to laugh. Way to pump me up old man. Wonder if he ever read that little engine that could book. Damn it, Grump I'm the little engine! I forgot he did say I cuss a little to much on here. Then Debbie said....if I had a dime for every time you use the word ass I would be a millionaire. This coming from a women who reads the obituaries daily.....who does that??????



Wednesday night still not feeling 100 percent I head to the workout center with my brother. I tell him lets not over do it since we have been sick. We get there and there are a few people there. I always hate that. I like to workout by myself. I get on the elliptical next to a women in her seventies. I'm on it five minutes thinking how I'm I going to make it. Being next to someone makes me not want to get off even if I feel like I may pass out and die. I put my Ipod on and rock out to Katy Perry, U2, and Blackeyed peas. Why this seventy year old does look like shes breaking a sweat running circles around me is beyond me. I'm just trying to look good singing in my head....baby your a firework. I'm telling my twisted sister this later in the night. I tell her I hate working out next to people because they make me workout harder than I want to. She tells me that's why people like to work out in a gym because it motivates then. AHHHH HAAAAA, that makes total sense. Since starting this workout crap the only thing I realize is I am one weak ass baby.

Thursday night it barley snowed here in Austin TX but still the whole city shut down on Friday.
The kids school was cancelled and my work didn't open. I thought about lying about my work being open so I could get the hell out of here for the day. I decided to grin and bare it, BIG MISTAKE. All I got to say is snow days are for the birds.

I talked my brother into going out and cutting those pretty berry branches off trees in the hood. While he was cutting them down a car drove by, he looks at me and says is this illegal???? Hell, I hope not. I have been wanting these to put in my pots outside.




Saturday I went to the mall to pick up Blake....aka....who the Hell raised you???? Since the mall is not a hop , skip, and a jump away I decide to go in and do a little shopping. I had a return at Abercrombie. I bought Blake jeans there a few weeks back. I was super excited to give them to him. I usually get him cheap jeans but since these designer ones were on sale I splurged. I couldn't wait for him to get home from school to give him these jeans. So he finally gets home and I'm like hey I got you some really cool jeans today. I pull them out thinking he is going to think I'm the greatest Mom ever. He looks at them and says......I'm not wearing those, only a gay guy would wear those. WHAT??????? But they are soooo cute! He rolls his eyes and says straight guys do not wear jeans with little slits in them. Deflated is all I can say! So I return the jeans and a shirt I thought he would wear and get fifty dollars back. This to me means I have fifty dollars to spend on me.



We head into to Macy's because they are having a huge sale. I love that brand INC and a bunch of it is 75 percent off! Jack pot. Me I never try anything on. I'm picking out a shirt and I can hear my damn twisted sisters voice in my head saying.......aren't you going to try that on????? So I try it on against my better judgement. I'm in the dressing room in my underwear. I take a look in the mirror and all of the sudden this little jingle is running through my head. Oh where oh where did my perfect figure go???? Oh where oh where did it go????? My ass now has dimples, my boobs are all gnarly....oh where, oh where did it go????? My tummy looks kind of like an ass and I look like I need a months worth of sleep. Oh where oh where did my youth go???? I hate fluorescent lighting!!!!! If I never have to look at myself in fluorescent I would be one happy girl. Ignorance is bliss...just sayin!
So I get home from the awful fluorescents. Mom....aka...Debbie calls me. Now she is having a Superbowl party tomorrow. She is using one of my recipes for the party. While I was at work today she called me not once but twice to guide her through the grocery store. She calls me tonight and tells me she was in the grocery stores for for six hours. Who does that is what I'm thinking. Really???? is this a joke???? Then she is like.....do you know how much money it cost to make your white Chili???? I say Nope, I have no idea. She tells me it cost 36 dollars to make this shit. I'm like well your making it for a group so it's more money. Then she tells me she got the chicken on sale so it's even more. No shit, food is expensive which is why I don't have expensive boots!

No comments: