Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who do these people think they are?

I never really finished blogging when my sister...aka...Twisty and Ella...aka..the golden jerk were here. What can I say....life got in the way. Even though the golden jerk was a little under the weather we dragged her ass up the the germ infested school for lunch. Twisty being the germ freak that she is handled this pretty well. Maybe because the golden jerk was already infected. So were sitting there and Twisty says.......Oh, your one of those Moms. I look at her thinking this should be good knowing a slam is coming my way and I say....What kind of mom???? She says.....the kind of mom that lets your kids go to school with bed head. I'm like look around most of us are lazy parents, I see a lot of bed heads in this lunch room. At least she said she thinks she will be that mom too. Even though she said this I call bullshit.....her golden jerk will be totally put together for school. It's different with girls. I would never let a girl go to school with bed head.
So today once again I get the kids up and out. I went back to bed again. The only out I have on this one is they say sleep heals the body and mine needs lots of healing. I'm starting to wonder if I'm suffering from depression. My doctor gave me meds for this months ago but they are still sitting in my cabinet. I fear pills like a crazy person since the pill made me feel anxious and vitamins make me nauseous. Bottom line is if I would just suck it up and try these pills life would probably be better.

After I finally pulled myself out of bed I decided to clean the house. My brother...aka...lost in translation is staying with me for while. I tell him it's cleaning day. He takes the upstairs and I take the downstairs. I think I like having him here. It's very hard to have both floors clean at the same time. BTW, I love having my brother here.


Cole and Aidan.....aka....dumb and dumber get home from school a little after three. Since we were cleaning one of Blake's old cell phones are sitting out. Cole is like can I have this phone??? I say sure knowing good and well the damn thing doesn't work. At first the phone thing is above his head because it takes pictures and he is taking tons.
Then he wants to call someone on this non working phone. Cats out of the bag now....phone don't work. So I find myself in an argument with a nine year old about not having a phone. I think back to myself at nine in the forth grade. I was in Catholic school in Miss Mc Cluskeys class just learning how to cuss. A phone damn at that time I don't even think I was allowed to use the home phone except to make plans. Most of the plans were made by my parents who were on the phone making plans for me with the other kids parents. I look at him and say....who do you think you are and who do you want to chat with????? He tells me everyone has a phone. He does not get or give a shit about my tales of being nine. I can't help but think if I give this kid a phone I will forget what his eyes look like or the fact that he can hold a conversation. Now my oldest constantly has his head down in his phone. I think I hear the beep beep from all his non stop text messages in my sleep. All I can think is where have we gone wrong with this immediate gratification generation. Why would a nine year old feel he is entitled to a phone. Bottom line my nine year old is not getting a phone yet. Once again I think why are we so overdrawn as a society? Is it the fact that everyone needs an IPhone, their own TV, their own bathroom. and immediate gratification for everything??? Don't get me wrong these people are spoiled and I have failed them in ways. All I know everywhere I go lately people have their faces in their phones, no one is really stopping to enjoy whats going on around them. Me myself is guilty of this as well. When Twisty was here we watched a movie she played words with friends and I played angry birds. Crazy I know. I often think these people I'm raising are not going to make great mates if I don't change things around here.
So while putting the kids to bed tonight we were having a discussion about Blake working out for track team. Blake is showing me something called suitcases. This is where you are pretty much doing a sit up with your ass in the air. I decide I will try these. I say I don't think I can do this. Cole and Aidan were on the bed watching. All of the sudden after I said I don' think I could do this, this little soft spoken voice says......you can do whatever you try for. It's Aidan and I have the rare moment of yes I have done a good job with these people I live with.

No comments: