Sunday, January 30, 2011

Adventures in babysitting

Saturday night Hub's and I headed out to celebrate our fifteen year anniversary. My brother Joe....aka...lost in translation babysat for us. We headed downtown to Maria, Maria. This is a great restaurant with really tasty food and live music. When we get there they tell us there will be an hour wait. Me I'm thinking.....WHAT?????Hub's didn't make a reservation with a special table, with lots of flowers, and a diamond stuck in my dessert. My God did he forget I gave him three boys! Fifteen years is a long time to be married to anyone these days. Shouldn't I get a prize, an award, a diamond, or at least a reservation??????? Am I on one of those joke reality shows???? My perfect table with lots of gifts is around the corner???? Men just don't think of the little things that make us girls stay happy. We make the best of it and have a beer at the bar. What does one talk about on their fifteen year anniversary?????? Our kids what else! After we get seated we have a really good meal. Both of us picked up our Iphones from time to time I guess no one is really ever present in the moment anymore. That song from the Lion King is running through my head.........ya know the one....Can you feel the love tonight! Which by the way just happens to be the song we danced to at our wedding. I hope he reads this and I get a re do on this night....just sayin!
So while we were off enjoying each others company when we weren't on our Iphones all hell was breaking loose at the house. Hubby being in the furniture business has very strict rules about respecting the furniture. The kids are never allowed to stand on it especially with their shoes. My brother likes to take pictures of everything just like me. I see this on his facebook page the next day. Great job babysitting Joe. Can you tell being surround by all these men is starting to break me???


After our meal we enjoy the great music. The great thing about living in Austin is there is always great live music. The name of the band is Soulution. Hub's just loved them. So he looks over at me and says maybe we should get this band to play at my fortieth birthday. Now granted I think the beer has gone right to his brain because he is clearly not thinking clearly. Me I look at him and say....oh you want them for your fortieth huh???? I don't think so!!!!! My fortieth birthday was planned by me myself and I, it was a house party, yes the food was catered and I did splurge for a bartender but you want a six person band???????? I wanted a big fancy party with a band but I decided to save money. Did you smoke some funny stuff before you left the house or have we won the lotto and you haven't told me. That little saying men are from Mars and women are from Venus is in my head now.

Back at the house the babysitting is going just great as you can see from the pictures. Who takes pictures of these crimes?????? I think I'm going to start to call Aidan, Cole, and Joe.......dumb, dumber, and dumbest.

Anyways the beers are starting to help me back at the restaurant. I guess I have to put my beer goggles on for the rest of this.

These guys must think Joe is the greatest babysitter they ever had.


The people watching is great. I go outside to listen to a voice mail and the girl in the purple and black is out there smoking. I don't hear a damn thing on my voice mail because I'm to busy listening to her beg some guy on the phone to come up there. She is saying things like but I just want to be with you, you make me so happy, I can't stop thinking about you, and I want you to meet my friends. You can tell by the way the conversation is going he is totally blowing her off. Me I want to scream.........GIRL,STOP IT, you sound like a cat in heat, your making yourself out to be desperate, your going about this all wrong! Make him want you, make him come to you, don't beg! I have been down this road and it is never pretty. This just makes me think if we only could age in reverse we would be much better at stuff like this. So we hang up our phones at the same time. She looks at me and says.....My name is Thumper like the bunny. I guess she felt like she had to introduce herself since I stared at her the whole time. I tell her my name is Kerry and then I get stuck in a ten minute conversation about how she lost her cat the night before. This shitz always happens to me. I'm thinking yep you lost your cat last night you lost it to that asshole you were just on the phone with and now he is no longer interested. Sad the way I think see what the world had done to me.


Back at the house the shenanigans are still going strong. I don't see any pictures of Blake from the night. I'm sure his ass is in the corner text messaging.
Back at the restaurant I have now had enough beer to forget about the pain of not having the perfect night. After this we head to Cedar Street to dance off this buzz. While at Cedar Street I'm in line for the bathroom. I'm standing there with this guy. Hub's comes around the corner looks at me and says......I'm going home with you tonight. I roll my eyes as if I have never seen him before. The guy looks at Hub's and says nice try you might want to try a different pick up line next time. I'm just laughing cause the guy has no idea that we are married with three kids.

Back at the house its just gets better and better. They thought it would be funny to use my makeup to make bruises and get into a little fake Halloween blood. I really don't see the humor in them ruining a perfectly good eyeshadow for these shenanigans. I realize they get this hey LOOK AT ME shit from me but come on.
Now there's a little story behind these white cowboy boots. My father in law who was a true blue Texan, a very Texas proud man thought it would be funny to buy me a pair of white cowboy boots to wear under my wedding dress. Now he wanted this to be mine and his little secret. We would revel these white boots during his speech at the reception. We went to Cavender Boot City on January 4th, 1996 to get these. I know the exact date because he had the sales guy write it inside the boot. So I got married in my pretty high heel white shoes. When I got to the reception he snuck the boots into the bridal suite from me to change into. After the dinner he called me out to the dance floor. He was making a speech about how happy he was to have me in the family. Then he said were going to change this little Chicago girl into to true Texan from head to toe. Right when he said that I lifted my dress to show off my boots. Later that night my Uncle Kevin took my boot off and had people fill it with money. I thought it would be cute to wear these boots out for our anniversary. Both my father in law and my uncle Kevin have since passed away. Both were great men and both died of cancer. I miss them both all the time. I'm thankful for the great memories I have of both of them. Maybe I can pass these boots on to one of my future daughter in laws. They will have to have small feet since my feet are smaller than my nine year olds.

We get home shortly after midnight to find this. I guess this is why the shenanigans went on. The babysitter was buzzed. The important thing is the kids are all a sleep, job well done brother.

No comments: